Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-06, 07:29 PM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the weather is something else. 101 heat wave now a cold front with upper fifties. The fish are winding down the spawn and there are still fish spawning. This will carry over till May but not at a great extreme. The main lake will be good areas to find more spawning fish. The North end is in post spawn and the top water is the bait of choice. The frog is the right bait up there. I like to use the 6/0 hook on the frog for a better hook set. Weightless baits like Wave Tiki Sticks and Lake Fork Tackle Zig Zags or Ring fries will do you a good jog over the grass. Buzz baits and spinner baits when the wind is blowing and clouds will help. Top water Pop’r type baits are working but you have to let them sit. Don’t over work them. Lake Fork tackle Twitch worms fished wacky have been good early and all day.
There have been enough fish spawned out to start moving to summer patterns and they are hungry. Look at main lake points, humps, and roadbeds. Carolina rigs and Texas rigs will catch these fish. Big crank baits fished over the humps is a good big fish tactic.
I still have some days open if you want to book a trip call.
30 April
May 1-2-9-10-22-24-27-28-29 give me a call and we can set you a date
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.