Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-09, 05:26 PM   #26
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It can't be a scam-- I'm getting paid, I've learned alot from people on this forum and not just about bass fishing. I've really enjoyed this site. Most everyone on here are outstanding people, KEVIN INCLUDED!!!
Old 02-23-09, 05:59 PM   #27
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

here is an idea............kevin will be at the get together on ky lake so why don't you just come on out and fish with us? it would be interesting to see if you are able to stand up to all the talking you are doing on here.
Old 02-23-09, 05:59 PM   #28
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I also 1st learned how to get a backlash out from Kevin's instructional video, but I just saw the same technique on a old Bill Dance show. So Kevin didn't invent it. But did share a important piece of information with us that has at times frustrated all of us.
Old 02-23-09, 06:02 PM   #29
CMorg

Sorry joel , I retracted that since I said something kinda bad. I learned how to get a backlash out from kevs video section. I think he knows his stuff for sure. Too bad you feel that way. Maybe you could share some good info , and help this site out instead of talking trash ?
Old 02-23-09, 06:04 PM   #30
CMorg

p.s. Im not a teenager , although I wish I was again.....
Old 02-23-09, 06:07 PM   #31
carolina-rig-01

so far he has said that a technique will out fish a pattern, and that red and black are bad colors to use for crawdad type baits and both are just total bs. if that is the best this guy has to offer then i doubt he will be able to contribute with any good information.
Old 02-23-09, 06:28 PM   #32
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I haven't been on here as long as a lot of other guys but I respect what Kevin has done and thank him for providing a great site on which I have learned a lot from him and all of the people on here, except for this [insert insult here] Sorry if I'm repeating a lot of stuff people have already said but I feel a need to respond to this person's actions.
Old 02-23-09, 06:30 PM   #33
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

This place is like meeting at the cafe before the launch. That's why we are here. And I think Kevin for producing a site that is not over ran with dictators, I mean moderators, that will snip if you fart to loud. Plus somebody must find him with credentials to pass their product to him for test. They see the amount of people that veiw the site and the follow up he gives to their product. Plus he gives the user the chance to post their opinions. I don't see where the "scam" would be. He's not knocking on my door or blowing up my phone. Try a subscription, or better yet, get on their email list to Buckmasters and see how Sir Jackie Bushman treats you. I would like to strangle him with that bandana. I haven't been here long, and I hope I don't rub the members wrong with my humor, but it's about the only place to loosen up, and share the trade without getting bombarded with a bunch of "you can't do that". Plus there are a lot of people that share the same humor, but on a serious note, they know their fishing. Thanks for the spot Kevin!
Old 02-23-09, 06:32 PM   #34
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Sorry joel , I retracted that since I said something kinda bad. I learned how to get a backlash out from kevs video section. I think he knows his stuff for sure. Too bad you feel that way. Maybe you could share some good info , and help this site out instead of talking trash ?
You confused me on this one. I agreed with you that I also learned a fool proof way to get a backlash out watching Kevin's instructional video, and up until last night I thought that he also came up with the idea. Then watching a old Bill Dance show, he also used that same technique. Nothing wrong with that. So how is that talking trash? And I believe that the vast majority of my posts have been positive as well as informative to the forum members. So what did I miss ?
Old 02-23-09, 06:42 PM   #35
jcw1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by jig fisherman View Post
I haven't been on here as long as a lot of other guys but I respect what Kevin has done and thank him for providing a great site on which I have learned a lot from him and all of the people on here, except for this [insert insult here] Sorry if I'm repeating a lot of stuff people have already said but I feel a need to respond to this person's actions.

I am in the same situation...I have not been on here that long, but i am thankful for what he has done also, even though he does not come up with all of his ideas like the backlash thing, i would never have found out and i would of ended up waisting alot of line....I can get just about any backlash out now...Thanks for everything Kevin...
Old 02-23-09, 07:23 PM   #36
lincomores
BassFishin.Com Member

I joined just yesterday, though I have been enjoying the site for several months now.

I was always a hunter...never a fisherman...well, occasionally I would but really once every few years doesn't count for much.

