Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 11-18-04, 11:16 PM   #1
fishntytyme1027
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishntytyme1027
Default NEwbie

ok i got a new name my old name was PImpinAngler
fishntytyme1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-04, 11:57 PM   #2
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default Re: NEwbie

nobody here cares.you've already served notice of your intentions,and i quote you"i dont feel like im wasting my time but Â*about me wasting your time i could care less" .here's a site for you Â* Â*www.hilaryduff.com

this will be the last reply you get from me
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 12:19 AM   #3
fishntytyme1027
BassFishin.Com Member

tom i was starting fresh but i guees some people are just a**holes
Old 11-19-04, 12:27 AM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Glad to see th name change. Â*The old one just wasn't quite appropriate.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 04:05 AM   #5
TonyNucci
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TonyNucci

You guys need to realise that he just gave up one one of his biggest ambitions and that is not being a "newbie" on this site anymore... That name change put him 30 posts back...

Just joking mister fishin4theday
TonyNucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 05:27 PM   #6
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Not trying to get into the middle of this thing, but the best thing you could have done if you wanted to try and get respect out of these guys by changing your name was to not tell everyone that it was you. Noone would have known any different, that is as long as you straightened up your grammar and punctuation.

You have to remember, this is a forum, not an instant messenger program, so the shortcuts are not needed, and are certainly not welcome here. If you are going to post a question, then first look to see if it has been asked before. If you can't find it, then state it in your post along with your question, and apologize if it has been posted before, but you couldn't find it.

There are a lot of great people on here that are willing to help anyone that asks for it politely. They have a great amount of knowledge and willing to share it, so instead of ruffling everybodies feathers and asking a thousand questions, just sit back and read past posts sometimes when you have nothing to do.

One other thing, don't worry about how many posts it takes you to get a higher status. The people on here seem to care less if what ranking a person has if they post a legitimate question worth answering. And don't make it questions about who is a persons favorite fisherman, or what line everybody likes. If everyone wanted to answer surveys they would subscribe to a survey site.

I hope this helps you out.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 08:22 PM   #7
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

You may have called that one right.
I guess I'm just an a##hole.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 09:12 PM   #8
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

not getting any disagreement from me on that. but you are 1 with style and ablity.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 10:00 PM   #9
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=Fishin4theday link=board=news;num=1100830581;start=0#2 date=11/18/04 at 22:19:18]tom i was starting fresh but i guees some people are just a**holes[/quote]
The name change is a good start. But you need to cut out the insults, even if you feel you've been provoked. Stay above the fray, show respect for others, and you can work yourself into the good graces of the others here.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 10:30 PM   #10
fishntytyme1027
BassFishin.Com Member

honestly a few people on this site a have just been plain mean from the first post and I fell that they just didnt like my name so they didnt like me.

Fishin4theday
Old 11-19-04, 10:35 PM   #11
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

People shall forgive you however if you really do make an effort to post well. If they don't, then you don't need to bother yourself with them!
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-04, 10:37 PM   #12
fishntytyme1027
BassFishin.Com Member

LOne, I didnt notice that a few bad questions was enough to treat me like a lot of the members of this site did.
Old 11-20-04, 12:49 AM   #13
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Im beginning to sound like Im repeating myself. Look this is all about respect. If you give it, you'll probably receive it. A. your a newbie B. It sounds like your still a kid C. Theres people on here 10,20,30 maybe even 40 years older than you. Just by age alone they deserve respect. Let alone a lot of these guys on here are pro or tourney fishers or just fish so much they should be pros. You can gain valuable info if you just read and research. Yeah Ive probably posted some repeat stuff....It happens. Lately most of my posts have been agreeing with somebody or throwing back a little joke towards them. Humor is also well accepted here to a point. Im born and raised a smartass, but I know the time and place for it. Have I P offed somebody here...Probably. Do I go on and on about it probably not. Usually a return post with a hint that I ruffled their feathers is enough for me to know it's time to back off. Theres a way to work yourself into the crowd, becoming an outcast and a punk is not the way to do it. Some of the best info I have received from here is also from the same people that are about to run you out of here. Again do some research and post wisely, you might be surprised to find out what some respect and common courtesy get ya. Sorry to the rest about the length. The soapbox is now crumbled beneath my feet. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-04, 05:19 AM   #14
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

