Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 12-15-07, 11:58 AM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Covering boat in winter

I dont have anywhere to put my boat in the winter indoors. I just had a cheap walmart cover with an adjustable pole from bass pro shops to hold the cover up off the boat. well the 3 inches of snow we got last nite did both the pole and cover in , ripped a 2' square in the cover. I just put two blue tarps on it temporarily to keep the snow/water out of it. Any ideas for a more permanant solution ? Help Fast !!!!
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 05:02 PM   #2
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I do not think it is to expensive to take it to a boat dealer and have it shrink wrapped . If mine was out side for the winter that is what I would do
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 05:12 PM   #3
CMorg

Thanks boater , I just seen that on the net. I will definately call about that. Thanks again.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 12:39 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i rented a storage shed for mine. it's only about 5 miles from my house and inside, i think it was $40 a month well spent. in fact i think i will keep it in there year round now so it's out of the sun too. anyways if a storage facility isn't an option maybe you could go have a custom cover built for it. my grandpa's boat didn't come with a cover so he had one built, it was somewhere in the $200 range and is made out of heavy material. a few winters of having one shrink wrapped would pay for having a cover built that you can use all year round. plus my grandpa trailers his boat to and from the lake with his cover on and says it saves a bunch on gas which makes sense i guess but i always take mine off so when i get to the lake i am that much closer to getting on the water.
Old 12-16-07, 01:26 PM   #5
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I agree that a cover is a wise investment ,and that the boat should not be left out in the elements be it sun ,rain,snow or what ever .and being left inside is the BEST ,I will not put my or my wifes car in the garage....it is for THE BOAT. but if they do have to sit out even if you have a cover I would wrap mine for the winter it gives better protection to the boat as well as the cover. a winter can ruin a good cover then you do not have it the rest of the year
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-07, 04:24 PM   #6
Captmikestarrett

And tilt the motor all the way down into the dirt.

I have found that shipping covers made out of vinyl from trucking companys work very good. Same stuff T-Tops are made of if not canvas.

Trevek works great too.

Capt Mike
Old 12-26-07, 05:47 PM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

Keeping it covered will save from people laughing. Look at that Junk on the water.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.