Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-02-09, 09:17 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Boat load of bass!!

ok, first of all i am gonna say that this hasn't happened to me in a very long time. i mean a REALLY long time. hahahaha.
it has been raining here very hard, lighting, thunderstorms and loads of wind. i wa planning on going this morning but it was still pouring down and lighting. but it tapered off after noon. so i said what the heck, i'll try it now. not really excited cause i figured it would have shut down the fish by now.
BOY was i WRONG! i launched out of my usual place, b b comer. i trolled over to where the lily pads start coming up. i have 6 rods rigged up.
1 with the trusty ol zoom lizard, punkin seed/chartruse tail
1 with the white spinner bait/white blood trail skirt
1 pig n jig with a craw trailer
1 with a white buzzbait
1 with a white rooster tail 1/4 oz
1 with the rattle trap

ow what did i catch over 20 bass with? ready?
ok, first bass was caught on the zoom lizard. nice fish too 2 pounder. i am smiling now real big. it was the 3rd cast of the evening. lol.
second fish came on.........get this. a SPRO FROG! yep, i wasn't getting any hits for over 2 hours on nothing else. light drizzle and the buzz nor the spinner did got a hit. so i changed outta boredom i guess,lmao. a VERY nice 3# bass.
then i noticed they were running the shad like crazy. so's i went over there and threw the spinner again, wham! a nice one but just under the inch mark. threw again, wham, wham. 2 more barely made it to survival. undersized again. then i thought..these have got to be dinks here. so i tested my theory. threw the roostertail. bam, bam, bam. every cast was a dink. caught so many and was laughing so much i got carried away. i was having so much fun catching them little dinks i forgot the bigguns back in the grass. had to be over 15 dinks in all.
so i refocused and threw the spro again. nuthin. thew again in another spot. nuthin again. threw it and threw it till i got tired of it. now this when you lose your focus and miss one,lol. yes i missed one, refocus boy! throw it agin 20 feet to the right......... i watch the fish swim OVER TO IT! WHAM! LAND A 3 1/2#. started to rain real hard now and i was tired and wanted to tell ya'll about it.

i really didn't think the spro would do good. but i haven't used it since i bought it this past winter. glad i did. love the dang thang too. the way i used it was cast it out. let the waves get away form it, pausing ya know. twitch it a little, and if there is a fish there he eats then. if not there, reel it in and throw again. if i reeled it in twitching it like you're supposed to, nothing would happen. hope this helps anyone out there. maybe it was a fluke i did so well today. maybe not. i like to think that i thought outside the bos on this one. the conditions weren't right for the frog i don't think. but it worked for me today. gonna go again in the morning. and yes lisa is going this time. told her about it and she wants to go now. hahahahahaha. and yes she will have a frog tied on too, lmao.

thaks gang. i have learned all this form this site and YOU folks here. special thnks to kevin. if not for this site. i STILL would be outside looking in.
Old 05-02-09, 09:23 PM   #2
zooker

i am hearin that the frog bite is on at ky lake.. so you know a tire old hook that will be thrown with a horny toad on it..

sounds like a good day..

$5 says lisa will out fish old bama parker tomarrow...

zooker
Old 05-02-09, 09:27 PM   #3
bamabassman

oh yea zooker? how bout a stein? huh? ya up fer it ol bo? hahahahahaha.
Old 05-02-09, 09:38 PM   #4
keithdog

Thats really great bama. Ya just gotta love days like that. Plus mixing it up and catchin fish gives ya a sense off confidence. When I was at Cabelas buying my battery tonight, I was looking around and saw the new Spro Popper frogs. I gotta get me one of those. I think that will make a good open water frog. But DANG!!! they want $9.99 for the darn thing. I can't believe they are asking that much for a hollow bodied frog. Good luck tomorrow.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 11:40 PM   #5
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like a blast, John. I'm jealous, no doubt.
Old 05-02-09, 11:42 PM   #6
bcklash

Bama, ya bragging, I can't believe this -- I hate ya man. just kidding .

