Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 11-15-07, 10:24 PM   #1
RetiredandFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Used Ranger

Guys
This is my first post with this group. Recently retired and I've been reading, reading and reading. All have been good posts and very informative. Just picked up a 2002 Ranger 362V bass boat with a 150 Mercury. Cant seem to find any instruction or manual on this boat on the internet. I got this from the wife of a neighbor that passed away several months ago and she couldnt find any manual for it although the manual for the motor was in the glove box.
Does anyone know where I can pick a manual up? I've had it out on the lake several times and getting used to it but there is a lot I still dont know.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

RetiredandFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:38 PM   #2
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Wow RAF, very nice boat! Same thing I'm looking at starting out with after I complete high school and college. Sorry, I can't help you with a manual, but I would suggest searching the web for Ranger dealers and call them. If not, ask around, many people probably have an old manual because they have switched boats a time or another.

-ll
Old 11-16-07, 04:08 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

that is a good looking boat but it doesn't look like a 02 to me. as for the manual if you contact ranger they surely can fix you up.
Old 11-16-07, 12:08 PM   #4
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Yeah, I am kinda leaning with c-rig, maybe like a late 80's to mid 90's. Definintly not an 02 though. Ask Zooker for a true answer.

-ll
Old 11-16-07, 12:39 PM   #5
foolishone
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Ranger will know

Just send Ranger boats an email with the serial # and they will tell you. The 300 series are great boats. Stable and easy to fish out of, built like tanks and a very safe dry ride. I had the 19 foot version (392), loved it.
foolishone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 01:26 PM   #6
RetiredandFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, I made my first screwup on the forum.....the boat is actually a 1992 and not a 2002. Its a senior thing, ya know. I had the number 2 in my head but forget to engage my brain for the first 3 numbers.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-16-07, 02:22 PM   #7
foolishone
BassFishin.Com Member

Default It's a classic !!

'92 or so was what I thought when I saw it. Old school Ranger looks, looks pretty clean, no wood in the transomor anywhere else, that 150 is a solid motor, not the fastest sled but who cares. Enjoy !!
Old 11-16-07, 05:27 PM   #8
zooker

i was going to say early 90's -the windsheilds are a dead give away- as for a manual which one are you wanting moter or boat??

onefastrockwacker eeer..1fastlaser should have a couple for the moter.. the boat set up is ballpark simple really.it was built back when k.i.s.s. was still belived in the marine industry...

zooker
Old 11-16-07, 09:37 PM   #9
1FASTLASER

Hello RetiredandFishin..............grrrrrr VERY JEALOUS LOL. Anyways what ya needin as far as knowledge fer the boat bud. I am sure I can dig up some stuff for ya. Also ifn ya have any questions that need to be answered ask away bud.
Old 11-16-07, 10:47 PM   #10
RetiredandFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for all the info, guys and thanks 1FASTLASER, I sure will call on you when I need some help. I took FOOLISHONE's advice and emailed Ranger boat company and they gave me a dealer to get in contact with to get one. I did find out that I have a 20 gallon gas tank on each side. Probably close to $120 to fill'er up. OUCH!! I paid $5500 for this boat and had to think about for about 10 days but knowing the guy that had it I knew it was in good shape.
The first time I had it in the water, I got it up to 40 mph and it seemed like we were going 100 but I guess after I get used to handling it I can push it further. It will run like a bat out of heck.
Whats really nice is driving by the lake on the weekends and seeing the boat ramps full and the lake full of boats knowing that I can go out anytime during the week and have the lake pretty much to myself. I guess thats what retirement is all about.
Thanks again for all the help.
Old 11-18-07, 07:24 PM   #11
Captmikestarrett

Default Gas ????

Do not feel bad as my Gambler has a 75 gallon tank and 200 hp siphon to remove it..

Gas is a major issue these days. Imagine an offshore charter using 200 gallons of diesel a day.. No wonder a Hatteress cost 2400 a day to charter..

Capt Mike
Old 11-19-07, 07:11 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

That particular model Ranger is one of the ones that holds its value so well. Also I might add is one of the Rangers that I would own. the 300 series where actually one of the Fastest Ranger hulls out there is you take the time to do some setup on the rig and of course the Merc just really complements the package. They also are a boat that can take to rough water and bring ya home safely. Those particular models where actually the last of the REAL RANGERS and not this crap that Genmar or Forrests boys decided to try and sell as a Real Ranger.

Last edited by 1FASTLASER; 11-19-07 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 09:45 AM   #13
foolishone
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Gas

I don't know, that motor should get pretty good gas yardage !! 40 mph ? Don't be shy, unless the set-up is horribly screwed up, you can let her rip. The boat should be very easy to handle right up to top speed, low to mid 60's I'm guessing. My 392 had a 200 carb'ed Johnson and 2 25 gal tanks. I swear you couldn't stand in the back with a bucket and throw the gas out any faster.

