Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 08-03-12, 06:37 PM   #176
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bryce, How smart are you?
Old 08-03-12, 06:39 PM   #177
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Coming through loud and clear here....
You can see the pic on post #170?
Old 08-03-12, 06:40 PM   #178
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
You can see the pic on post #170?
Yup. N_GGERS!!
Old 08-03-12, 06:40 PM   #179
Jrob78

Weird, it's gone on my end.
Old 08-03-12, 06:48 PM   #180
nobass

the debate and arguing dose not bother me. you al bring up good points, i am not infromed enough to enter. i just liked joedog post. and thought i would comment on that. the answers given are your opinions . you may or may not agree with the other persons. or even change your or there minds it is when the small minded post offensive words and name calling i do not like. have learned a lot of good facts from both sides. did it change my view not yet but has me thinking .
Old 08-03-12, 06:55 PM   #181
nofearengineer

Vegas, you have to be faster if you're going to be a craven coward.

In case anyone is wondering, Vegas just posted this and then deleted it. I guess he remembers the shatstorm he caused the last time he felt cornered and posted some outlandish comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
I guess you will deny this one later on.
He was referring to my "N_GGERS" comment above.

He then went back to his tried and true "stay classy" gameplan, posting this picture.

Vegas, you are truly delusional. Are you even aware of the context of my comment? Can you not see Jrob's picture from South Park? Have you even seen South Park?

The word was "NAGGERS", and you are obviously a R_TARD.

By the way, if you think pictures of dead birds somehow hurt my feelings, you're wrong. I've been de-sensitized from all of the chicken sammiches I've been wolfing down at Chick-Fil-A.

Last edited by nofearengineer; 08-03-12 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Ensuring Vegasspider's awesome debate skills aren't lost to the ether.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 07:26 PM   #182
bassboogieman

Those Chick-Fil-A sandwiches sure are good. I drove 30 miles (round trip, uphill, both ways in a driving rain storm) to get a bag of them today. Still have a couple left, lunch tomorrow is taken care of. If I had only know this was going to happen, I'd have invested in chicken futures.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 08-03-12 at 07:46 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 07:57 PM   #183
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Those Chick-Fil-A sandwiches sure are good. I drove 30 miles (round trip, uphill, both ways in a driving rain storm) to get a bag of them today. Still have a couple left, lunch tomorrow is taken care of. If I had only know this was going to happen, I'd have invested in chicken futures.
Sadly Bruce...so many good Americans have taken up the flag, chickens don't have very good futures right now.
Old 08-03-12, 09:31 PM   #184
TN_Bassin

Wow I know I've been away for a while, but I've been skimming through what I missed and in the last 3 weeks there has been no less than 3 brown paper bag type threads floating around...
Old 08-04-12, 03:01 PM   #185
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Southpark?

Trouble with who you? Sorry that is not keeping me up at night. Does your mom/wife know your using the computer again? I see they always allow you time to put forth your racist crap. I would rather be known for posting a picture over a dead bird than the crap you post. Don't be so self serving to think I give a **** what others have to say about what I post.

Quote:
Vegas, you have to be faster if you're going to be a craven coward.

In case anyone is wondering, Vegas just posted this and then deleted it. I guess he remembers the shatstorm he caused the last time he felt cornered and posted some outlandish comments.

He was referring to my "N_GGERS" comment above.

He then went back to his tried and true "stay classy" gameplan, posting this picture.

Vegas, you are truly delusional. Are you even aware of the context of my comment? Can you not see Jrob's picture from South Park? Have you even seen South Park?

The word was "NAGGERS", and you are obviously a R_TARD.

By the way, if you think pictures of dead birds somehow hurt my feelings, you're wrong. I've been de-sensitized from all of the chicken sammiches I've been wolfing down at Chick-Fil-A.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 04:30 PM   #186
WTL

For someone just glancing at this thread, and who is not up on south park references, they might see the word n_ggers and think that you just used the N word. And whether or not the _ stands for an A or not, you have just created a bad impression.

Who could blame them?

I have a rebel flag at home, I havent flown it in a while. Why? Cause its a lot of trouble to explain that I dont interpret it in a racist way, that I am not a racist, ect...and to take the time to explain all that, you still end up at the end of the day with the other person not knowing if you are a racist and lying about what you meant or not.

