Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-08-10, 06:29 PM   #1
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 2 Mooks In A Boat or How Not To Operate Power Boat Or Foot Controlled Trolling Motor

When I went on the Bassresource trip to Fork Lake in 2007 :
I had never ran a boat that was not tiller controlled or a foot controlled trolling motor
Party of the first part; Me and my fishing partner ( Ron) get into our rented Tracker with a steering wheel and a 35 HP Motor / foot controlled trolling motor.
I,m driving, we start it up and the hull goes straight up in the air and I can’t see, I figured maybe we were supposed to take the seats off, so I say hey lets lower the seats, Ron takes over driving , same thing. Now there are 2 boats next to us, with experienced boaters, the closest contains Brent ( owner of Alluring Baits and Russ aka Low Budget Hookers) and they decide we are going to be more entertaining that the Fork Monsters, so they follow us.
Ron tries to cut through some standing timber, to get some help from some boaters next to us, not that Brent and Russ would do anything, they are just in this for a laugh. We did not know about the marker buoys to stay in boating lanes, and the other boaters are waving us off, of course we think the are just waiving so full throttle, nose straight up and we go through the standing timber.
Now Russ and Brent, you remember them: they decide before we kill ourselves, they will intervene. We cut off the boat , they pull along side and Russ comes in our boat and asks’ Don’t you know how to trim an engine” me , being Mr. Polite say” I don’t have a scissors how the @#!$) and I gonna trim it?” Russ shows us the trim switch, we do it twice and off into the lake we go, with the other 2 mooks still behind us. Ron is now driving and it is windy so ˝ the ^*#@$#) Lake is coming in the boat, Ron ain’t exactly popeye the *#(#*)# Sailor either, when we stop, now its time to put on the trolling motor
Party of the second Part: Foot controlled trolling motor; What the &#$(!!!!! How does this work????????
I see everyone zipping around and figure “ How hard can this Be? “ God forbid I ask anyone. So I am up front, figure out how to flip it into the water, now HOW TO WORK THIS THING????
It seems like a big gas peddle. So I mash it down only to find us turning in a never ending right turn, in a &^@#$()* circle. I am really getting frustrated as Russ and Brent are howling and Ron is not coming up with a better plan. I have no idea that the knobs on the peddle controls the speed and the toe/heel thingy controls the direction. Once again Russ and Brent intervene, by this point I am so pissed off if I could have thrown the motor into the Fork, it would have been on the bottom.
Russ Asked” Do you need help, do you know how to work that thing? “ laughing the whole time
So they get up to us I stop but I am so *#$@#()* Frustrated by this time ; THIS IS WHAT I SAD, IT HAS MADE BASSRESOURCE HISTORY AND IT WAS TOO LATE TO TAKE IT BACK
MY ANSWER;;;;; THE HARDER I PRESS THE RIGHTER I GO” YEA THAT’S WHAT I SAID, NO TAKING THAT ONE BACK

Party of the third part: Me and Ron , living up to our name; 2 MOOKS IN A BOAT, start to head back, we forgot to take the front seat down, so the boat vibration and wind rip it out, Ron is driving so it winds up in my lap, and sinks 2 of the 3 barbs of a Rapala #11 into my leg. Russ come up again and NO MERCY HERE, he and Brent ask if we could reenact this so they can get it on video. I had enough , we went in.
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 07:31 PM   #2
triglet
BassFishin.Com Member

Ummm hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
triglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 10:37 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yankees. (JOKING EBBITS). this is SOOOO funny man. at least you made it back without taking a dip in the lake. seen a fella who never operated a foot control troller get thrown off his brandnew 40,000 dollar rig cuz he had the troller on high and didn't know how to opperate it.
Old 08-08-10, 10:58 PM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah all these new boats got all those new contraptions,mine had a fish finder it never did find no fish.Just blipped and made tiny dots on the screen.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 10:59 PM   #5
cassidyta

Great read Ebbets. Nothing like learning with an audience
Old 08-08-10, 11:18 PM   #6
skeeter1804

