Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-07, 11:29 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default Job

OK Boys, let's here what you do for a livin' - besides fishin. Sayin' I'm in 9th grade, I have a few ideas already. Vet, pharmacist, engineer, or biologist, DNR(Dept. of Natural Resources) officer. I want a job that will get me outdoors and active, yet give a good paycheck to feed me and the kids, and give-up the weekends to fish. With my grades so far(straight A's), my choices are high, so the question to you - any ideas? What do you do? Paycheck per year? Weekends off? Time to play?

Thanks in advance...

-LL-
Old 11-21-07, 12:29 PM   #2
foolishone
BassFishin.Com Member

9th Grade, I wish. I've got 25 yrs at the telco. Great pay, don't have to kill myself. I maintain the equipment in the test lab. $70K+, 6 weeks vac, 4 yrs to go 'till pension

If I were you I'd be looking at Construction/Civil Eng or Architecture, my 20 year old is in first of 3 years in Architectural technology. Already has job offers. Regardless, keep up the A's, they open all kinds of doors for you.

Also, go give your folks a hug.
foolishone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 06:50 PM   #3
pig n jig

LL What happened to your wife and how many kids do you have ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:03 PM   #4
lunker-lander

PNJ, what the hell?!?!?!?

-LL-
Old 11-22-07, 09:58 AM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

OK... Anyways, LL I'm s sophomore And I'm more interesting in getting me a job so I have money for, IMHO, important things: a car/truck, gas to run my Car/truck, food, and the most important........................

FISHING GEAR!

Other than that I haven't though too much about a career. I would love to be a Pro Fisherman, but that probably won't happen... I would like to do something either with chemestry, Biology, or I'd like to become a Chef. I love to cook, especially for my family, and for me of course

BB
Old 11-22-07, 10:32 AM   #6
lunker-lander

Pro B.A.S.S has come to mind here too. But, I think a nice boat, a nice house, and a nice family would beat that anyday...

-LL-
Old 11-24-07, 12:03 PM   #7
BLWeng
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to BLWeng

LL, i think the way the world is changing, and has changed since i was in school, (only 10 years out) i think anything to do with computers would be smart. My brother in law just graduated from college last year, has most of the certs (microsoft, cisco) and is making around $50,000 already, 1 year out of school. With a degree in computer stuff, and the certs, you can also pick your salary and have alot of time off to play.
Now for me, i am just a dumb Firefighter. I have a business degree in golf management. But instead of doing anything with my degree, i run into burning buildings when all the educated people are running out. I guess that shows how smart i am. lol Don't make a ton of money, but very rewarding. 24 hours on duty, 48 hours off. Alot of time to play also. But i don't do it for the money. Thats why i married a nurse.
Good luck to ya.
Old 11-24-07, 07:37 PM   #8
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
give a good paycheck to feed me and the kids,

LL,Just thought maybe you should have said to feed the family.

All kidding aside, maybe to should become a Veterinarian......
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 03:33 AM   #9
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
LL,Just thought maybe you should have said to feed the family.

All kidding aside, maybe to should become a Veterinarian......
hehehe, I was wondering if the wife was gonna be allowed to eat myself.
I'm a disabled ex meat cutter. A route that I can highly recommend you avoid. Now I build websites to earn my fishing money. And let me tell ya, being a webmaster aint the easiest way to make a buck either. But I'd take it over slinging meat anytime.
I'd say the enginering tech would be the way to go. Whatever you do, get the education. The biggest mistake I ever made was to quit high school. And I was one of the lucky ones who managed to fall into a decent paying job.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 02:48 PM   #10
foolishone
BassFishin.Com Member

LL, three saying I like...

You can take it in time or money, but not both. (forthe job)
If you want to break a string, you have to pull from both ends. (for relationships)

And my favorite...,

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. (for Kids)
foolishone is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.