I guess what I am saying is that for every joke I have ever made that got anywhere near the subject of race, I regret it. Yea, joking about race is a low hanging fruit, as Chappelle learned its easy to be funny when the subject is race relations. Chappelle also learned it is easy to put yourself in a longlasting corner, and perhaps take the discussion backwards a step.

(not trying to lecture you Bryce, you do as you wish, but I regret once pushing the envelope and I am sharing what I have found)
Old 08-04-12, 04:48 PM   #187
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
For someone just glancing at this thread, and who is not up on south park references, they might see the word n_ggers and think that you just used the N word. And whether or not the _ stands for an A or not, you have just created a bad impression.

Who could blame them?

I have a rebel flag at home, I havent flown it in a while. Why? Cause its a lot of trouble to explain that I dont interpret it in a racist way, that I am not a racist, ect...and to take the time to explain all that, you still end up at the end of the day with the other person not knowing if you are a racist and lying about what you meant or not.

I guess what I am saying is that for every joke I have ever made that got anywhere near the subject of race, I regret it. Yea, joking about race is a low hanging fruit, as Chappelle learned its easy to be funny when the subject is race relations. Chappelle also learned it is easy to put yourself in a longlasting corner, and perhaps take the discussion backwards a step.

(not trying to lecture you Bryce, you do as you wish, but I regret once pushing the envelope and I am sharing what I have found)
That was actually my fault. I posted a picture of the Wheel of Fortune scene from South Park. It was up for about 5 minutes and then it was gone. That's why I kept asking if it was there, I was going to take it down. Bryce did repeat it but I posted it initially and quickly regretted it.

I realize it makes little difference but I thought I would add some context to why NFE said what he did. It wasn't racially motivated at all, just in bad taste on my part.
Old 08-04-12, 04:50 PM   #188
nofearengineer

What I want to know, Billy...is why your post wasn't directed at Jrob. I merely acknowledged that I could indeed see the picture (see his post asking me), with a description of what what in it as a confirmation. The underscore was more literal than any attempt at cleverly disguising racist content.

Attaching responsibility for others' perceptions to the object of their perceptions is a dangerous thing.

I am simply unwilling to walk on eggshells to assuage VS's ignorance of one of the top television shows of all time.

***EDIT***I see your comment posted at the same time, Jrob. Thank you for attempting to clear that up. There was no malice intended in my earlier post either.
Old 08-04-12, 04:56 PM   #189
Jrob78

No worries, my picture being deleted by mods sort of hung you out to dry as there was no reference point for why you said what you did. It's all good.
Old 08-04-12, 04:59 PM   #190
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
No worries, my picture being deleted by mods sort of hung you out to dry as there was no reference point for why you said what you did. It's all good.

HAHA, it was a weird sort of reversal of what VS did.
Old 08-04-12, 05:04 PM   #191
Jrob78

Quote:
HAHA, it was a weird sort of reversal of what VS did.

Hahaha, it really is. He posted another odd thing in Bcklash's Dalmatian thread this morning that he quickly deleted. I don't think he is Z571 but perhaps, umm....associated with him in another way.
Old 08-04-12, 05:21 PM   #192
WTL

Nofear, I am not just directing it at you then, I didnt see Jrob's picture.

What I am saying is not everyone reads these threads that closely, in fact, I'm not reading this thread that closely. I saw your post repeating the word. And if I didn't know you, I might come away with a bad impression.

Sometimes it may be a mistake in this world to think that people are going to give you %100 of their attention, so that something you say isn't plucked out of context.
Old 08-04-12, 05:26 PM   #193
WTL

OK, I want to be clear again I don't think any of this is racially motivated. I am just saying be careful getting close to race, its not worth it. We havent moved that far as a society from being racist in the past to a time where someone can have fun with the past. I wish we would move on to an era where there are no curse words, no history that you cant poke fun at without a presumption that you are a racist, but I no longer think we can push for such a quick change in cultural norms.

If we just drop race as a topic of jokes, maybe it will help us get to that colorblind utopia more quickly. I don't think we are far off, but that last little bit of work to do is gonna take some time. Until then, what can we do to ease tensions?
Old 08-04-12, 05:45 PM   #194
nofearengineer

To return to the original topic (somewhat)...

I did have a gay interior designer (his self-desription, not my inference) on Facebook threaten to "put a bullet in my head" yesterday if he ever heard me talk approvingly of Chick-Fil-A to his face.

