Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 05-18-05, 10:10 AM   #1
Greenworm
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13

Dates Fished: 5/16-17/05

Water temperatures: 80-83

Water clarity: 1 foot to 3 foot

Weather: Air temps to high 80's - clear skies with afternoon clouding - light winds varying from south to east.

Hours fished: daylight until 1:00 on Monday and 9:00 till 12:00 yesterday.

Baits used: Chug Bugs, rattle traps, Senkos, buzz baits.

Numbers: 78 bass on Monday with two fishing and 27 yesterday with one fishing.

Areas fished: South end of Farm 13 from eastern N/S ditch to western N/S ditch - fish were found scattered with the highest concentrations between the center N/S ditch and the western N/S ditch. Monday we found the fish moved in closer to the shore in the Pinball area and were well out further west. Yesterday I found the fish to be well out and between the center N/S and western N/S ditches. When I say out, I mean well offshore, but not out of the wood yet. Quality has been good with largest fish for the two days at 7 pounds.

Top water bite has been there on both days in the AM although on Monday I did get a couple at mid-day. Chug Bug was the producer, not the buzz bait. Rattle trap has produced from early to quitting time. Senkos produced well on Monday but not as well yesterday.

Chug Bug produced with a mixed cadence. Rattle trap produced using a steady medium to fast retrieve. Senko produced weightless and slow retrieve as usual. Senko produced the biggest fish both days.

Outlook: Top water will get stronger and stronger. Look for the bass to be moving northward along the ditches. Keep the north end of the Farm in mind with emphasis on the swale line that runs across the north end of the Farm. Areas on the Marsh to watch would be the SW just off the divider ditch (ditch 7), the NW area and the western wall, Twin Palms, and of course that area that is just inside the cut into the Marsh.

See you out there. Say hi if you get the chance.
Old 05-24-05, 04:52 PM   #2

Default Re: Stick Marsh/Farm 13

I hate to ask but, can you tell me what is the best and safest route to take to get to the south west area of pond 13 after putting in at the ramp on the north end of Stick Marsh?
Old 05-24-05, 05:13 PM   #3
Greenworm
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: Stick Marsh/Farm 13

Richard,

From the ramp proceed through the cut and then 45 degree run to the east ditch. Follow that and ditch 7, (the divider ditch) to the Farm. Once in the Farm you can run southward to just past mid point. You will notice on the west wall levee a metal wall which is on the west end of the center irrigation ditch. From that point southward you would be wise to idle. Especially on the SW side.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.