Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-08, 05:57 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Talking Amazing Day

Let me tell you, we smakced 'em today, guys! We fished for around 4.5 hours and ended up with 25 or more fish, the biggest five going around 6-7 pounds according to my Berkley TEC Scale.

The day started off lousy. First, the wind was pushing 15-20, gusting up to 25 or 30 at times, and pushed us into the weeds numerous times. It didn't help that is was 5:05 AM and still pitch black either. We started fishing the point we hit Sunday, but no fish, (due to lousy boat control I'd say).

Moving on, we crossed about 100 yards from the original point to another, and I proceded to get about five fish on the popper, biggest going 15-16". Working along the point dad was also picking a few up on the 3" "Luminous-White" Senko. We ended up with about 8-10 fish on this point, quit around 7:30-8:00 and moved on to the pads and deeper weeds. Dad also picked up a beautiful smallie, only about 8", but great color. The area was really chunky and sandy, great smallie spwaning are it looked like. Dropped-off hard too. We were 15-18 yards from the bank and sitting in 44', casting into 3-4'.

Got to that pads and immediately started catching fish. Worked along the bacnk in about 1-3' of water, casting to the pads with Wacky-Rigged Nemesis Sticks, (Green Pumpkin), and the 3" Senko, Texs-posed.

Ended the day working the pads, catching two or three more 15-16", biggest going 1-pound 11-ounces.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for no pics, I've been leaving it in the house lately. Get her when we go tomorrow!

Old 07-23-08, 06:51 PM   #2
Lunker Lander
BassFishin.Com Member

Me and my Dad caught a ton today as well. We lost count after 30, it was somewhere in the mid 30s I think.

We first hit this long secondary point with scattered stumps on one side that was in clso to a creek channel. Caught several, including a 4 pounder on a the first cast throwing a rage toad over the top.

Then we moved on to a milfoil bed and the fishing really began!

I first hooked up with a 8 pound largemouth throwing a texas rigged Gulp! worm. The fish was a little skinny, had a huge frame though. Would have been 11 had it been filled out. Then I caught a 4 and a 5 pound, the first being a smallmouth and the second a spot on consequtive casts on the Gulp! worm.

I wish I had pictures for everyone, but the 8 pound splashed the deck of my boat so hard that it nuked the camera. Haha, it was worth it though, every bit. Guess I gotta buy a new camera now - by the way, anybody know which one I should get? I'm think about 4 - 5 hundred dollars here, I don't want to spend any real money.

Toodles.

Dane
Old 07-23-08, 07:40 PM   #3
doc

Price of a berkley TEC Scale $49.95
price of lunkers new camera $4-5 hundred dollars

The freakin look on Wuzz Bings face when he sees Lunker Landers post $ Priceless
Old 07-23-08, 08:27 PM   #4
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Price of a berkley TEC Scale $49.95
price of lunkers new camera $4-5 hundred dollars

The freakin look on Wuzz Bings face when he sees Lunker Landers post $ Priceless

LMAO!!!

TexasBasser
Old 07-23-08, 08:52 PM   #5
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

way to go dane. sounds like you had a heck of a day. sorry bout the camera though. but hey, you were looking to upgrade anyway, right? by the way, what kind of rig were you working that gulp with?

and heres a camera that i think you'll like.
http://www.amazon.com/Leica-10-3MP-D...754616-9107942
Old 07-23-08, 09:41 PM   #6
Buzz Wing

Default Are ya' happy yet?

