Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-09, 06:53 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default cell phone rant in process

why is it the more crap you have on a cell phone. the worst the reception and sound quality is??

i have had cell phones since the early years of the cell phone. the big old bag of wires you stowed in your car.. hand set was full size..the smallish old motorola-pre camera days-was about bullet proof..you could hear the person on the other end and tell who the hell it was..

now they put a camera on a phone niffy idea problem is most of the pictures it takes SUCK..then they add a video camera and web access.. wtf?? look if i wanted to up load the latest new fishing gaddet i'll turn on a lap top ok..

take the blackberry great idea WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP!!! ya could not tell if you were talkin to a man or woman.i had verizon on that one and lived at the time 1/4 of a mile from the tower and had 2 BARS at best- and i could SEE the tower..i have a razor now -cinglar- i get decent repection here. but out fishing,forget it..$159 phone that you can't get out on when your literly up a crick with out a paddle is not worth using imo..

belive it or not a $20 tracfone -from the dallor store- gets out almost every where on these lakes. i can tell who i am talkin to ,even catch the slightest accent.. this is quite important when i am talking to some one who speaks spanish..

i think they need to leave the crap out of the phones and make a dam phone that works.. i spoke to brother love recently and it sounded like he was standin next to a running chain saw-his phone-. i know i am 1/2 deaf from WAY to much loud music in the past..but how adding a better mic and speaker huh??

zooker
Old 02-03-09, 07:08 PM   #2
WTL

Lol, I knew I was responsible for this rant. And the thing is I was outside, trying to get a better signal.

I'm thinking of switchin back to my nokia "brick". That was a real phone.
Old 02-03-09, 07:16 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

by the way zooker, i didn't want to be rude but there was a lot of strange static sounds lastnight on your end of the phone when i talked to you.

nice chattin with ya anyways.
Old 02-03-09, 07:41 PM   #4
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Zooker man I hear ya, the wife and son (bandit) have the hi-dollar phones with all the bells and whistles and mine is the free one ya get when you sign a contract. Mine is beat all to hell, scratched up, and looks just terrible. But they've two or three new ones since I'v had this one. Simple is better sometimes.
Old 02-03-09, 08:24 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

i have the samsung rugby and i love it. it is tough as hell and best of all it's water proof which is great because i always had to leave my phone in the truck when i was fishing because i was scared i would drop it out of the boat or it would rain.
Old 02-03-09, 08:35 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Talk about the blackberry's suckyness. I've got a blackberry pearl, but only cause it was like ten bucks more than the Razr when I bought it w/ rebates and junk. Anyways, I'm very displeased. First, it won't ring loud enough for me to freakin hear it. I though maybe it was my ring tones, but I tried one that came on it, and nope, no louder. Second, the bottons get pressed and call people while its in my pocket! Never again will I buy an expensive phone. The one thing I do like about the black berry is internet access.

BB

By the way, the paint finish is like most high end reels I've used. It sucks. My mom doesn't trust me with it so we have an insurance plan, so needless to say, this phone gets the crap beat out of it.
Old 02-03-09, 08:46 PM   #7
MIbasser

Sorry guys, I like my new crackberry (Verizon). It works better than the last samsung that I used to have. I guess that I can't complain to much about it, it's free. Just no texting, oh well.

And BB, you should have a keyboard lock on your phone. It works great on mine.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 08:58 PM   #8
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
by the way zooker, i didn't want to be rude but there was a lot of strange static sounds lastnight on your end of the phone when i talked to you.

nice chattin with ya anyways.

c rig, I figure after years of calls with zooker and hearing all sorts of background noises, I've got it narrowed down to two
common reasons...
one common one is its his mom yellin at him to come to the dinner table

or

he's outside grilling and all that smoke got his critters in the barn shook up and come chargin'

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 10:04 PM   #9
bcklash

LMAO -- JB you ain't right
Old 02-03-09, 10:05 PM   #10
bamabassman

hahaha jb!!!! atta boy!!!!!
on the cell phone thing. i am gonna try to switch and go strictly cell phone. paying over 200 bucks for land line, internet, cable and cell phone is getting crazy!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 10:15 PM   #11
zooker

c-rig
actually i was in a basement working on tackle.. the interferance ya hear is from the exhaust fans blasting..

zooker
Old 02-03-09, 11:58 PM   #12
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I've got one of them .35 cent nokias. I have had it for 5 years now and it still works like a charm. I don't need an off button for it anymore because if it is jarred on the right side it will shut itself off. I do jar it every now and then just so I can feel like the Fonz when he used to hit that jukebox at Als. The thing has been dropped countless times. Lost in my strawberry patch for a couple days. Submerged in water 3 times (not for very long at all), chewed on by my kids, and to top it off my wife ran over it with a Nissan Maxima when i dropped it in the drive way. It don't have no camera or any of that crap. I have insurance but will keep it untill it finally quits. On a side note my wife got same phone at same time and hers lasted about 9 months. She is now on here second since that one. And I thought I was rough on em.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 12:32 AM   #13
1/4 stick

best cell phone I've ever had....

Old 02-04-09, 08:22 AM   #14
Stinkies Daddy

I have a razr and it is a great phone! i even have it blue toothed to my hearing aides, when i'm on the phone it cuts out all the back ground noise and all i hear is your voice in both ears
Old 02-04-09, 10:30 AM   #15
doc

cell phones are evil

Dont have one, dont want one. I dont want to be found most days
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 11:44 AM   #16
jmartin

Amen doc they are the devil, bring back the old bag phones. my last 3 phones have been a BIG piece of You know what!!!!!! btw I have had best luck with the free LGs Verizon gives with contract.

Dang them all (cell phone)

OH and another thing. Who owns Who these days? First Cell one buys CFW, then they are bought by Alltell wich by the way THEY SUCK, but now they are bought by Verizon AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Old 02-04-09, 09:08 PM   #17
flbassman

I'm right with ya zook. I'm rough on phones, so I buy cheapos off craigslist. My new razor does this trick where it makes a horrible buzzing noise that I think is giving me brain cancer.....
Old 02-07-09, 04:36 PM   #18
aikenyounggun

um i got one of those 20$ tracfones and i get reception at the places i dont need it like my school and "the valley" (the valley is where the boonies and the inberds live around us) , but i dont get it in my FREEKIN HOUSE!!!!!
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.