Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-06, 04:31 PM   #26
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom
i'm so sick of hearing ANYTHING is the best.absolutely NOTHING is the very best(except absolute).what is wrong with you guys?
saying something like that only makes you look really stupid.am i too blunt?just get it through your heads...NOTHING IS THE BEST!!!
stop making yourselves look foolish.no apologies from me....watch and learn children.and if you're going to say something so ridiculous again..just don't..keep it to yourself.
jeez!
i'd really like to help you guys but i will not give a sane answer to any idiotic posts nor will i reply to a post if your profile is not filled out.i think it's only fair to ask that of you.
do you guys and gals remember when someone joined this site,they would introduce themselves and give a little background of themselves so we knew what we were dealing with.now they jump in here and just start posting BS.what's up with that?
i'll get off the soapbox now before i fall.
that is one of the BEST answers i have ever heard... .you do have a point.
Old 07-27-06, 05:38 PM   #27
eyes
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 1st

Senko's did it again for us, caught a 4.16# Largemouth Wed. Night Hawg Hunt. Not enough to win the night but moved us into 1st in the standings. I still say their the best!
Craig
eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-06, 12:19 AM   #28
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes
Senko's did it again for us, caught a 4.16# Largemouth Wed. Night Hawg Hunt. Not enough to win the night but moved us into 1st in the standings. I still say their the best!
Craig
So what you're saying is that the BAIT was the reason you are in 1st place. Not any of your knowledge of where to fish them, or how to fish them, or even what color to use So if I buy some Senko's and throw them in the water they will just catch fish, and put me in first place Guess I better go buy some Senko's then, because they must be a MAGICAL bait I've used tons of diferent stick baits. Some have huge differences when others are slight. I use Senko's, along with Yum, and several other brands. Some days a slower fall works better, other times the faster is the deal. Sometimes the shade of the bait is all that matters. Sorry but Gary did come up with a great design and bait, but plenty of knockoffs work also. Give the same bait to some other folks, and they still won't catch fish, because of technique or location, or weather, or tides, or whatever. And also let's just for arguements sake say that perhaps YOUR CONFIDENCE in this bait excells

Lizards
Old 07-29-06, 10:39 AM   #29
eyes

Default not saying

Lizards,
Knowing how to catch fish has played very much in being first, but I am saying Senko's made it allot easier to be where were at. I sell lots of Senko's to rookie fishermen, women and kids and they do catch bass better than they ever had before. I've had people come in and thank me for showing them about Senko's. I've never had anyone thank me for telling them about any other lure. Confidence is a big factor too, and Senko's are easy to be confident in. Color is not a factor, tons of people use Senko's and they all have their favorite color, they all catch fish. If color was a factor I wouldn't have to carry 60 colors, I would only have a few different colors. I did say Chomper's work well too and even Yum's, but they don't get the fish like a Senko. The Senko's fall is like no other. Besides its only my opinion, didn't mean to make anyone mad, well maybe Bassintom, for thinking no one has a right to have a best lure. Senko's are my best lure!
Old 07-29-06, 10:46 AM   #30
JB

eyes,
I am a big fan of the senko's and tiki sticks, but have never had any quality fish on the green / chartruse color, have you had any experiences with that color combo?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-06, 12:18 PM   #31
ROBZILLA
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The only thing I diss like about these baits is that they are too soft and don't last as long as other baits do. Bass teeth just kill G.Y baits. Other than that they are great.
Old 07-29-06, 01:33 PM   #32
eyes

Default senko

JB,
If your talking the Chartuse tailed one, I have caught fish on them. For some guys its their favorite color. I like the Watermelon Blk flk., Smoke with Silver, I don't catch many but the ones I do catch with it are big. We always practice Sunday on the lakes were going to fish Wed. Practice day its easy to catch fish. I've tried 10 colors and caght fish on all of them. I haven't tried all the colors yet, theres just too many. Wed. are tough, we fish small lakes and after you get 40 boats on them it slows things down. Its a lot of fun, you only bring in one fish, your biggest one, if its the big fish of the night you win.
Old 07-29-06, 01:47 PM   #33
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

i never said an angler couldn't have his own best(favorite) lure..everybody has their favorite and i am no exception.i just never say my best producer is THE best for everybody everywhere.i have been known to joke about it though.
Old 07-29-06, 02:24 PM   #34
JB