First let me say my son will be very mad at me for this. I'm his dad and this is my first post here. Many of you guys have the situation different than I see it. I do agree his obsession with rods and reels is extreme. I have been fishin' all my life and a ugly stick works just fine. How ever he thinks alot of combo's are what he needs. $375.00 for one to me is nutty! But 80% of his stuff I would say was purchased with his own $. Although I don't agree with it it is his $. The way many of you have painted him it's like he has unlimited funds... we only wish. Secondly, he has had to defend himself about truly going to AK. Your comments about "THE LODGE", again we wish. The 13 days he was luckey enough to go there consisted of 7 days with the WORLD CHANGERS youth group of which they rehab low income and elderly folks housing, the crew he was placed with put siding on 2 houses. After that week him and Bruce did get to fish while doing odd jobs at the church, staying at Pastor Copelands house, not the fancy lodge you liked it to be. And yeah' no camera went with him ( I regret). Bruce had his but you all know the pics. got deleted. In my view, if I was being gang-tackeled, I would rebut as he did, after all , his told nothing but the truth. I have been I lurker here a long time I guess, but it is his fishin' place to talk with you folks and I don't want to get in his space. I will also say I have talked to him about posting negative things to others, I don't read everthing he has posted, but I think most is 'nt? Many of you seem to think he was braggin' about his new equipment, PROUD OF IT, yes he was. As I said he spent his $ on it. Kind of like when someone gets a new car or truck, their PROUD OF IT too right? He helps me with my HVAC work in the summer and on weekends. He probably does make more $ than most 15 year olds, but I sure don't apologize for that. So if he wants to dump his $ on fishin' stuff ? You can try to make him out as a spoiled brat, that's your right, but he's my son and I'm DAMN PROUD of him...STG
Old 07-23-08, 09:47 PM   #7
Lunker Lander
BassFishin.Com Member

Look here Dad. He has been a problem for a long time now on these boards. We have tried to be nice to him many, many times, we have tried to help him along, but the frank truth of the matter is that your son is egging on people. This is a good board. People don't attack others for no good reason. He has, in the past 6 months become possibly the most hated poster I have ever seen on this board. For a 15 year old kid, that is pretty amazing to me because some people have tried to give him slack because of his age.

You need to persuade, no tell, your son to find another board.
Old 07-24-08, 08:14 AM   #8
Buzz Wing

Default I'm listening...

Maybe you can give me some examples of his egging-on? From my view, his one too many which rod to buy post started the gang-like attacks on him? He came to this site as others, to learn, and share fishin' info. Smart-butt, put-downs sure don't promote the site. If you don't like his posting, simply don't respond to it. Instead, you make-up a ( Lunker Lander ) title to hide behind, to add fuel to the fire. Show the board your real character, and the tasteless PM you sent me. We can go on and on with this crap, but it will do none of us a bit-of-good...STG
Old 07-24-08, 08:38 AM   #9
Jim80

I just stumbled through and started reading this and for 1 think this thread should be closed . Dane's dad he might work for the stuff he has but as far as i can tell the posting of the sort that have been mentioned wore on the nerves of a few people , it is one thing to be proud of your belongings and another to rub them into peoples faces nobody would have a problem with him if certain things like that stopped and i know through conversations with other members he has been asked privately to cut it out and the end result has been as you can see it now has spilled on to the boards itself .

Last edited by Jim80; 07-24-08 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-24-08, 09:14 AM   #10
Fishnngolfn

Here is my $0.02 from being an observer just over the past month or so of Buzz's posts and comments about equipment.

I am curious where a 16 year old gets $375 to spend on a rod and reel. I am assuming that most of "his" money comes from monetary gifts from family for birthday, Christmas, Easter, President's Day, Canada Day, etc. I had a job when I was 15 and it would have taken me all summer to save up that kind of money to buy something around $400. Some of my money had to be saved up to pay for my share of car insurance to be able to drive my father's car. Now from Buzz's posts, it seems that he doesn't have a job because he posts pictures and accounts of going fishing almost every day. It is very doubtful that Buzz has had to work for the bulk of "his" money.

I am happy for Buzz and his family to have enough money to take vacations to Alaska and buy all the fishing equipment he would ever need. But the way he acts makes me think that he is a spoiled child who hasn't had to work for what he has nor does he understand the value of a dollar. There are ways to talk to others without acting condescending or "uppity". Buzz, in my opinion, has not learned to do this. And because of his young age it comes across even worse. Some would even say that it is a reflection of how a parent has raised their child.

My father and mother have always had plenty of money to give their children anything we ever wanted but he didn't. He taught me the values of work and money. Because of this, everything that I have earned is that much more appreciated.
Old 07-24-08, 10:31 AM   #11
Lilmoosecountry

I would like to know where your parenting skills are. I had a couple of nice rods & reels as a kid. But both rigs did'nt cost over a 100.00 dollars. But both of those rods & reels i still own to this day. Why it was money. My father would not let me waste it either. That'z where you come in. You need to put bounderies on his spending habits. Anything over a certain dollar amount he needs to seak your permission. Why because you are his parent. I am a banker. The Economy sucks & it's not getting better. You as a father need to teach him to save & have good spending habits. Later down the road when hes spent all his money. Something might happen like going to work the next day & get laid off. The way he leads his life is your responsiblity in his up bringing.
Old 07-24-08, 11:11 AM   #12
Buzz Wing

