Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 09-30-09, 01:55 PM   #1
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Kentucky Lake

It’s been a dream of mine for quite some time to fish Kentucky Lake. I am going to spending a few days in either late February or early June. I will be traveling in my motor home with my boat but would like to hire a quality guide for the first day out. Any suggestions or maybe some GPS numbers?

Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 02:05 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'd hit big bear creek or next door at the moors, its near the north end by the dam, this forum group went there last spring and enjoyed it.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-09, 04:36 PM   #3
Vegasspider

Other than Bass I thought I seen something one time about spoonbills is the correct? Do they hurt the Bass population and what are they about?
Old 09-30-09, 05:30 PM   #4
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have heard allot of good things about this guy, Captain Dave Stewart of Bass Buster Guide Service. On his website he offers a weekly Kentucky Lake fishin' report that was "dead on" during our Get-Together at Kentucky Lake back in May of this year.

Here's his website http://www.kentuckylakeguide.com/

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 10:09 AM   #5
woody

Hey Vegas,

Here is something that you might find useful for your Kentucky Lake experience. I read one of Capt. Dave's weekly fishing reports and noticed that he offers "one on one" lake consultation at his home.

The information below has been cut and pasted from his website.

I will be teaching the class on "How to Eliminate Water" again this winter since it was so popular last winter and the feedback from the folks that took the class has been so good. Also I have had a lot of requests to offer this class again so I am now taking bookings for the classes. I will be offering the classes during November, January and February.

Here are the timeframes for class availability:

November: 1 thru 30 (I will also be guiding in November so the number of days available for classes is dependent upon how many guide trip bookings I have for that month, if you want a date in November you should book asap)

January: 4 thru 31

February: 1 thru 24

I teach this class as a "one on one" so I do not do large groups. Classes are limited to one or two people. The price for the class is the same as last year: 100.00 for one person or 150.00 for two people. This class is taught in my home here at the lakes. This class is a 5 hour class.

What you will learn in the class:
How to Eliminate 80% or more of the water before you ever leave the house (trip preplanning) using a topographical map **
How to locate the highest percentage spots to be holding bass anytime of the year.**
How to make adjustments on the water when the weather/water conditions change **
Tips on lures, techniques, alternate patterns **
Questions and Answers: A chance to go one on one with me to answer your questions about these lakes, bass etc....

** This information can be applied to any lake with a shad forage base.

If you would like to book a date for this class, you can do so by calling me at 270-354-5039 or drop me an email. If you have any questions about the class, please feel free to call me. The best time to call me between now and the end of November is between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. central time as I am on the water every day this month and also will be guiding when not teaching classes in November. If you call and no one answers, leave a message on my answering machine with your name and number and I will call you as soon as I return.

If the response to this class is anywhere near as it was last winter, you should make your reservation asap to ensure you can get the date you want.

Last edited by woody; 10-02-09 at 12:46 PM.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 02:19 PM   #6
Vegasspider

Man this guy sounds like the real deal. I cant make his class but I sure would if I could. I am going to contact him next week to see if he might consider selling a DVD of his class and perhaps booking him for my trip. I still unsure about my exact dates but will be figuring it out in the weeks to come. Thanks for the leg work.
Old 02-07-10, 11:27 AM   #7
lilmule

Dave is about the best their is,also not back on the water as yet does seminars and classes in the winter and when he is generally booked up,he can however recommend someone else if not possible for him.
For ledge fishing or learning how to ledge fish hes it.
That said if you just want to catch fish just come here it happens.
Anyone using just about anything with any method regardless how deep,can catch fish here
They just cant win tournaments with what they catch.
21 pds is considered the mark to hit,but have seen it go to 30lbs and a 20 lb stringer not get 15th place,or a check for that matter.
Yes for 5 fish
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.