Now that's funny. I would have loved to see that.
skeeter1804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 11:47 PM   #7
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA better you than me is all I'm gonna say, hahaha
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 10:16 AM   #8
Dennis1022
BassFishin.Com Member

In my own opinion is that the other 2 in the other boat should have or could have split up passengers. Put one in the other boat and the person that has no idea what he is doing is to watch other fishing men are doing. But there is not always nice people, they rather watch someone about to kill themselves or others. Maybe the laugh is on them. I would have sent my friend to the other boat and let him show how to use the motors. If the other persons in the boat wanted to learn an fish.
Dennis
Dennis1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-10, 10:36 AM   #9
Ebbetsguy

Hey Dennis, they are among my closest fshing buddies, Please do not judge a great laugh between some old friends. If we were in true danger they would have intervened. Ligthen up, it was a great funny moment in my life i am grateful to have shared it with them and the fellas here.
Old 08-10-10, 11:00 AM   #10
tim4081

Absolutely hilarious.....wish I could have seen it.....great post!!!
tim4081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 03:54 PM   #11
dave0943

Well you won't feel as bad when you hear this TRUE story. A buddy and I were fishing in Elgin I'll on the Fox river. We passed a couple of guys we saw putting in a boat earlier. We fished not to far away from them for a while. All of a sudden I hear bang, bang, GUNSHOTS I see them scrambling around the boat , jumping up and down, swearing. We moved away from them just in case but kept our eye on them. We could see they were excited and messing around with something in the boat. It was time for us to leave. We went in to the landing area and began to get our boat out of the water. Here come the two guys in a hurry. One guy jumped out on shore and asked us to make our loading in a hurry!
It turns out that they were off duty cops. One of the guys had never fished before. He caught a huge northern. I guess when he got it into the boat, the fish was flopping around pretty good. He thought he was going to get bit by the thing, pulled out his ankle back up gun AND SHOT THE FISH!!!!. Of course, the bullet went through the fish and the boat. This was the funniest most unbeleivable thing I'd ever seen. Just about as funny as your story!!! I swear to god this happened just as I said.
Dave
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 04:55 PM   #12
Ebbetsguy

So Dave you saying this story, documented by over 30 posts and a video at bassresource.com and you are making it a point to Capitalize TRUE, I have been calm and collected for a while, please do not ruin it with Crap like this, you dont know me nor I you, if you go to bassresource.com and search you will find numerous reaccountings and posting about this on a thread called bassresource.com 2007 Road Trip to Lake Fork, now go bust someone else's balls
Old 08-24-10, 05:15 PM   #13
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbetsguy View Post
So Dave you saying this story, documented by over 30 posts and a video at bassresource.com and you are making it a point to Capitalize TRUE, I have been calm and collected for a while, please do not ruin it with Crap like this, you dont know me nor I you, if you go to bassresource.com and search you will find numerous reaccountings and posting about this on a thread called bassresource.com 2007 Road Trip to Lake Fork, now go bust someone else's balls
Easy, big fella...

From the tone of Dave's post, I imagine he emphasized "TRUE" to make the point that HIS unusual story was factual, not as an attack on yours
Old 08-24-10, 05:16 PM   #14
dave0943

Default Huh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbetsguy View Post
I think there is a misunderstanding here. I didn't in any way mean that your story wasn't true. I quoted TRUE, because mine is kind of unbeleivable. If how I wrote my quote made you feel that way, I'm surely sorry, because it wasn't mean't that way. I enjoyed your story and can see that happening. I just wanted you to know that there are bigger moats in a boat, that's all.
Sorry Dude,
Dave
Old 08-24-10, 05:22 PM   #15
dave0943

By the way, after you guys get to know me, you will know that I enjoy the company of fellow fisherman and I don't like to get into putting peoples threads down. I worrk hard and when I have the time, I like to share stories and have a good time with like minded people. This seems like a good forum and have enjoyed the read.
Dave

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.