Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-15-07, 04:27 PM   #1
renagadebee34
BassFishin.Com Member

Default after spawn?

It has been about 1 week since spawn has been totally done and am having trouble getting the bigger fish to hit!!!! There are many weed patches in the lake and many drop off's with weeds on them too? I have tried fishing a silver and purple rattle traps, various crankbaits and spinner baits but cant seem to get them to bite!!! I also can see many big fish hanging out on the breaks!!! What do you guys like to do?
Thanks zack
renagadebee34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 04:53 PM   #2
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Zack,

Once the fish recover from the spawn they should go on a feeding frenzy. I've been having a lot of luck with a Bomber Fat A the last couple of weeks. In the pond that I fish they have started to stack up in packs in 5-8 ft. of water. Keep in mind the pond is only 12 ft. deep. Last Saturday I tied on the Fat A and once I found one fish I caught 4-5 more in the same area. Kept moving along the pond and once I found another one I would catch 4-5 more. I boated about 15 fish in 45 minutes.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 07:24 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

At this time it may be a bit harder to solicate a strike from the bigger fish since they have just spawned out. Best spot is the first available cover adjacent to a spawning flat such as the first break weedline or whatever. Usually the fish will hold there until they start into there usual summer haunts. I myself usually use spinnerbaits and cranks to search for the fisah then I will switch over to the plastics and jigs to pic them apart. This attack tells ya 2 things.How aggresive they are and the general size of the fish at hand.
Old 06-18-07, 11:33 PM   #4
firstbass7lbs
BassFishin.Com Member

ok so how long doers it take em to start hittin after spawning?
firstbass7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 08:35 PM   #5
hackattack
BassFishin.Com Active Member

2 weeks and they will be hungry...
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.