GREAT DAY IN THE RAIN!!!
Old 05-03-09, 10:25 AM   #7
bamabassman

thanks gang. was going out this morning but the lighting and thunderboomers are a coming again. don't take a chance in lighting gang, too dangerous. winds getting up to 40 mph too. maybe tomorrow evening. or tuesday or wed, hahahahaha. yea, when the top water starts, i go as much as i can.
Old 05-03-09, 10:33 AM   #8
cassidyta

Way to go Bama. Sounds like you had a blast.
I am glad to see that the Frog worked for you. I have found that once I am off the pads or algae, there is really only a f foot window where the frog is effective. I think you nailed it on the cast and twitch a couple of times before reeling it in and casting again.
I am curious though, was it the weather or the fear of having to admit that Lisa outfished you AGAIN, that kept you home today?
Old 05-03-09, 10:34 AM   #9
Jim80

There ya go bama glad ya had a great trip out man , and who cares about the size of em right ? putting em in the boat is the fun part.

Jim
Old 05-03-09, 12:17 PM   #10
66KingFisher

Sounds like a great outing to me.....congrats Bama
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 12:42 PM   #11
bamabassman

hahaha, cass. it is the fear of LIGHTING pal. holding a lighting rod in a lighting storm ain't too smart right? but we DID want to go. it has slacked off at the moment, but i see the black clouds a coming. soooo, we are gonna go and get some supplies (groceries), and clean up around the shop today. been wanting to clean up the shjop since winter, lol. just never seemed to have time. wonder why? could it have been i was here, or maybe cuz i was splitting firewood and cutting trees and other stuff. hahahahahha. oh well, we'll go this weeke after work i promise, and lisa will outfish me i am sure. hahahaha, i love it.
and jim, you are right pal, it ain't ALWAYS bout the size....it's about having FUN! thanks again gang. i tried to post this in the reports thread too. forgot my password..........again. gonna try it again later today.
Old 05-03-09, 07:47 PM   #12
nofearengineer

Sounds like you had an awesome time, Bama. I'm as green as that frog with envy. Man, nothing is as fun as topwater action when it's really on. I'm gonna have to go make sure the hooks are nice and sharp on my old broken back floater rapalas. It'll be topwater time here in Indiana before you know it.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 08:11 PM   #13
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahaha, cass. it is the fear of LIGHTING pal. holding a lighting rod in a lighting storm ain't too smart right? .
Bama that's about like me holding an Ugly Stik!!
Old 05-03-09, 08:17 PM   #14
JB

Nice work bama, too bad ya don't ever get pumped up about it tho LOL jk :P
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 09:51 PM   #15
bamabassman

jb, i tried to do my ike imatation. just can't seem to get it down real good, lol.
Old 05-03-09, 10:01 PM   #16
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Hey John, sounds like a great day. still only one bass between me and my dad so far this spring. (It was mine! )

BB
Old 05-04-09, 09:19 AM   #17
woody

John,
Well it's about DA-GONE time! hehehe

Yeah I know, paybacks are a b*tch!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 10:43 PM   #18
bamabassman

yea woody, paybacks are a @#$%&. i got paid back today. took lisa with me. water so muddy you could have made a mud pie just dipping the pan in the water. we got 2 each. mine were bigger though,lol. nonw keepers. lisa got hers on a rattle trap (ya'll know how she loves that lure,lol) and one on a watermelon lizard. i got one on the water melon and one on the punkinseed/shartruse lizard. the bass are way back in the water. and they were pulling water the entire day. the bass just shut down. maybe later in the week it'll get better.
Old 05-06-09, 10:17 PM   #19
hookset on 3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bama, first of all, that fishin story brought a smile to my mug. Friday is the full moon, I would hit the lake hard if it ever stops raining in Bama. No sympathy from me though. I fished yesterday here in Rhode Island during the rain, but our rain was a miserable 48 degrees. Caught a bunch on a River2Sea medium crank baby bass color though.

Talk to you soon,

Hookset
hookset on 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 10:23 PM   #20
bamabassman

thanks hook. yea the water is muddy as all get out now, raining as i type hahahaha. going out this weekend anyway. gotta learn it sometime, and sat is gonna be nice. no sympathy wanted. just mad that i busted my transducers,lol. getting them tomorrow. OUCH that monkey packs a thumping on ya when it comes to yer rig. hahahaha. glad you got em, and in COLD weather too. i do NOT envy you guys up there. ya'll all need to move down south. then we can all go fishing together. meet up and head out.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.