Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-03-11, 01:10 AM   #1
tomegun
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 12 volt? 27 or 29 amp battery

Went to Wallyworld, I saw marine batterys in 27 and 29 amps. I need to replace my trolling motor batterys. I run 2 12 volts for my 80 lbs thrust Minnekota. Whats the difference ?
tomegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 01:17 AM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I assume you mean Group 27 and Group 29 batteries. Look at the specs on them because depending on whether they are deep cycle or cranking batteries they can have different amp ratings. For the trolling motor you will want a deep cycle battery, they are designed so that it doesn't hurt them to be drawn down and recharged often. Get the one that has the most amps and reserve capacity as long as you can afford it and have room for it.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 01:23 AM   #3
Strike_King 609
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have a 1998 tracker 165 pro i use a 24 volt system with a 75lbs thrust motorguide wireless bow mount trolling motor. I have a 55 lbs transom mount. I run it on a 3 battery system one battery 12v runs my nav lights my pumps and the rear trolling motor. The other two batterys run just the bow trolling motor at 24volts. I bought a 3 bank on board charger so i could charge the battery all at once just plug and go. I bought my batterys at walmart. They have work fine for me. I posted a pix below of what the 24 volt system looks like hooked up. It can be very confusing just easier to show a pix. <the two wires in the front of the battery to the LEFT are the hook ups to the charger>

Old 04-03-11, 07:59 AM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

not trying to dissuade oyu form wally world. if oyu like them, and some people do, go with them. but in MY opion, interstate batteries are better. jsut a little couple of pennies buddy.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.