Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-09, 07:21 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default How to get a picture on a Thread?

How do i get a picture on a thread?? Please respond as quickly as possible. Does it need to be scaled down or what?
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 07:35 PM   #2
Captmikestarrett

First you need a web hosting company and then push out the DNS hosting name after purchasing it, and then FTP your adjusted pics to a folder in your website. Create a link and paste into your post.

Should take four to five days to set up and about 400 a year.

Or try snapfish.com for free...

Capt Mike
Old 02-08-09, 07:55 PM   #3
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

It's easy to do. 1st you need a picture hosting site. I use Photobucket.com, and it's free. You just upload your pictures to your album(s), then copy the image address. which is right under each picture. After you finish writing and proofing your post, click the Go Advanced button under the message box. Then click on the icon above your post message box that looks like a postage stamp. A pop up will appear with a a http highlighted. Delete it, then copy the address to the popup and click ok. the address will appear in your post where you wanted it. You will need to delete the 1st and last [IMG] as there are two at each end of the address. That's it. Just click post and your picture is in your post in the thread you replied to.
Old 02-08-09, 08:37 PM   #4
Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
How do i get a picture on a thread?? Please respond as quickly as possible. Does it need to be scaled down or what?
I use Photobucket. each photo has four addresses. Copy the one called "IMG Code--forums and bulletin boards." Just paste it into the message box and you're set to go. It will look like this before you submit. (I had to change the brackets to parentheses so it will show up instead of the picture).

(IMG)http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...673-1.jpg(/IMG)

I personally edit my photos so they have the long dimension between 400-550 pixels so they appear the size of the below photo, which proves that orange peels don't go to waste.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 08:43 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hmmm, I just open a new post. Then click on the paperclip. Then I browse my files for the pic I want, and double click on that pic. The pic then attaches to the post. I then type my message and then post it. The funny thing is though, if I type my message first and then try to attach a picture from my files, it won't work.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 08:52 PM   #6
JB

takin notes, now i'll be able to post some pictures! finally
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 09:01 PM   #7
rangerryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
takin notes, now i'll be able to post some pictures! finally

hahaha, hey how come we havnt seen any of your pics lately.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 09:06 PM   #8
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
hahaha, hey how come we havnt seen any of your pics lately.
Oh No You Didn't!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-09, 09:13 PM   #9
Earl Marshall

They are a tab at the bottom of the page when you are posting that say Manage Attachments click on that and you will be able to browes your pictures then just upload.
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 09:17 AM   #10
Bassboss

You click on this image Than add the link to the box that pops up, click ok, and that should add you pic! It dose not matter where you get the link, as long it's in full
Old 02-09-09, 10:03 AM   #11
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Oh No You Didn't!

~Mark

I"ve been putting some more time in them and putting new ones in my album here on bassfishin..
I did get CS3 and CS4 photoshop versions on my laptop this weekend
and trying them out..plus taking online tutorials on touching up models faces and eyes. I found some great tutorials on You Tube and have been upgrading my skills.
Old 02-09-09, 02:52 PM   #12
Stinkies Daddy

I love http://photobucket.com/ it's easy and it's free and very simple to use.
Follow the link to set up your account.

There are some things that you will wanna do after you register. The first thing you will wanna chance is the
size the photo being uploaded. P/B does this for you and here is how you set this option. When you are at the
my albums page you should see some boxes, the box on the right side of the screen will have 3 boxes in it that
say browse, ABOVE the browse boxes you should see max image (options) size click on that and it should take you
to a box with a list of differant sizes where you can change the size of your pictures being uploaded.
DON'T WORRY this will not effect the pictures on your computer 1 lil bit, they will remain the same size they
were before you uploaded them.The pics will only be changed on the P/B server Click on the circle that says
640X480 and hit save at the bottom of the page. now your size is set to about 99% of the forums in the world.

the second thing you will wanna do is make some albums. This is done in the box on the left side of the page.
Under your name you will see 2 boxes a little 1 on top and a lager 1 below that, that says albums, at the bottom
of this larger box you will see add a new album. you will pick a name for your new album and type it in thes box.
Repete this process til you have the desired amount of albums for your needs.

My albums are named

boats
fish
jackw/fish
katie
katiew/fish
fishtanks
misc
scenery

but you can name whatever what you like.

Now you have your account set up, your size is correct and you can upload directly to the album of your choice.
To do this open the album of your choice, click on browse, find your pic and dbl click on it. the box should
disappear and and you should see the file name next to the browse box, you should also see the option to name or
add a tag to this file in P/B, name the file, repete as many time as you need to!and hit upload.

Now it's time to post a pic. MINIMIZE P/B, but dont close it. Dbl click on notepad and it will pop right open. Now
reopen P/B. You should see all your pics and under each 1 you will see 4 file names, the 1 at the bottom is the
IMG code and this is the code you want. Left on the IMG code and it will turn blue, now right click on it, and select
copy. Now click on N/P and it should jump on top of every thing else open. paste the IMG code on to N/P, click on
P/B and it will jump to the top, pick another pic and repete this process.

TRUST ME THIS IS EASIER THAN GOING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN P/B AND THE FORUM

Once all the pics are on the N/P you can add a despription of each and even write out you post message.
Now copy everything on N/P and maxumize P/B and go to BGT and post just like you normally would, except that you are
gonna paste what you have copied off N/P in the big box. Hit submit and your done.
Old 02-09-09, 05:24 PM   #13
aikenyounggun

thanks for all the help... the pics are now working if you want to go look at them... i replied them
Old 02-10-09, 12:13 AM   #14
weezymagic

Send a message via AIM to weezymagic

how do you like cs4, i just got it and looooove it. just need a working key now...i only got 30 days
weezymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 07:16 AM   #15
JB

its about the same as version five and seven and cs3, just a few more extras that make life easier, other than than I like it and the prior versions. good luck to ya on using it

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.