Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-07, 02:03 AM   #26
Gator1_6
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes to support local tackle, If you ever need that special order they will try and get it for you as for wallmart will say sorry not a stock item.
Gator1_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 06:54 AM   #27
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnfool4evr View Post
If you think Wally World is getting bad try Gander Mountain, I went in looking for treble hook's, They don't even sell them by their selfs i could.nt believe it. Heck they did'nt have much of an option on anything really. So of course when i got back home i went to good old BPS, Never have a problem finding what i need there.
Our Gander Mountain has everything and the service is WAY better than BPS. The guys at BPS don't seem to fish. They have worse service than Wal-Mart. Have you ever been forced to get tackle at K-Mart or Target?
Wal-Mart has three full aisles of stuff. The one in Kenosha, WI has tons of trebles, in packages, by various manufacturers.
Old 03-22-07, 07:42 AM   #28
HuckFinn
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

Just my 2 cents:
As a lot of you know I work for Sports Authority in New Jersey. For the past year my fishing department has been down sized to almost nothing. Starting 2 weeks ago my department has been reset with new items and less floor space but more current items that anglers want. The items that I now carry are the best selling items nation wide. This was done for my company by a company called Maurice. This rep also deals with the Wal-Marts in my area. His company supplies the fishing items for them. He said wally world is doing the same thing SA is doing. True? Don’t know but one of the mangers in my store came over from the walmart in the mall and he said the same thing. Even tho he is working for SA he goes to wallworld for lunch with the manager. He says the same thing.
True? Don’t know
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-07, 03:32 PM   #29
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I personally go to Daves (K&J) in Jamestown,NC. They have much more than Wal-Mart and BPS (they sell spinnerbaits at BPS). It seems that BPS is trying to sell it's own products more every year. At Daves they have reasonable prices, and they can make the baits that you want while you wait. Personable service,wall to wall tackle.
Old 03-22-07, 07:17 PM   #30
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Call me patriotic or whatever but I try to buy products made in the U.S. if at all possible. I will pay more for a U.S. product to a certain point but not if the gap is wide. (see Smith and Wesson -vs- Taurus)

Second, I will try to buy from local merchants with the same philosophy. I will pay a little more but not a lot.

I have always had this method and probably always will.
Old 04-01-07, 01:58 AM   #31
jwallbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to jwallbassin

the walmarts from where im from seem to be gettin larger fishin sections, i dont know maybe its just the area
jwallbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-07, 05:11 PM   #32
BubbaLunk
BassFishin.Com Member

I got a Bass Pro Shop ten minutes from my house, I will go no other place.
BubbaLunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.