Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 10-18-08, 03:14 PM   #151
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ross perot tried.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-08, 03:20 PM   #152
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ross Perot was a gimmicky millionair that just wanted to achive his next goal , he had the same views as the other parties but didn't affiliate with them because they new he had no chance of winning . The mani problem is that the people who would care enough to try to improve the standard of life have to sell out in order to get elected and then just end up a part of the machine that is washington .

Jim
Old 10-18-08, 07:45 PM   #153
WTL

I have given up on the idea of an independent party. They don't have enough time in our system to achieve relevance, so they invariably fall apart after each election.

What you have to do is change one of the major parties to fit your agenda. That can be done. Its not easy, it takes a game-changing moment and it is my hypothesis that we may be near that moment for the GOP.
Old 10-18-08, 08:21 PM   #154
Jim80

I'm not saying it can't happen it's just that government and all seems to be stuck in hole that there is no way out of .

Jim
Old 10-20-08, 10:22 AM   #155
Lilmoosecountry

I read an intresting thing about the polls. There was a poll done about all the major polls. This poll looked at the last 12 polls from all major polling organizations. Obama #'s have not Grown at all of the last 12 major polls. Yes his #'s are high. But there is also no new growth on average. But with Mccains #'s & possible undecideds. He still is high enough atleast from the polling aspect to take obama.
Old 10-20-08, 05:07 PM   #156
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

look at the last presidential election G.W. was down 10 points with only a month left to go and managed to pull it off....it's very much liberals polling liberals...I'm a registered republican and haven't been called by anyone and many of my colleagues and friends have said the same thing.
Old 10-22-08, 09:11 AM   #157
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
look at the last presidential election G.W. was down 10 points with only a month left to go and managed to pull it off....it's very much liberals polling liberals...I'm a registered republican and haven't been called by anyone and many of my colleagues and friends have said the same thing.

That's pretty much how I've always felt about the "polls" as well.
Old 10-22-08, 09:01 PM   #158
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i put a 4 by 8 sign of macain and palin to just make my neigbor mad and out anti osama signs on the back of my truck you wouldnt believe the people who loved them
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 07:42 AM   #159
Cranebird

You people are serious about this ? I thought Ron Paul was the best choice but he is no longer there . Last I knew the president didn't have all of the power to govern this country ? What happened to the house and the senate? One of these clowns are going to get voted in and we will either screech the whole time or be happy with the decision, until the next time.........
Old 10-30-08, 04:16 PM   #160
jcw1503

"Last I knew the president didn't have all of the power to govern this country ? What happened to the house and the senate?"

Cranebird....just a little info....the house and the senate are both democrats.....and if the president is a democrat..then they have all the power...
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-08, 04:47 PM   #161
WTL

The executive branch has taken over the years a lot of power from congress and the states. It is way more powerful than it was ever intended to be.

If we just weakened the entire government we would be so much better off. That way, we could survive even when we do elect an idiot cause he wouldnt have the power to screw stuff up!
Old 10-30-08, 05:08 PM   #162
mont_lunker_hunter

This a long read,but it's interesting to see how a philosopher living during the hay day of Athens can give such insight on modern governing. Read this when you have minute...or an hour!
http://faculty.frostburg.edu/phil/forum/PlatoRep.htm
Old 10-30-08, 05:26 PM   #163
jasonfish320

I find it interesting that the media can bash Sarah Palin about the 150k for clothing for her and her family, but it's OK for Barack Hussein Obama to spend $6 MILLION on an infomercial....I'm really pulling for a surprise victory
Old 10-30-08, 09:44 PM   #164
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfish320 View Post
I find it interesting that the media can bash Sarah Palin about the 150k for clothing for her and her family, but it's OK for Barack Hussein Obama to spend $6 MILLION on an infomercial....I'm really pulling for a surprise victory

4 million.

I think both of these instances are ridiculous. Sarah Palin just spent more on clothes than the house I grew up in cost.......And Obama spent more in a half hour than I'll see in my whole life. Nobody is for the middle class.

Dave Barry's explanation of politics- "The word politics comes from two greek words, 'poli' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning bloodsucking insects."
Old 10-31-08, 08:10 AM   #165
jcw1503

YEah, its crazy how everyonr keeps talking about the middle class, but they sit up there living in multimillion dollar houses....Obama spent more on a few acres of land then i would ever hope to make in my life time...
Old 10-31-08, 08:12 AM   #166
jcw1503

I am curious, have they ever found Obama's birth certificate...the last i have seen and heard is they can't find it....and some of his family say he was born in america, but his grandma and others say it was not born in the US....
Old 10-31-08, 11:46 AM   #167
lowrider

i'm not an obama supporter. but i EASILY found this, from a major newspaper.

First, last fall, there were all kinds of people, a number of them Ron Paul supporters, dashing from Internet site to Internet site suggesting that John McCain could not serve as president of the United States.

That was because he was born outside the United States and, therefore, not native-born, as presidents must be constitutionally.

McCain was, in fact, born in a U.S. military hospital in the Panama Canal Zone, where his father was serving in the Navy. That was, in fact, American-controlled territory at the time.

More importantly, his parents were both American citizens, so he could have been born on Mars and still been an American at birth. And a sense of the Senate resolution took care of any lingering doubts.

Now come the rumors about Barack Obama's birthplace, that he was really born in his father's native Kenya, so like Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria, he can't become a U.S. president.

Same rule would apply as for McCain. Obama's mother was an American. So is her son.

The Obama campaign has provided at The Ticket's request what it says is a copy of the Illinois senator's official birth certificate, reproduced here, showing he was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, at 7:24 p.m., which means he was late for dinner, just like a politician. Click on the photo to enlarge for reading.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 12:27 PM   #168
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw1503 View Post
I am curious, have they ever found Obama's birth certificate...the last i have seen and heard is they can't find it....and some of his family say he was born in america, but his grandma and others say it was not born in the US....

I had a sarcastic statement typed up about this, but then I realised if you believe this type of rhetoric the sarcasm would probably escape you.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-08, 01:15 PM   #169
jcw1503

i didn't read the post you mentioned it on doc, people were talking about it at work recently and i was curious, i was not trying to start anyhting but acutally if there is a military station across county, that station is considered american ground, so as it was said it that McCains is the same situation, no it would not in that sense...again i was wondering and not making a statement
Old 11-05-08, 12:17 PM   #170
Wishing2BFishing

Well, we now have a winner . . . OBAMA
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 12:29 PM   #171
woody

The United States of America is a country of winners !
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 12:47 PM   #172
jcw1503

Well, yes Obama is going to be president....Well, at least the majority in the house is Republican....What its not!!....Well, at least the majority in the senate is Republican...What that one is not either!!!...POP...America should of had a V8!!!!!
Old 11-05-08, 10:15 PM   #173
jasonfish320

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
The United States of America is a country of winners !
Exactly!...if the dems have it their way we won't be able to watch football games because it will be unfair if someone loses, and all the players need to have equal time playing...f'ing kills me...so looks like the "redistribution" of wealth idea will be great!...we can all drive around in the same cars, work the same jobs, get paid the same and all live in the same house...EQUALITY at it's best!
Old 11-06-08, 11:23 AM   #174
Lilmoosecountry

Gun sales are on the increase. Gett'm while there hot before jan 20/2008. Wonder why that's simple OBAMA HUSSIEN is comming for them.
Old 11-06-08, 11:28 AM   #175
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Gun sales are on the increase. Gett'm while there hot before jan 20/2008. Wonder why that's simple OBAMA HUSSIEN is comming for them.

Yes he is, thats all I've heard about on the news. /end sarcasm
doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.