I am refering to the tiki that is one side chartruse and one side green, both colors will catch fish on thier own, however for some reason they don't bite it, I can switch to a watermelon or sweet potatoe swirl and throw in the same area and get fish on, but nothing so far on the green/chartruse..I guess its like everything else, if I kept it on day n and out, something would hit it eventually .
Old 07-29-06, 02:41 PM   #35
eyes

Default tiki

JB,
I've never used the Tiki, they just make to darn many things. I'm just guessing but I'ld say that color would be at its best in clear lakes, ones you can see 30', were they say the lighter colors work. All the lake I fish could not be considered clear.

Bassintom,
You say you have a favorite lure, can you count on it to catch a nice bass when you need it too. How about clueing me in, I could use another lure for when nothing else is working. One of our tounaments this year we didn't get a fish but out of 38 boats 23 didn't catch one to bring in, six of the top ten guys didn't get one. I sure would have liked to have a secret weapon for that night.
Old 07-29-06, 11:06 PM   #36
WTL

Tom, JB,

I just need to set yall straight on one thing.

Grey Goose is the best Vodka on the planet by far.

Regards,
WTL
Old 07-29-06, 11:31 PM   #37
H2O

Talking

Quote:
Lizards,
Knowing how to catch fish has played very much in being first, but I am saying Senko's made it allot easier to be where were at. I sell lots of Senko's to rookie fishermen, women and kids and they do catch bass better than they ever had before. I've had people come in and thank me for showing them about Senko's. I've never had anyone thank me for telling them about any other lure. Confidence is a big factor too, and Senko's are easy to be confident in. Color is not a factor, tons of people use Senko's and they all have their favorite color, they all catch fish. If color was a factor I wouldn't have to carry 60 colors, I would only have a few different colors. I did say Chomper's work well too and even Yum's, but they don't get the fish like a Senko. The Senko's fall is like no other. Besides its only my opinion, didn't mean to make anyone mad, well maybe Bassintom, for thinking no one has a right to have a best lure. Senko's are my best lure!
I do believe that Gary Yamamoto's best design makes bass fishing easier than ever, which might piss us off actually! .

However, I think senko is not a very Interesting oe exciting bait, imo. I fish bass for fun, not for cheque, so over all, I think Soft plastic frogs are the best!

I do use a lot of Tiki stuffs, such as Tiki Sticks and Tiki toad.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 11:46 AM   #38
bassintom

i'll have to give Grey Goose a shot(pun intended).
Old 07-30-06, 03:56 PM   #39
JB

thanks wtl, another addiction huh rofl
Old 07-30-06, 10:53 PM   #40
bassintom

says made in france???????i'll stick to absolute.
Old 07-31-06, 12:44 PM   #41
Stick-em

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Smile Save a Senko Foundation....

Eyez is right,

If you really want to get bit, bite the bullet for some senkos' and let'r rip with fish in the boat. I've fished other brands and have caught some fish and when they stop producing fish on the water, I reach for Yamamoto. I know some folks personally that have senko's to back themselves up for sure on their boats when their "knockoffs" don't get bit so, most of it is confidence but, in reality, it's the smell and appearance under the water isn't it?

Oh, and we don't have the problem that you all have, having to purchase baits all the time. Here at PRO's Soft~Bait Glue we encourage you to join our Save a "Senko Foundation"

Quote:
Well I'll say Senko's are the best Bass killing lure out there, chomper's Salty Sinker would be my second choice if I didn't have a Senko. All we use are Senko's and were 2nd in the standings in our Wed. Night Hawg Hunt. Our favorite lake is this week, so were planning on getting to the top, using Senko's. Tbe BEST Bass lure out there!!!!!
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.