Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-28-05, 05:49 PM   #1
AdirondackJack
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Advice for the new guy

Hey fellas,

wonder'n if anyone could offer some advice on Bass fishin' tips in the hot southern heat. Times? Structures? ETC?

also what lure changes should I make for different water types, Murky vs. Clear?

Thanks
AdirondackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 06:16 PM   #2
lockjaw
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Matted milfoil on top fished with a rat anytime of day. It offers good shade and plenty of bream. You can also flip a jig or worm into thick milfoil. Kind of boring though. I prefer the rat.
Night fishing could also be productive.
Old 07-28-05, 07:29 PM   #3
bigbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

time of the day i would prefer would be morning right before the sun pops out but the bass still will bite all day long the main structure to pin point midday is heavy grass a rat works some but i think flipping jigs or worms in the matted grass is more effective ,another type structure that i spend most my time at is docks this offers great shade ,structure,andlots of baitfish.the lure i use is weightless senkos i rig then on a spinning reel with 6 pound line. the reason for the spinning reel is so you can skip cast under the dock which you can get further with than flipping with a baitcaster the light line is cause usualy the waters are pressured
Old 07-28-05, 08:44 PM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the forum, Jack!

This time of year early and late are your best bets. Fish, like people like to be in the cool during the heat of the day, which means deep water or deep in cover. They are more active early and late.

Colors-I use this as kind of a rule of thumb:

Clear water-darker, natural colors like watermelon, watermelon red, green pumpkin and shad colors..

Muddy water-depends on if it is sunny or not. If it is sunny I like bright lures, but if it is cloudy I go with more natural colors.
Old 07-28-05, 08:58 PM   #5
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser
Welcome to the forum, Jack!

This time of year early and late are your best bets. Fish, like people like to be in the cool during the heat of the day, which means deep water or deep in cover. They are more active early and late.

Colors-I use this as kind of a rule of thumb:

Clear water-darker, natural colors like watermelon, watermelon red, green pumpkin and shad colors..

Muddy water-depends on if it is sunny or not. If it is sunny I like bright lures, but if it is cloudy I go with more natural colors.
Damn Straight! one more thing: OXYGEN! we can change our lures, we just can't put air pumps into water like we do it in fish tank. lol...
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 12:46 PM   #6
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

like they said find weeds and structure.
Old 08-01-05, 06:22 PM   #7
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Exclamation

well i live in the southern states and it does get hot. well anyways pop-rs are about the best lure in the summer. you cant fish these lures in the morning. dont know why but i have never got a bite. make sure you get a popper with a feather on the back treble hook, thats the main thing the bass concentrate on

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.