Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-13-05, 08:42 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default IM CURED!!!!!!!

today i finally went fishing. i went on the little wekiva river. i didnt think i would do so well considering that its not very big at all but i was wrong. i ventured out into the woods to try to find an area not fished much and tryed to find some deep spots. this river is crystal clear. so i find a beachy area and to my left is a fallen tree in the water with vegitation around it and is pretty deep. and then in front of me is about a 30 foot long or so shallow straight part. then to my right is a bend and pretty deep around the outside curve and has some timber in it. so i take a jig with no skirt and put a brush hog type bait on there. i cast it to my right by the deep area with timber and let it sit. as i start to retrieve it 4 bass from what it looked liked ranged from 1-3lbs come out to get it. then on hits and i reel it in. its about 2lbs. im using a 5'6'' pole because i dont have alot of poles right now and reeling that bass in was some fun. then i cast out a little 4'' lizard and end up catching a little sunfish. with the same bait i catch a under a lb bass. that was all that i caught but its not wat i caught that made the day it was wat i saw. i was walking the bank and i looked down and two bass and one looked like it was 5lbs!!!! i spent a while trying to catch it but it was in the afternoon and i think it was spawning. it was with another bass that wasnt as big. i look forward to fishing this area again in 2 weeks. if there is a bass spawning what is a good bait to trigger a strike from it ??? remember im strictly catch and release.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 08:46 PM   #2
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default Re: IM CURED!!!!!!!

junebug lizards are awesome
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 09:02 PM   #3
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Tubes and lizards are probably the two best lures. You have to be patient when fishing for a bass on the bed. Sometimes they just wont bite. The best thing to do is to work every inch of the bed with that tube or lizard. A lot of times there will be this one spot, maybe an inch or 2 in diameter that for whatever reason the bass will be very defensive about.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 09:10 PM   #4
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

can a bed be a tree with vegitation around it. cause the bass was just sitting under the treeand when i casting near it, it would just swim over to a different side
Old 02-13-05, 09:22 PM   #5
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

A bed can be made on most hard surfaces. Sometimes you wont see the bed, but you will know it is there if the bass just guards this one spot.

If a bass is really on the bed, they will stay put and not move around much, maybe they will circle about 6 feet around the bed at the most.
Old 02-13-05, 10:56 PM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

WHITE LIZARDS, and let it set on it's bed. Bassboss had a trick(I haven't tried yet) to put some Fizzing tablets(Aqua Seltzer in a cut around it's head to make it look like it's breathing. If you can't get it to react, then just leave the lizard sitting on the bed, many times they will come and pick it up to move it, and spit it out a ways away.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 12:14 AM   #7
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Cured? Sounds to me like your fever just got worse ;D!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 12:57 AM   #8
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i guess u could put it that way reb. anyways about just letting it sit on the bed, im in a small river here with a good current going and even a good sized jig head i had put on moved with the current 5-8 feet so tha might be a problem
Old 02-14-05, 01:04 AM   #9
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Are you sure there was a bed in that case? I've never seen a bass spawn in current, they normally like the water to be somewhat still.
Old 02-14-05, 07:03 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i dont kno, but i could of been exagerating on the current it wasnt that bad.also remember that the tree was blocking alot of the current. its just hard to get the jig back by the tree cause its on a bend and its alittle hard. but it might have not been a bed cause when i looked down they were about a foot off the bank then they swam over to the tree. all i kno is that i couldnt get a bite from her.ill try to get a picture of the area next time i go over there(2 weeks)
Old 02-15-05, 09:30 AM   #11
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

Seems to me like the bass are bedding there. Typically female bass get bigger than males, so you could probably even tell which was the female and which was male

Just another annoying factoid from the brain
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.