Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-19-06, 10:51 PM   #1
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Opinion on a deal....

My Dad has the opportunity to buy a Bass Tracker Pro 16, I think its about 8 years old for $1,000. It has no TM, an older mercury 35 that ran 3 or 4 years back, and there needs to be some work done on the deck, plywood and new carpet, seats that sort of thing. The trailer is good except the tires are a little dry rotted, need to be replaced. I probably need $500-750 to get the thing in fine condition. My first inclination is that its a good deal - but he is not a rich man so I'm not sure if the deal is good enough. What do yall think? What would it be worth if we fixed everything too?
Old 08-19-06, 11:29 PM   #2
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I don't know what she'd be worth, but I'd say go for it.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 09:18 AM   #3
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

that would depend on if you need a boat right away..the boat is going to require a lot of work from the sound of it.1k sounds a little high for a boat in that condition.i only say that because my bro recently sold a 91 17ft alum fisher bassboat with the TM and a 60hp merc in good running condition.the only thing it really needed was the screw valve that releases the tilt,causing the trim and tilt not to work.the guy fixed it for $40..the boat was sold for $600 with trailer..try to talk the guy down..the longer the boat sits,the worse condition it will be in.
Old 08-20-06, 09:23 AM   #4
Fishie1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

2006 TRACKER®
Pro Guide™ V-16 T ,
60 ELHPT FourStroke Motor and Trailer

No Haggle, No Hassle Value Price
$ 14,205* USA

includes Dealer Prep and
Destination Charges

Payment Calculator Print View

View promotions for this boat.
Fishie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 11:35 AM   #5
Vabass22

Fishie, it won't be worth that much, because it's a '98.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 11:44 AM   #6
bassnman30

Try and "bid" the guy who's selling the boat down.

Last edited by bassnman30; 08-20-06 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added wording
bassnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 11:47 AM   #7
Fishie1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

yeah I know ....but that is what it runs for brand new and a 2006 model.....I would say its worth about 500 bucks....
Fishie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 12:24 PM   #8
WTL

Fishie, if you melt down the aluminum its made of its worth $500.

I think my Dad might take it. He got a gas can, black light, trolling motor and old hummingbird depth finder thrown in. The front deck has brand new wood, its just the rear that needed new plywood but that can be done in a day and I have the some suitable wood already laying behind the shed.

Last edited by WTL; 08-20-06 at 03:29 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-06, 07:24 PM   #9
PowerBass

Wtl,
As most know, I purchased a Tracker Pro Team 170 TX, 2006 Model, you can get one with a 25 Horse 4 stroke merc, for 8500$ or a little more. I love my boat, and have a few upgrades in mind, like a new TM, bigger motor, buddy arm for bigger motor and my little 9.9, on board charger, etc etc, little things that are not such a big deal. If you would like pics please let me know.
Old 08-24-06, 08:01 PM   #10
lizardsrule

WTL,

Personally I think it sounds like a good deal. As you know you will always be working on your boat, even if bought brand new. I bought my 15' Fishermarine, with 28lb trolling moter, 15hp evinrude, and fishfinder for $1000. The moter had not run for 2 years. I have since put way over what I paid for it into it, but if it doesn't leak( too much anyways lol)and the aluminum is in good shape I'd say it's not a bad deal. Just my opinion, but a trolling moter, fishfinder, boat, trailer priced out would probably cost more than that. My trailer was only 2 years old, but the boat and Evinrude were 1982. Still doesn't leak, and is a great little fishing boat, except for big waters of course, right Tom LOL. I still laugh thinking about him with his life jacket on, asking how to turn the bilge on form all the water coming over the bough rotflmao. The other option is to not buy it and "HOPE" you find a better deal?

Lizards
Old 08-24-06, 11:47 PM   #11
WTL

Yea, I thought it was an ok deal..and he got it. I started the motor the other day, I think I'll give it a run on the lake maybe this weekend. Got the trolling motor up and working, depth finder, bilge, aireator, all the decks are cut but I need to go buy some of the expensive hinges for 1 mod that I want to do. Gotta do a little wiring work, the wiring situation is a bit confusing but I'll manage. And as Lizards said its constant modifications from there on out...lets see, LED trailer lights, rope lights for the front deck, another depthfinder for the front deck...the list goes on and on.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.