Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-05, 08:12 PM   #1

Default Old Hickory Lake

Old Hickory 4-26-05

Sorry for the picture quality-I'll explain in a minute. I met Shane Scott at the ramp at 5:30am with over cast sky's, drizzling rain and cooler water temperatures. At our first stop we picked up two bass on our first two casts and the action stayed fairly constant until late morning and then it took a nose dive. Crank baits were the key for our early bite with very little happening on any type of jig-plastic, top water or jerk type baits. Truthfully we struggled for an hour or so until I found a pocket that had some active fish that would gladly take a shot at a Case Super Salty jerk bait. This is where perseverance and not giving up makes the difference between a good or bad day on the water. It would have been easy to put the boat on the trailer and say things just died and go on home........sometimes the action will die and you can't recover, there's no doubt about it...BUT...loading the boat and quitting is always my absolute last option. Shane is holding our best fish of the day....in total we caught and released 21 largemouth and Shane lost a legitimate 5 or 6 pound fish that jumped twice and threw the Super Salty back at him...Now back to the not so good pictures.....I started raining so hard you almost couldn't see. We had to get under the nearest bridge just to get pictures....the rain was coming down in sheet's that would leave a good sting on your face as we made our way back to the ramp......Shane I appreciate you hanging in there with me.....maybe our next trip will include some sunshine........Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides
www.tennesseebassguides.com

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.