To gain respect, you first have to give it. Â*

Frankly, I didn't like your old name. Â*To my way of thinking it showed that you don't or at least didn't have a lot of respect for yourself. Â*If you think someone who exploits the prostitution of someone else is a hero, worthy of being looked up to, you're mistaken. Â*So, right from the start, I didn't take you seriously.

Then there was a matter of the "creative spelling". Â*That's a pet peeve of mine. Â*I don't know if people think it's "cute" or if they just don't know any better or what, but I pray to God, that you've gotten a better education that that. Â*Use it. Â*It's not a bad thing. Â*A typo or misspelling a word is one thing. Â*To leave something that looks like you need a Buck Rogers Decoder Ring is something else. Â*

Then there is outright hostility toward someone else here. Â*It's one thing to disagree with someone; you're free to do that. Â*To call names, or insult someone; that's different, and I don't care who you're doing it too.

If you're seriously trying to start over, I commend you for it. Â*It takes a certain ammount to courage to say "I made a mistake, will you forgive me?" Â*I for one will. Â*

That is of course assuming you're serious about trying to be a productive member of this forum. Â*If you're just here to annoy people, or what my grandfather would have called, "talking to hear yourself talk", you can look to be ignored. Â*Frankly, you will have asked for it.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-04, 07:31 AM   #15
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

[quote author=Fishin4theday link=board=news;num=1100830581;start=0#9 date=11/19/04 at 20:30:12]honestly a few people on this site a have just been plain mean from the first post and I fell that they just didnt like my name so they didnt like me.

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Fishin4theday[/quote]
Maybe if you thought a little harder about your posting name before you put it in the forum, We wouldn't have to think you were going to be serious about anything you had to say!.

It was a little childish to pick that name in the first place. Just because it's cool to young kids doesn't mean grown up's are going to like it.

I thought it made fishing sound trashy, and fishing is one of the worlds oldest hunting rituals, so give fishing it's dew.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-04, 07:57 PM   #16
fishntytyme1027
BassFishin.Com Member

First off im not really sure that im a kid
Old 11-20-04, 09:27 PM   #17
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Then don't act like one.

Well, let me add something to that. The only way we have to "know" you is by what you leave here. You are the only one who can control that. The impression you leave here is entirely up to you.

Good luck.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-04, 09:49 PM   #18
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

[quote author=Fishin4theday link=board=news;num=1100830581;start=0#9 date=11/19/04 at 20:30:12]honestly a few people on this site a have just been plain mean from the first post and I fell that they just didnt like my name so they didnt like me.[/quote]
You've got that one 100% correct. You've heard the old expression, "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression"? Well, your first impression was your ill-advised handle. You changed that, now you need to overcome that first impression that everybody remembers.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-04, 10:55 PM   #19
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

u might want to find out if ur a kid it could help also dont try to be somthin ur not. if ur real serious about fishin then take whats on the site and use it to ur advantage. also leave some for us to use like a new method you have learned or maybe just somthing worth readind(fishing related unless in the non-fishing area). if ur just going to be one of those people who get on the site talk abunch of bs and leave to never be heard of again, then dont waste our or your own time. i do hope that u r serious about becoming a fisherman. its a fun thing to do and also a very good way to spend your time. so make up your mind of what u want to be and go from there. if u chose fishing then i hope u learn alot and catch alot and have a good time.also show respect. sorry for the long post.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 10:45 AM   #20
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

ill say one thing, you never get a second chance to make a first impression
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 12:40 PM   #21
LEVI
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LEVI

Fishin4theday,
Tom is right you made your intentions clear when you first came here > So now that you have a new name, use it on another message board...To keep it simple "GO AWAY"! This is the last time I will reply to you "pimpin"

Kybasser
LEVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.