Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-09, 09:16 AM   #51
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

You guys were not happy with this ccbass fella, huh? I was surprised to see you vets come down so hard on him. I guess I can't blame you, the guy seemed a tad arrogant with the "for the young posters" line and then managed to make make no sense whatsoever, especially in his first posting.

Next time I go to that clear, dark, green lake I'm gonna' throw my flat-colored bluegill crankbaits (or was it the other way around?). Clearly, obscurity clarifies the confusion.
Old 08-28-09, 10:21 AM   #52
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr. View Post
Clearly, obscurity clarifies the confusion.
Don't forget obfuscation!!

I found that whole thread hilarious, being the debater I am. I love language, and I am always fighting to preserve ours. Believe me it is beset on all sides by the lackadaisical at best, and the deliberate at worst.

To satirize the original thread:

I will from now on say that dark means light, and light means dark. I will even encourage beginners to take part in my redefinition of the terms. If you guys don't like that, obviously you are not smart enough to understand my rationale. It isn't that you just disagree with it; it's that you're not smart enough...yeah, that's it. I mean, there's no logical reason why things light doesn't reach are called "dark", and things that are well-lit are called "light". Let's all tear down this artificial construct of English language!!!

Enough already?

Last edited by nofearengineer; 08-28-09 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typos....
Old 08-28-09, 03:25 PM   #53
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
me???

don't drag me into your gutter..

zooker
Moi? You jumped right in with me! BTW....in case we ever make it out of here, next time, untie the rope ladder so it falls down in and we can make it back out
Old 08-28-09, 03:27 PM   #54
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Every now and then....check that...quite often - I regret things that I post here that might push some line or boundary.

I'm not sure if I think the "harbls" picture is worth regretting or not. On one hand, it is very topical given the nature of the discussion up until that point. And it was funny. Bawdy and disgusting, but funny.

On the other hand, its also pretty sick.
The fact that you're unsure = great reason for regret.
Old 08-28-09, 03:30 PM   #55
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Krueger, Jr. View Post
You guys were not happy with this ccbass fella, huh? I was surprised to see you vets come down so hard on him. I guess I can't blame you, the guy seemed a tad arrogant with the "for the young posters" line and then managed to make make no sense whatsoever, especially in his first posting.

Next time I go to that clear, dark, green lake I'm gonna' throw my flat-colored bluegill crankbaits (or was it the other way around?). Clearly, obscurity clarifies the confusion.
Myself, and not that I'm one of the vets, I'm a newbie, have never really dealt with ccbass before. Other than the time one of my favorite posters told me he was gonna hang someone from the tallest tree and directed me to a thread.

All I know is, if my "source" says he's a dewtchbag, then so be it. Until said dewtchbag proves him wrong.
Old 01-30-10, 10:04 PM   #56
BlueDaksi
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I just told nofearengineer in a pm that I had decided NOT to comment on this confusing thread because I thought that "You can't fix that kind of broke." However, being the sucker for a challenge that I am, I can't resist. I'm ignoring all previous posts on this thread and am only posting to assist the innocent bystanders like myself who are now thoroughly confused...

I believe that there are two main issues being confused here, water clarity, and light conditions. Forget about color reflecting off the surface of the water because it really doesn't really matter that much (although lure color does). I'm also not going to discuss much what these issues mean from the perspective of a bass just to keep it simple, but will refer to a great article for further reading.

Clarity is the distance that you can see into the water. Clarity is affected by dissolved substances or suspended solids (turbidity) that reduce the distance you can see an object in the water. You can measure this with a secchi disk, but most of us fishermen don't often carry one around with us all of the time, so we go by rule of thumb. A good rule of thumb, from the least amount of clarity to most is muddy, dingy, stained, clear, and gin-clear.

Light conditions are something else, although their effects can be related (I'll explain in a moment). Light condition is how much light there is at a particular location, from brightest to... ...darkest (yup, I said it...), from direct sunlight, to shade and the dark conditions that you find early morning or late evening (and night...).

The interaction of water clarity and light conditions can have an impact on fishing. For example, clear water in sunny conditions is going to require a different approach than clear water in shaded conditions. Most of us given the choice between these two conditions are probably going to target the shady spots when the sun is out on clear water...

However, you might think that in low water clarity conditions, let's say muddy water, that light wouldn't matter. This answer depends to some degree on what is making the water turbid, but sometimes these conditions can be horrible for fishing because if light is able to penetrate into the water (even if you can't see through it light can still penetrate into it...), it can make for some very uncomfortable conditions for fish. Consider driving in fog or hazy conditions. If there is cloud cover, you can't see that far ahead of you so you have to slow down a bit. However, if there is bright light mixed in with the fog and haze, it can be downright painful to see in those conditions. It's the same for bass except they don't drive and they are under water...

So, now that you all probably think I'm nuts, here's a link to a useful article related to this topic - http://www.bassresource.com/beginner...selection.html

Last edited by BlueDaksi; 01-30-10 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-30-10, 10:12 PM   #57
nofearengineer

Oh god, you done did it now.
Old 01-30-10, 10:38 PM   #58
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Oh no he didn't
Old 01-30-10, 11:56 PM   #59
BeaverIslander
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Wow. This one needs to go away.
Old 01-31-10, 12:52 AM   #60
bamabassman

Blue..........things like this needs to stay gone pal. Like GONE. Hahahahaha. Nice read though for real.
Old 01-31-10, 02:21 AM   #61
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I don't know about you, but I am just glad that this resurfaced. I was laughing so hard my wife told me to shut up, she is trying to sleep. Still chuckling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

Just thought I would try to post something in this thread of value, since, as of yet...not so much.
Old 01-31-10, 05:24 PM   #62
MississippiBoy

What should be done to this thread.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.