Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-07, 02:04 PM   #1
garbydude
BassFishin.Com Member

Default loking for lures

I'm new to this forum thing!! So bear with me!!! Has anybody ever used a pommy special or palmmy special? Not sure of the spelling! Its like a sub-surface spinnerbait. Does anybody know where a guy can get some?
garbydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 05:05 PM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Garby,

I loked around!!!!! Then I looked around!!!!!! But I can't seem to place the lure you seek!!!!!!. Can you be more specific?????

Your new penpal!!!!

FlyRod!!!!
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-07, 10:44 PM   #3
garbydude
BassFishin.Com Member

it's a spinnerbait with a short (kinda straight) wire and a colorado blade. It has a short (about 2.5 inch) all steel leader tied on it. It goes just beneath the surface and leaves a bulge while going thru the water. kinda gurgles at times. probably really old, like from the 1980's!
Old 05-24-07, 12:34 AM   #4
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbydude View Post
probably really old, like from the 1980's!
Yep, that's a really old bait right there!!!! Man I wish I had one that old. Maybe if I found one I'd catch a fish on it. I'll let my 97 year old grandmother know about it. She may remember way back then and come up with a name for you.
Old 05-24-07, 02:10 AM   #5
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbydude View Post
...probably really old, like from the 1980's!
You won't be needing the lure. Why? Because I'm sending you off to a permanent dirt nap!
Old, indeed! Hrrrmph!

FlyRod
Loading his musket at this very moment.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 09:32 AM   #6
3dkicker

See, now you've gone and ticked off Gramps and he'll be in a mood all weekend. Better go out and get yourself a switch and meet him by the woodshed.

I believe you are looking for a spinnerbait....one with a short arm, Colorado blade, and a small leader attached. I don't believe that there is anything special about it. Any short armed spinnerbait will do. Find a short wire leader if you plan on catching pike/pickeral/bowfin etc.
Old 05-27-07, 09:07 PM   #7
garbydude
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Pomme Special (proper spelling)

My stepfather used to fish B.A.S.S. Federation tourneys and still has a few from the late 80's! It's not that old, guys!!!! Just thought someone might know if their still in production! Guess thats what I get for thinking!! Besides, I believe their a local thing anyway (central Illinois)!!!!
Old 05-28-07, 07:29 PM   #8
3dkicker

You might want to find someone who fished/fishes Pomme de Terre lake in Missouri. Seems to me that this is where it might have originated with the name you've given. Sounds like it was a muskie or pike bait and people also caught bass on it too.

Get a photo of one and post it. Does it have anything special about it??? If not then I'm sure one of the spinnerbait guys can reproduce it if you really want one or two.

And you'll get your chops busted every once in a while on this site....no big deal...just having a little fun at your expense.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.