Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-29-14, 11:02 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default My new rod.

For Christmas I received from my wife a new Denali Jadewood J2 casting rod. It's the 6'8" worm and jig rod. I had read about this rod and always was interested in trying out a Denali from what I had heard about them, but was a bit shy about ordering one as I had never actually seen or held one in person. But this particular rod was one I really wanted based on what I had read. And, with the warmer weather we had had as of late, the lake which were frozen over were now thawed out shore to shore, so I went fishing on Christmas for the first time in my life. So I rigged my new rod and took it for a test drive. Boy, I can tell you now, it was a risk worth taking. This just might be my favorite rod. It's priced at $99.00 and I have rods that cost more, but this rod is AMAZING for the price. The sensitivity in the blank is excellent. I couldn't get over the sense of feel I had holding this rod. I felt everything going on at the end of the line. Plenty of back bone for a jig rod, but enough flex to allow it to be used for many more applications. This is one of those rods that you could take out and use many different lures for different applications. It cast my hard and soft jerk baits a long ways, as well as lipless cranks, bladed jigs, crank baits, and spinner baits. It can't "do it all", but it will handle many situations with ease. It's VERY comfortable in the hands and the handle is just the right length to allow multiple uses. The build quality seems as good as any rod I have owned, better than most by far. The bladed swim jig I was using which I got from Bruce, felt like I was holding a vibrator in my hand. I am so very much looking forward to getting it out this spring and really giving it a work out. If your looking for a reasonably priced rod that can handle most situations with ease, I highly recommend this rod!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1423022.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	9088  
Old 12-30-14, 09:08 AM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

nice rod hope you get to bend plenty of times enjoy
Old 12-30-14, 10:33 AM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Congrats on the new stick. I haven't heard any negatives on the Denalis, those that use them speak well of them. It is amazing how current blank technology is producing rods in the $100 range that only a few years ago you would spend $200+ to get in your hands. I think the gap is closing, and the returns diminishing, between mid range and high end rods today. I am not knocking either, there is still a difference but I don't think it is as discernable as just a few years ago nor worth the additional expense. Those that know me also know which rods I use and they were once considered high end, but today I would not purchase them again (if they were still made) but would be looking to save considerable money on comparable quality. Really good affordable rods are much more available and that just makes for better fishing.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-14, 08:30 PM   #4
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

For some reason, I don't get the picture of the rod. Sounds like a good one, and I hope you get to test it against some monster bass.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 05:33 PM   #5
Dennis1022
BassFishin.Com Member

Congratulations on the new rod. My wife did like yours and said that you always done things for others and you done without. So She bought me 2@ 6'8" Abu Garcia Veritas but 2 pc. models. I have a 5' bed truck and Chevy Colorado crew cab, I need to buy for safety of the rods, she also bought 2 reels that would match them. I'm not boasting or trying to take away your wife purchase which is great and nice that our wives Loves us to buy something that takes time on the lake and not wife her. I guess they need their space as well.
Dennis1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-15, 08:32 PM   #6
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds good Dennis! I have a Veritas rod myself and love it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.