Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-02-07, 08:05 PM   #1
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Jerkbaits in the summertime....

I won't forget the classic Kvd won on the river with a jerkbait......anybody been fishing one of these in a while? Something that I should try more often....
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 08:11 PM   #2
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I rarely fish one... i have absolutely zero confidence in them for some reason or another... I'm sure they will haul out some bass, but since i lack the confidence i dont throw them, which leads to no bass haha, its a big circle. The only way i'll break it is to start throwing one, but who knows if i can will myself to do so ahha.
Old 07-02-07, 08:20 PM   #3
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool

Yeah its kinda the same here....I don't know whey I never fish them .....probably would work pretty good...
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-07, 09:22 PM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
I rarely fish one... i have absolutely zero confidence in them for some reason or another... I'm sure they will haul out some bass, but since i lack the confidence i dont throw them, which leads to no bass haha, its a big circle. The only way i'll break it is to start throwing one, but who knows if i can will myself to do so ahha.
What the he!! are you talking about. I swear you were talking chit about the x-rap last year or 2. That's a jerk/slash bait, why aren't you using it?

Lizards
Old 07-02-07, 10:07 PM   #5
bassfisher02

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
What the he!! are you talking about. I swear you were talking chit about the x-rap last year or 2. That's a jerk/slash bait, why aren't you using it?

Lizards

i dont remember ever talking about using jerkbaits... i have a few but i have rarely used them. i've never caught a fish with one. haha maybe you have got me confused with someone else there lizards, you know a year or 2 ago was a pretty long time ago.
Old 07-02-07, 10:08 PM   #6
bassfisher02

and to answer your question... i have no confidence in them, thats why i dont use them haha. i should, but i can never seem to pry myself away from soft plastics, its a hard habit to break ahha
Old 07-03-07, 05:21 PM   #7
zooker

lizzy it was not 02..

jerkbaits in the summer time. basicly because they are a slower moving fairly shallow diving baits that have 2-3 treble hooks on them.. the fish really are cranked up and want something faster.. how ever after a big cold front i would use them..

ya really need to buy some x-raps.. they are the only bait i know of that work's equally well for both salt and fresh water fish.. i troll the hot head and the gold x-raps for trout and spanish. blues will readily hit either..

zooker
Old 07-03-07, 08:05 PM   #8
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Just use them faster, especially for smallies, and go with suspending ones.
Old 07-03-07, 08:43 PM   #9
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02 View Post
i dont remember ever talking about using jerkbaits... i have a few but i have rarely used them. i've never caught a fish with one. haha maybe you have got me confused with someone else there lizards, you know a year or 2 ago was a pretty long time ago.

My mistake, it's the sometimers I have Anyway listen to zooker, the Saltwater X-Rap works equally well for salt and fresh water.

Lizards
Old 07-04-07, 10:34 AM   #10
keithdog

When I am using the X Raps in summer, I usually reel them in faster than I would in Spring, with jerks and twitches.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.