In 2005 I bummed my leg up bad and have not been able to return to the field for fear of re injury.
Last year, my wife in hopes of getting me to return to the outdoors I love suggested that I take up fishing. "What?...I don't fish..." A month or so later she suggested it again...I began to think about what she suggested a little harder...and I began to think about my grandson. My wife is much smarter than me. The fishing...the outdoors was as much for him as it was for me. So, I launched into the notion that I would take up fishing.
I am anal when it comes to doing things. I have to learn as much as possible. It probably has more to do with safety than enjoyment but both are credible reasons.

I wanted a boat. Learned all I could learn and spent what I could spend. I bought a aluminum 2002 Lowe 170SE Bass Striker with a 50 hp Yamaha. I looked for 8 months.

After that, I began the task of learning about bass fishing. I've literally watched and read everything a person could in the span of 6 months.
This site was one of the first I found. I like it a lot because it "isn't commercial." Kevin doesn't wear every lure and boat logo in his videos...he teaches usable information.

I've never fished for bass in my life, but I will begin this spring...with my wife, and my grandson.
Simply put, like a lot of other sites I've visited, I appreciate the plain, simple, forthright information produced...but the difference for me is that this is the first, and only one, I've actually registered to for the sole purpose of being a little active in the forums.

Thanks Kevin.
Old 02-23-09, 07:24 PM   #37
abu4600

I am new here also, But if I ever get the chance to meet Kevin in person the first thing I'd like to do is shake his hand and thank him for the hard work he does to make this site the best bass fishin site on the web.
Old 02-23-09, 07:31 PM   #38
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu4600 View Post
i am new here also, but if i ever get the chance to meet kevin in person the first thing i'd like to do is shake his hand and thank him for the hard work he does to make this site the best bass fishin site on the web.
+1

Old 02-23-09, 07:39 PM   #39
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

First off, sorry for repeating what has been said before, but when I read this, I was at school and we are blocked from loggin in to forums and stuff. And I did not feel like typing this on my blackberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbass View Post
This guy seems to be all knowing in the bass world, giving us videos, tips, tricks. I've in fact never seen him in any tournements, whats his credentials besides this site. The future of bass fishing is his mato yet all his videos say the same old stuff. Veterans of the forums can be in there teens, please people a scam is a scam.
OK, CCbass... hmmm... where to start... I'm actually glad is not a famous tournament fisherman. I trust a bait recommendation from Kevin more than from most pros, and you know why? Exactly, pros are paid to say what their sponsors want to hear.

Kevin's videos are awesome, and from what you're saying, it shounds like you haven't watched many of them.

As for veterans of the site being in their teens... Well, if I remember correctly I'm in my teens. Age has nothing to do with what your status on the site is, it goes by how much you contribute to the site. I'd rather have a teenager, like me, who contributes to the site say four times a week than Kevin Van Dam if he contributes once a month on the site.

And how is this a scam, does kevin charge you to be here? no. Does Kevin give you false information? no. Does Kevin or his site in anyway do anything but help you get better at fishing? NO! And honestly, if Kevin started charging to stay on the site, I know I'd pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
and an idiot is an idiot. you have yet to make one post that seems realative and i haven't read one of your post that makes me think you have a lick of knowledge about fishing. you have some bs theories that are far from true and then you claim them to be gospel and anyone who disagrees with you gets a lecture on why you are right. since you have joined you have done nothing but upset people on here and now you are running your mouth about kevin, who by the way puts in more work on this sight than you could ever imagine. maybe it's time you just move on don't bother posting here anymore because i for one am sick of it.

GUYS I SAY WE JUST IGNORE THIS MORON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Post of the year, folks. Post of the year...

I'm giving him the chance to reply to this post. I'm going to wait and see what he says now. Surely he realizes he stuck his foot in his mouth so far his toes smell like sh!t, and I want to see what he has to say. One chance, that's it.
Nicely put C-rig, I agree with MB about the post of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I dont think we need to crucify the guy. He said something stupid, the grammar and time he posted it makes me wonder if he hadnt had something to drink cause his other posts were fine - to be honest I was taken a little aback by the attack on Kev cause, really, what has Kevin done to anyone?
I'm beginning to wonder myself...

