Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-18-09, 09:11 AM   #401
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I was great to meet a few of you Saturday afternoon at the lake. I am sorry that I had to leave early, but I had to see about a patient. It was great to put some faces with the names that I have been seeing on the forum. I am glad everyone had a good time.

By the way, what is the line poundage requirements for that crankcar lure? I heard it was very effective.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 09:19 AM   #402
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey Everettvet, nice to meet ya too !

I think we tied a 3/8 rope to zookers vehicle and It bought stretched to the breaking point, C rig an me started pushing and it came out, Ray popped the front bumper back on and was good to go!
Ya can't even make up stories on tv that are better than some of the stuff on this trip LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 09:28 AM   #403
everettvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hey Everettvet, nice to meet ya too !

I think we tied a 3/8 rope to zookers vehicle and It bought stretched to the breaking point, C rig an me started pushing and it came out, Ray popped the front bumper back on and was good to go!
Ya can't even make up stories on tv that are better than some of the stuff on this trip LOL
As they say "I coldn't make this up!"
Old 05-18-09, 10:45 AM   #404
nofearengineer

Man...it was great to meet all of you guys. It's gonna be great to actually have a face and voice to put with all of these posts from now on. I already can't wait til next year.

A special thanks goes out to JB, since he helped me put my boat in at the state ramp when I arrived at the resort to find out it was totally flooded and had no good way to launch (no mention of that kill switch! )

Also, thanks to WTL for retrieving my runaway boat...BAD, BAD BOAT!!

I think the stars of the event were the cooking crew though! I'm sure we'd all agree on that. We may all feed the bait monkey from time to time, but I rather enjoyed feeding the fish monkey.

Anyways, next time I need to bring a partner so I can keep up with you AWESOME bass fisherman. I was blown away by how good you guys were. You guys really know your stuff...I'm lookin forward to learning a lot more from ya.
Old 05-18-09, 02:38 PM   #405
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm going to post pics in my photo album tonight, and I'll say more later when I get off work, but this was an absolute blast from start to finish. There are some great stories from this weekend, and I met a lot of great people.

Watch this space for more...
Old 05-18-09, 03:04 PM   #406
Bassboss

Wow guys, really sounds like a great time1 Loved the stories you posted bama, nofear, JB, and who ever else I missed!

That big john crank looks great! I think it will be a bit out my price range though!

Anyone here back from Kevin since the get together?
Old 05-18-09, 03:13 PM   #407
everettvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Wow guys, really sounds like a great time1 Loved the stories you posted bama, nofear, JB, and who ever else I missed!

That big john crank looks great! I think it will be a bit out my price range though!

Anyone here back from Kevin since the get together?

Kevin is traveling home today from Kentucky Lake. I think he said he was leaving early and it was a 15 hour trip.
Old 05-18-09, 03:25 PM   #408
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
Kevin is traveling home today from Kentucky Lake. I think he said he was leaving early and it was a 15 hour trip.
All right thanks man!
Old 05-18-09, 08:33 PM   #409
zooker

here it comes... oh man it was getting deep and thick..of course the board members seen in this clip are REAL good at spreading it with a shovel..

in order bklash and dennyk on the right. bamabassman facing the camera,bassinbandit in the red shirt. jb in the middle-ya perv- wtl on the outside..

the cooks in action.. i'd probly been skint alive had they seen me take this video..

but here goes.. right to left.missippigal,bigbassin144,mrsbamabassman,mrs c-rig,and the frost bit c-rig..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 05-18-09 at 08:47 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 10:55 PM   #410
carolina-rig-01

lol frost bit c-rig. when that cold front blew through and hour or so before that video was shot the temp dropped a lot, and i don't have as much insulation as some cameramen who shall remain nameless. yep that is me making sure the cooks are doing it right, and let me tell you they did it just right. there was a lot of great food at ky lake.
Old 05-18-09, 11:16 PM   #411
MississippiBoy

I've loaded all our pics onto my photo album. Once Kevin ok's them, go and have a look. Save them to your own computer if you want to, or I'll send you a copy that hasn't been compressed into the photo album for better quality...just tell me which one you want.

This whole weekend was incredible. It was so good to see John, Lisa, Jeff, Anthony, and Billy again, and getting to meet Kevin, Mark, Kory, Britney, JB, Zooker, Denny, Ron, Adam, and everybody else was awesome. There's a bunch of great people on here, and it showed.

Ok, everybody requested stories, so here's my favorite, and least favorite all in one. Me and my wife Louann were fishing with John and Lisa in their boat most of the weekend. Louann was throwing one of Kory's jigs, while I had just put down a Zara Spook knock-off and picked up my crankbait rod. All of a sudden, she sets the hook and starts fighting a fish. I look over, and her rod is bent waaay over. It comes to the surface and rolls real big, and I knew it was a hawg. She brings it closer to the boat, so I go to move a couple of my rods that were in the way. Sure enough, being the idiot that I am, I manage to hook her foot with one of the trebles on that Spook, all the way to the shank. She's so excited, she didn't really realize it was stuck in her until she tries to take a step, and the rod comes up with her. She starts yelling "Get the fish!" I tell her there's a hook stuck in her, she yells "Get the FISH!" I say, "But you've got..."
"GET THE FISH!!!!"

