Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-08-05, 10:29 PM   #1
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass
Default Got the  Boat Loaded up

just put the boat on top of the jeep. ready to roll out tomorrow early morning, 3am and do some fishing until hurricane dennis tells me to go home. Will be running the topwaters as soon as I get there till they quit biting. Only using big lures tomorrow, ain't wasting time with the dinks. Will be taking the minnow trap as well as the baby blue gill should be in abundance now and easy to catch. 1-3" bluegill make PRIME bass bait. I'll let yall know how I did.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 11:10 PM   #2
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman
Default Re: Got the Â*Boat Loaded up

Rob, do hurricanes effect the bass bite? I hate to say it, but I think you folks in florida should be experts on hurrican patterns now...
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 11:46 PM   #3
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

after the hurricane blows the bass out of the water, it ain't biting no more. you should see the barometer change during a hurricane.
Old 07-09-05, 12:12 AM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

You be careful, Rob-if the weather gets bad get off the water-live to fish another day.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 09:12 AM   #5
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Hey rob the Hurricane bite is already on!!! Every topwater I had would bring me a bite!!! They would have bit a turd on a hook it was soo good!! But mine were all small 2 13"!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 10:17 PM   #6
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

caught 2 fish. we got some winds around 9 am, i'm suspecting outer bands from hurricane dennis. they didn't last too long, about 20-30 minutes before they died down.

CAUGHT A BIG ONE on the first cast, using a 8" crankbait, I threw it out there about 5 am. This is a big heavy crankbait so I'm sure the splash caught some attention. Let it sit on top of the water a few seconds after the landing, twitched it twice and waited another couple seconds hoping something would blow up on it. Nothing so I started reeling in. Felt a light tug and set the hook! Uggggg is the sound my arms made as I set the hook. It was like I was trying to pull a sack of rocks outta the water. Fish started running and took a leep. Didn't get a good look at the jump as it was dark. Got the fish all the way to the boat only to realize I didn't have a place to put him at the time. The boat is small and tips easy, had my tacklebox at my feet taking up all the floor space in front of me. Had the pole in one hand with the fish in the water next to the boat trying to clear a spot and the damn line broke. My heart sank. Being dark I didn't get a good look, but i'd say he was in the 6-10 pound range. Caught a 3 pounder a little later in the morning using the Rick Clunn Orion Crankbait. Threw it out there, same technique as before, let it sit a couple seconds, twitched the bait, and BOOM, 3 pounder exploded on it right before I started reeling in, but since I was anticipating reeling in, I was already in a position to set the hook and start the fight. Used crankbaits and topwaters most of the day and only had luck with the crankbaits as they sat on top of the water. The buzzbaits drew some strikes as always, but nothing hooked up. Stopped by walmart and picked up the lure I lost the big one on, actually picked up 2, and a 3rd one in a different color/pattern. Had good luck with it the last couple days.
Old 07-09-05, 10:46 PM   #7
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

hey good luck and dont get caught up in the storm.
Old 07-09-05, 10:50 PM   #8
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

as a matter of fact, I'm back from fishing and the storm is rolling through as I type. Nothing but lotsa rain, lightning, and light (20-30 mph) winds
Old 07-09-05, 10:52 PM   #9
coolman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to coolman

Tell me about it rod the wind hasnt stopped all day and just about ruined every cast lost lots of lures today to weeds, trees, etc. cause of the wind blowing them everywhere! Had whitecaps on the lake earlier and proabably worse now! We just got our second band like 20 minutes ago got the first one about 10:00 this morning! Hope to go tom. if it isnt raining!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 10:59 PM   #10
hook1
BassFishin.Com Member

i think rodman rob is full of it
hahahahhaha
hook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-05, 11:53 PM   #11
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl

Yankees, ah? Real sweet name there? I'm thanking the lord that your sharp enough to make up such an awsome "bass fishing forum" name!? Oh and thanks for laughing at one of the regulars,nice real nice.So classy of you.

flippin4it

P.S. these words came from a Texas Rangers fan that has respect for others.
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 07:23 AM   #12
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=yankees_r_gay link=board=news;num=1120872571;start=0#9 date=07/10/05 at 21:59:39]i think rodman rob is full of it
hahahahhaha[/quote]

I can see why you would think that cause its just so hard to land one fish and lose another. Don't be jealous cause you can't even figure out the bluegill bite.
Old 07-11-05, 11:07 AM   #13
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

a boat that fits ontop of a jeep? sounds kinda dangerous to me
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 12:59 PM   #14
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

its a jeep cherokee, but it ain't a big boat 9 foot long, about 2 feet wide, goes just 'bout anywhere.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.