Quote:
here is an idea............kevin will be at the get together on ky lake so why don't you just come on out and fish with us? it would be interesting to see if you are able to stand up to all the talking you are doing on here.
C-rig, that is a good idea, but I personally don't want to meet this guy or have him at the get together.

Quote:
so far he has said that a technique will out fish a pattern, and that red and black are bad colors to use for crawdad type baits and both are just total bs. if that is the best this guy has to offer then i doubt he will be able to contribute with any good information.
Again, very true.

CCbass, You are one of the people who make me apprehensive about spreading the word about this site to other sites. And people like you are the reason I stay off other sites and come here.

To finish up, I think not only Kevin, but everyone else (well the majority of the people) are great. I don't many places where people meet on the internet that would drive halfway across the country to fish with each other. And from the first get together, I can say it was definately worth it. And for this get together, I can't wait to meet Kevin.

BB

P.S. CCbass, simply put, if you think it's a scam, LEAVE.
Old 02-23-09, 07:52 PM   #40
WTL

Note to self:

Be sure never to question Kevin on this board. (Edit;now 15!) members readin this thread right now, everybody has given CC a big warm glass of stfu, its obvious we got Kevin's back.

Last edited by WTL; 02-23-09 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-23-09, 08:11 PM   #41
aikenyounggun

yeah im glad that kevin has made this website... i like this forum and i like his videos....... Kevin i have never met you but you seem like a great guy and i hope ill meet you one day when we have a bassfishin tournament a little close to home....
Old 02-23-09, 08:20 PM   #42
crankybait

I'm a teen... I'm a veteran... am i part of some huge scam? please do let me know
Old 02-23-09, 08:22 PM   #43
lowrider

what else can i add that has not already been said. hmmm, lowrider sittin' back laughing as i see 12 people viewing this thread right now!

sorry bout your feelings, dude, you brought it on yourself.
Old 02-23-09, 08:24 PM   #44
Rebbasser

As an old timer here I'll say this: If there is such a thing as a "home" forum for me this is it. Kevin does a great job with this site. Lots of hard work goes into keeping this forum open. Since I've been here I've learned a lot, passed on some knowledge, and made some darn good friends even though I've only "met" them here.

A scam? Lighten up, Francis. No scams here. Just good fishing info and good people. The usual "idiots" found on other sites are thankfully not here. As has been stated, this is like a cyber tackle shop, complete with info, insults, and good-natured fun. We are just a bunch of bass addicts, tackle junkies and bait monkey fodder. In other words, bass fishermen.

Us old timers have watched this forum really grow but without the BS associated with many other forums. And to me that is worth a lot.
Old 02-23-09, 08:27 PM   #45
bassboogieman

CCbass is just a TROLL who needs to go back under the bridge where he belongs.
This site, as many others, are run by individuals who provide a service. Some are better than others, but they provide a service that is FREE to those who choose to join the website. That they EARN fees from website sponsors is fine with me, it pays for me to be a member for free. Sponsors understand the value of supporting websites such as this and I'm gratefull that they do so.

For anyone to come on a website and take a CHEAP SHOT at the owner is abhorant to me, personally. I would not suspect individuals like that to be so brave in person. It's the anonymity of cyberspace that allows people to behave in a way they would not have the courage to do in person. So as advised above it would be best to ignore posts like this, but I personally believe Kevin himself would not rebuke this idiot, so I've joined the rest or you in doing so.