$5500 is a great price. Good on ya.

Chuck
Old 11-22-07, 08:13 AM   #14
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishone View Post
I swear you couldn't stand in the back with a bucket and throw the gas out any faster.

Chuck
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Aint never heard it put that way. LMAO still. I definately will have to remeber this quote. I really neededd this good laugh
Old 11-25-07, 12:57 PM   #15
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have owned a few different boats and have found boat manufactures to be totally different than any other thing made,it has been my pleasant experience to go to any website (manufacture) re:laser when in business,NorrisCraft, Allison.they will have a phone # listed ,Ihave called them all I have owned and they have treated me as if I was family , answered any Questions sent me parts ect ....Try it .I took my NorrisCraft the day I bought it to the factory and the worked on it ,checked it all over like it was new .
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 06:50 AM   #16
1FASTLASER

AHHHH I See you used to own a Laser did ya. What model and what was pushin here. Gotta know bud. I am a Laser freak. 48 yr old Laser freak and getting worse every year. I am still contemplating on doing another rebuild after I get through with my present one. I know where there is a 18' LTV thats just begging for a 225PM or XS
Old 11-26-07, 07:52 AM   #17
boater

It was a 1710 LTV 150 XR2 tricked out

but NO comparison to the RUSH of an Allison
Old 11-27-07, 07:15 AM   #18
1FASTLASER

I always like looking at the Laser's. The more I dig around the more I find hiding in places that I wouldnt have thought. Did ya ever notice how many of the Laser's used that particular red in there boats. Just over the past month or so I have found 5 that had that red and mine is one of them. On your's did ya have alot of work done to the motor???? What kinda numbers where ya getting with her????
Old 11-27-07, 08:25 AM   #19
boater

Bob Cottman built my block , not sure what he did nose cone and exhaust relieved fuel block machined oil injection removed holley red electric fuel pump187:1 offshore lower unit ran mid 70s 150 xr2
Old 12-31-07, 09:26 AM   #20
RetiredandFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishone View Post
I don't know, that motor should get pretty good gas yardage !! 40 mph ? Don't be shy, unless the set-up is horribly screwed up, you can let her rip. The boat should be very easy to handle right up to top speed, low to mid 60's I'm guessing. My 392 had a 200 carb'ed Johnson and 2 25 gal tanks. I swear you couldn't stand in the back with a bucket and throw the gas out any faster.

$5500 is a great price. Good on ya.

Chuck
foolishone......yep, finally got the guts to get it up to 60 last week so all is going real good. I have spent time on the lake getting used to the boat and the fish finder. Bought a H20c GPS so I'm working on getting that down to pat. Now all I have to do is catch some fish if this crappy weather will co-operate a little.
Thanks for all the info, guys. I did call Ranger company and got a wiring book and a book for the motor came with the boat so I'm set.

Last edited by RetiredandFishin; 12-31-07 at 09:27 AM. Reason: adding picture
Old 12-31-07, 01:43 PM   #21
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandFishin View Post
Guys
This is my first post with this group. Recently retired and I've been reading, reading and reading. All have been good posts and very informative. Just picked up a 2002 Ranger 362V bass boat with a 150 Mercury. Cant seem to find any instruction or manual on this boat on the internet. I got this from the wife of a neighbor that passed away several months ago and she couldnt find any manual for it although the manual for the motor was in the glove box.
Does anyone know where I can pick a manual up? I've had it out on the lake several times and getting used to it but there is a lot I still dont know.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

Go here. They can help if anyone can, besides Ranger (Genmar), of course.
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=42

A entire forum devoted to Ranger boats. There're also seperate forums for each brand of motor.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 10:15 AM   #22
bamabassman

man..... some people get all the luck on finding boats. lol. boater if you ever want to sell it. i would give you your money back you paid for it. that is the boat i want. i am sorry bout the womans loss. but you got the boat that i wanted and couldn't find. at least for what you paid for it. here they are much higher than that. so remember me when you decide you want to trade out or get another boat. great looking boat. and i love the colors. roll tide , lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 11:27 AM   #23
RetiredandFishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
man..... some people get all the luck on finding boats. lol. boater if you ever want to sell it. i would give you your money back you paid for it. that is the boat i want. i am sorry bout the womans loss. but you got the boat that i wanted and couldn't find. at least for what you paid for it. here they are much higher than that. so remember me when you decide you want to trade out or get another boat. great looking boat. and i love the colors. roll tide , lol.
thanks, bama, I did get lucky on this one. just gotta be patient and you'll find one. this weather is killing me.......keeping me from getting out on the lake but its like the old lady said.........be patient cause you'll have 9 months of fishing in about 3-4 weeks.
Old 02-03-08, 12:34 PM   #24
bamabassman

well if you ever get this way and wanna trade boats. i'll trade ya. better yet come over and we'll fish guntersville anyway. we'll take your boat or mine.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.