Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-23-04, 09:50 PM   #1
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Recycling Soft Plastics

Someone asked about was it wrong to throw worms in the dink when they are no good. We all agreed it was wrong, but many talked of throwing them away.

I save ALL my plastics and recycle them in the off season. I usually make 100 worms or so... I have attached the photo below.

YAh, Its not a pretty worm, but it works as well as a reincarnated SENKO or Yum Dinger because thats what the material is from. First off, If your not an adult, you should ALWAYS get an adult to assist you with these type projects due to the possibility of injuring yourself.

(NOTE: DO NOT PUT METAL GLITTER IN THE MICROWAVE - IT COULD START A FIRE OR RUIN YOUR MICROWAVE!)

I cut everything up into like colors and melt them in a microwave. I then pour them into molds I make out of modeling clay or plaster. The plaster ones will last forever. Just spray them with a teflon or enamel paint coat for release.

You can copy your favorite plastic or create new ones like I do. Keep in mind that your original plastic was injection molded under high pressure, so that bait (as it was in its first life) has different characteristics. BUT I Promise you that you will be catching fish off your handpour design or copy of a favorite. Let them cool completely and when you remove them from the mold... throw them in a bath of icewater for a few minutes. After you mold them, put some mineral oil in your hands and give them a rub to make them shine and slippery.Remember, you cant sale direct copies of name brand lures. But this is not about selling. Its about conservation of lake, plastic, cash and fun. Remember...melted plastic will burn you! Becareful and always have adult supervision (even if you are an adult but a kid at heart LOL)

Here is an article:

instructions

If you want to make it a bigger hobby:

Delmart sales neat molds, colorings, glitter, plastic and the such. You can get powdered salt, worm oil and such elsewhere.

Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah

Merry Christmas

Cihp Â*
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.