Yeah...I'm definitely on the side of hate.
Old 08-04-12, 11:54 PM   #195
bassboogieman

Quote:
I find that a shame, that you do not fly it due to other's misconceptions of why you may do it. That's their problem if they don't understand all the Stars & Bars stands for. Sad, that many in society knuckle under rather than stand up for what they are doing - because it's just too much trouble to put up with the backlash. Wasn't it Alabama the flew it over the state Capitol until just a few years ago, due to the same issues?

Quote:
I did have a gay interior designer (his self-desription, not my inference) on Facebook threaten to "put a bullet in my head" yesterday if he ever heard me talk approvingly of Chick-Fil-A to his face.
Hunt him down and call his bluff man, the limp-wristed twit probably could not hold a gun steady enough to hit even a bear of a man like YOURSELF. Actually that is "terrostic threat" territory and you should bust his balls, if he even has a set.
Old 08-05-12, 12:10 AM   #196
nofearengineer

Just to be a jerk here:

Please remember that the "Stars and Bars" is actually this:

What most people (incorrectly) refer to as the "Stars and Bars" is actually the Navy Jack of the Confederacy:

The "Battle Flag" of the Confederacy is a square version of the Navy Jack.
This is just something that sort of bothers me when people try to say the Battle Flag is racist. The Battle Flag simply represents the army, and their sacrifice.

I mention this, because it segues back into "it's offensive because they say it offends them". It's not my fault they don't understand the difference between the flags. I bet if I put a real "Stars and Bars" flag (the true symbol of government-sanctioned slavery) on my big redneck pickup truck, nobody would give a crap. Stupid.
Old 08-05-12, 12:19 AM   #197
WTL

I'm not posting this as a joke or to take it lightly.

That is a swastika. It is known as a symbol of hate, and for good reason. It was employed by a country that was as vile and racist as perhaps any other in the history of the world.

Now, I like other cultures. I have a scottish flag. I'm not a scot. I have badges on the front of my truck from bavaria and austria, I have never been there, but they look kinda cool. I have worn shirts advertising sports teams in areas I have never visited.

What if I wore a swastika, but in my heart thought it was for the reason of exposing people to indian culture? It was after all an indian symbol before hitler stole it.

Well, it would be a fools move. That is just the way it is. Yea, I could scream till I am blue in the fact that I was wearing it to honor indian tradition, that I did not support the NAZI's appropriation of this symbol, even that I thought that appropriation was wrong and wanted to do my little part to try and give the swastika its original, non-hatefilled airing.

Well, a guy sees me walking down the street wearing that swastika. What does he do?
1. He sucker punches me
2. He engages me in a productive discussion where I inform him that it is an indian symbol
a. he believes that I am sincere, and comes away with a new appreciation for indian culture
b. he believes I am full of ****, and trying to get out of being sucker punched by falling back on the claim that it is heritage, not hate
3. He runs like hell, thinking that I am not wanting to talk, but hang him from a tree.

Now, out of all those options, 1 is good. The guy could come away with a new appreciation of some culture. That is by far, the least likely scenario. It also has almost negligible positive impact, after all, does rehabilitating the swastika do any substantive good? Does the symbol have feelings? No. Its just a design.
The other options are all overwhelmingly bad. They just poison the well even further. And what we need right now is detente. Not me and my quixotic arguments.

The fact of the matter is the well is too poisoned with **** right now to fight this fight, to expect people to all want to know what you are thinking and discuss it with you in a rational manner. Therefore, it is only rational on my part to stay away from racial humor, even though I think others who practice it might not be racist, or confederate flags, even though I know for a huge number of people it is heritage and not hate.

Last edited by WTL; 08-05-12 at 12:30 AM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 12:36 AM   #198
nofearengineer

Well, I certainly wasn't insisting, or even encouraging you to fly your flag.
True, if one's aim is to avoid conflict, that's the way to go. There are definitely bigger fish to fry.

My post was merely informative. I just think we should know the truth, even if the masses choose to ignore it out of some misguided desire for political correctness. It's hard, because there are so many lies out there.
Old 08-05-12, 01:34 PM   #199
bassboogieman

Stars & Bars - googled you get several different flags. Most of us illiterate northern bumpkins think of the "battle flag" as the S&B when it's mentioned, so I figured, in context I could get away with it. Should have known better, with some of the know-it-all smart arses lurking in the wings (or rather corridors as wings are something birds have, or bats, or planes) that can't wait to show how intelligent they are.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.