So, I get the fish, like I was told. In the process, I break her rod because I reeled in the fish too close before I lipped it, then John and I somehow manage to drop our camera when I tried to pass it to him. So we got her fish into the livewell, and I manage to snip the split ring between the lure and the treble that's still embedded in her foot. We motor back to the marina, and she and I head to the ER at Benton, about 15 minutes away. When we get there, the ER nurse brings in a white tray with needlenose pliers, wire cutters, etc. in it. Written with a Sharpie on the side of the tray are the words "Fish Hook Tray...."

Apparently this happens quite a bit.

So, they snip off the hook, push it through, and pull it out, clean as you please. We were back fishing soon after, but not before we took a quick trip to Walmart to get her antibiotic prescription filled, and pick out a new rod for her. Plus some treble hooks, a couple packs of worms for her, a new tackle bag, some worm hooks and weights......

Last edited by MississippiBoy; 05-19-09 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 11:53 PM   #412
carolina-rig-01

lol that is a great story and britney and i were fishing within feet of them at the time so we got to see the whole thing. i heard louann say something about her foot but i just thought that she stuck herself a little with a hook, i had no idea it was burried in her like that.

it's great to see the bait monkey tags along on hospital trips as well.
Old 05-19-09, 07:41 AM   #413
bcklash

I thought Louann was going to win the bait monkey for a while. That's a real fisherwoman when you got a trebble stuck in your foot and keep fishing.
Old 05-19-09, 09:28 AM   #414
MississippiBoy

Oh, I forgot to tell you about the fish that b!tch slapped her...

Kory took John and me out with him Friday afternoon, so Louann, Lisa, and Britney fished some off the piers at the marina. Louann hooked a small fish, and posed for a pic. When she tried to get the hook out, she held it a little too close to her face. It flopped and smacked her right in the eye with its tail. When we got back later, her left eye was already a little swollen and darker than the other one.
Old 05-19-09, 09:29 AM   #415
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I thought Louann was going to win the bait monkey for a while. That's a real fisherwoman when you got a trebble stuck in your foot and keep fishing.
We had hopes she was going to win it. Then JB pulled that hawg out of his livewell, and the rest is history.
Old 05-19-09, 09:31 AM   #416
JB

I threw it back for another day!
Old 05-19-09, 10:30 AM   #417
bcklash

Here's a little tale on the BassinBandit, he had a professional overrun ( I refuse to my name), he got it out and I hear mumble something about the line was in the trolling motor, and then I hear "oh he77 it's not in the trolling motor I've a fish", so the whole time he thought the trolling motor was taking line it was a fish!!

He also almost joined Woody in the lake.
Old 05-19-09, 10:53 AM   #418
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Here's a little tale on the BassinBandit, he had a professional overrun ( I refuse to my name), he got it out and I hear mumble something about the line was in the trolling motor, and then I hear "oh he77 it's not in the trolling motor I've a fish", so the whole time he thought the trolling motor was taking line it was a fish!!

He also almost joined Woody in the lake.
The real question is - Did he boat the fish?
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 11:02 AM   #419
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
here it comes... oh man it was getting deep and thick..of course the board members seen in this clip are REAL good at spreading it with a shovel..

zooker
I'm sorry I missed it but it was better that I stayed home. The wife came home a day early because one of her friend's kids got hand foot and mouth disease. Now our 21 month old has it .

With those guys in that room, you would have needed a haz-mat suit to protect yourself from all that being told .
Old 05-19-09, 11:37 AM   #420
woody

Quote:
...He also almost joined Woody in the lake.
Jump on in Bandit, the water is fine! LOL

It all happened so fast and before I knew it I was in over my head, thinking -man this is no joke-, I just fell out of my boat!

For all of you that are interested in the details of my mishap here ya go. Fishing from the front of my boat amongst some heavy cover(stumps, stick ups) flipping a jig, I noticed a fast approaching stump that I thought that I could push off of with my right foot in order to avoid bumping it with the side of my boat, MAN WAS I EVER WRONG! LOL As soon as my weight shifted to the stump, that was now crumbling away, I was drinking water quicker than you can say "Woody You Big Dummy!". LOL

A moment that I will never forget.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 11:38 AM   #421
Fishnngolfn

Since you didn't get hurt that is FUNNY!!!
Old 05-19-09, 11:53 AM   #422
JB

Even at water temp of 72 I stuck my legs in for a minute and its COLD!
Woody, did ya have a extra set of clothes in the boat or bout freeze till ya got to the cabin?
Old 05-19-09, 02:23 PM   #423
woody

I did have a dry jacket in the boat that kept me from looking like a complete idiot heading back to the boat dock. And being from up north helped out too, considering those cold wintry temps that we had to deal with, so this really wasn't so bad.

By the way my previously waterlogged camera is now starting to show signs of life which is a good thing.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 03:06 PM   #424
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
The real question is - Did he boat the fish?
yes he did, a short 12' or 13' bass.
Old 05-19-09, 03:29 PM   #425
Bassboss

Great story Sippy!

I saw your pics in the album! The hook went deep for sure! And a good fish too, on both your parts!

btw, that was a sammy in her foot right?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.