Guys,

Coming from the real Buzz, I think we need to close this thread. Some of you don't even have the facts straight and still go on and on anyway. To tell the truth, I didn't even start this whole fiasco, the fake "Lunker Lander" did. If he wants to make a big stink about it, so be it. I made this thread to tell you about a good day I had fishing, not about my tackle, my life, or any other aspect of which you should be concerned. If you want to bring this up everytime, then tell me that it is my fault, you must be one hell of a hypocrite.

That's all I have to say.
Old 07-24-08, 11:14 AM   #13
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Wing View Post
Guys,

Coming from the real Buzz, I think we need to close this thread. Some of you don't even have the facts straight and still go on and on anyway. To tell the truth, I didn't even start this whole fiasco, the fake "Lunker Lander" did. If he wants to make a big stink about it, so be it. I made this thread to tell you about a good day I had fishing, not about my tackle, my life, or any other aspect of which you should be concerned. If you want to bring this up everytime, then tell me that it is my fault, you must be one hell of a hypocrite.

That's all I have to say.
Your still here?
Old 07-24-08, 11:39 AM   #14
Lunker Lander
BassFishin.Com Member

You are here to anger people. You even had to drop that you own a $50 scale. Who owns a $50 scale? What type of kid would pay $50 for a scale when he can buy the old spring ones for less than $10?

You accused me of being someone I'm not in that PM, and I got kinda mad. Obviously I'm not you, but I am going to continue to hound you until you leave this board. It really doesnt matter who I am. I only post when you post.

And that wasnt Dane's father who posted back there guys. No father of any worth would have been lurking on this board for any time letting their son act like such a fool. "Buzz's father" claimed to be a lurker and thats just not credible. If it was his father, then maybe he is to blame for all of this mess. Its not like this problem started yesterday. Everyone on this board, lurkers and posters alike have known that Buzz was an annoying brat who tried to get a rises out of people - his mythical father, if he knows who he is, would have seen the same as we had.

I will leave when you leave Buzz Wing. Now go away. I hate all the drama here, but at least people are finally figuring out that you live for this stuff. Maybe Kevin will act. You should go to bassresource.com's boards. Maybe they will be impressed with all the **** you claim to own.
Old 07-24-08, 11:47 AM   #15
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Your still here?

Old 07-24-08, 11:56 AM   #16
Wuzz Bing
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi, Guys I think your all just jealous. Now excuse me while I go by 300 st croix, allstar, and g-loomis rods.
Old 07-24-08, 12:02 PM   #17
doc

LOL, coming outta the woodworks.

JB I agree, im done with buzz.
Old 07-24-08, 12:06 PM   #18
Lunker Lander
BassFishin.Com Member

I agree with everyone. But we all know Buzz will try it again in a couple days.

I think we should simply sign our names to a post saying that we want Buzz Wing gone. Maybe Kevin will then ban him. Or, it we get enough names, maybe he will just see the writing on the wall and leave.

So if you want him gone, post "yes" below.
Old 07-24-08, 12:08 PM   #19
doc

yes.................
Old 07-24-08, 12:08 PM   #20
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

a resounding YES !!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-08, 12:11 PM   #21
Wuzz Bing
BassFishin.Com Member

I must say yes,

Has anyone seen all my tackle by the way?
Old 07-24-08, 12:19 PM   #22
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
rofl jb thats just to funny ...
and to all else i think the point has hit home it it kinda like beating a dead horse at this point with the exception of buzz we are all adults .
Old 07-24-08, 12:29 PM   #23
WTL

YES.

Please get this off the board. Please lets be done with this. Please lets get back to talking fishing, without Buzz Wing.
Old 07-24-08, 12:31 PM   #24
JB

but, he brings in the ratings wtl....sniff sniff...
Old 07-24-08, 12:35 PM   #25
WTL

Currently 7 active users viewing this thread....

Yes, but fishing is the reason we all are really here. And this board is actually, unlike some others, not a circus. I know I will be glad when he is officially gone and we can all make fun of roland martin's helicopter lure without being asked which rod should be bought to throw said lure.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.