THANKS KEVIN FOR A FANTASTIC WEBSITE!
Old 02-23-09, 08:34 PM   #46
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
Many of us actually like this individual and share a mutual offense to your attack.
i absolutly agree with you bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Ask not what Kevin can do for you but what you can do for Kevin!
great quote doc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I would love to read Kevin's bio. Maybe he would grace us and post one.
sounds good joel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
A couple of years ago Kevin posted a little information about fishing tidal water. I read the information was impressed at the depth of knowledge that he had on the subject. I enjoyed reading the information and learned from his experience and his ideas on how to fish that type of system. And after fishing competitively for years on tidal river systems I recognized that he had "credentials".
though i do not fish -much- in tidal rivers for bass..i too read the same post. the in-depth detail and info involved in that one lone post. was worth a book full..

i have been with and around professional anglers for over 30 years. with 20 of those years spent as a big water trout angler.. so you can bet your last nickle i know just how good a man is by the way he talks about it. reguardless of sport any professional is the same. they have a true passion for the sport. not just a passing flicker of interst..that post of kevins showed his intents passion for this sport. the detail told of many hours spent honing that skill. and many more hours spent finding what don't work..

i have been bass anglin for roughly 12 years. this site has help my game come up a large percentage..

in return for the amount knowlage i have found here. i post the knowlage i have learned without question on this board..

if at anytime ANYONE questions the amount of knowlage i pour freely out on this forum..just click on any of my post and READ.. there is over 11,000 of my post on THIS FORUM ALONE..

kevin does a great job on this site. a site i actually like to waste time on..
i think it is time this moron visited

mybuttgotbanned.com

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 02-23-09 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-23-09, 08:35 PM   #47
bamabassman

WELL!!! now you've just pissed off the WRONG folks ccbass. there is nothing else that i can add (it ain't nice to write them kid of words here, so i won't do it) either. so i am gonna calm myself down and TRY understand your side.

i can't, i just can't. sorry.

look, if you don't understand us and kevin by now, you NEVER will. i have yet to meet him in person. but i will very soon. i have had the pleasure of talking to him over the phone though. he is the most sincere, honest, God fearing, helpful person i have NEVER MET! now as you can tell you are in very deep crap right now. i know i am rambling right now. i too am just as country as cows and chickens. i have only a high school education. although i did try to work my way through college a couple of times. so i am not ingnorant by any means. so don't even think that your education is anything to crow about over us. we have folks here that have degrees in most every field, work in every profession. but when we all are here, no one is better than the other. neither are you my friend. although you have a degree in your chosen field, it doesn't mean that you know more than anyone else. look at the old pro fishermen, roland martin, bill dance and so forth. are you telling me that because YOU have a degree that YOU are smarter then them when it come to fishing? i think not pal.
now kevin may not fish in the big tournies, so what? neither do i, and alot of others here don't as well.
as for kevins credientials........WE ARE HIS CREDENTIALS. the fact that we are here is proof enough for me. listen bub...IF WE EVER SEE ANOTHER THREAD LIKE THIS FROM YOU, THERE WILL HE77 TO PAY.

now....if you don't want to stay, have a great life. we don't mean you any harm really. but if you are wanting to stay...stay. enjoy the site as we do. but it will be a very long time before we trust you again. but we aren't gonna ban you....yet.
so you see ccbass, we will defend kevin till the end. because he defends us, and works his arse off for us.....his FRIENDS.

there is so much more i could say, but, i am too upset to put it down here. so just take it as you'd like, or go as you'd like. personally, i want you to stay and see and read what this is all about.
later.
Old 02-23-09, 08:37 PM   #48
Rebbasser

And there you have it, folks. Zooker has spoken. 'nuff said

Good post, bama-you hit on the 100% correct word: Friends.

Actually, there is a little better term now that I think about it: Fishing buddies. It don't get better than that.
Old 02-23-09, 08:38 PM   #49
bamabassman

well i am sad cause he won't read my or anyone elses post on this. shame really......
Old 02-23-09, 08:40 PM   #50
fish2

Send a message via AIM to fish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jig fisherman View Post
Jig I don't think you could be more right. I came on here thinking that I knew a whole lot about fishing and turns out I didn't know hardly anything. Kevin and his videos have helped me out tremendously in elevating my fishing. And sparking a love and a interest so deep that all I want to do is continue to learn and grow as a angler. As to so have all of your(everyone else's) knowledge. So to all of your I raise my glass and Kevin keep up the great work as we all (or all but one of us) really appreciate what you are doing for the fishing community.
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.