Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Poll: Which Rod For My BPS Pro Qualifier?
Poll Options
Which Rod For My BPS Pro Qualifier?

Old 08-15-12, 12:56 AM   #1
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Replacing My Fallen Baitcasting Rig

I'm replacing my rig I dropped in a lake a few weeks ago. I'm definitely getting another BPS Pro Qualifier but I'm going to change rods.

Here are the candidates:

Carrot Stix Wilde 7' MH
BPS CarbonLite Micro Guides 7' MH
Abu Garcia Veritas Micro Guides 7' MH

Place your vote and give me a little feedback on your vote.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 09:48 AM   #2
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I bought the BPS Carbonlite non-micro. For some reason I have had issues with the length of the rod behind the reel. Catches on everything.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-12, 10:06 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Between those three... either the BPS or Abu.

BB
Old 08-15-12, 11:08 AM   #4
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great choice on going with micro guides! I don't own any of those 3 but I do have a Falcon Bucoo micro that I like very much, it is in the same "class" as the 3 you mention. I also have a Lamiglas Excel with micro guides that is fantastic and in the same basic price range. That said, between the rods you listed, I would go with Carrot Stix Wild. I have handled these rods in the store and I was impressed. I also know a few people who have them and recommend them. Good luck!
Old 08-16-12, 10:55 AM   #5
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey I voted for the Veritas becasue they make a great rod. The only problem I have had with people in the store with them is the eyes. Not made very well and will break off. Have several guys who buy them and have a local guy re do each of them. At $100 you can't hardly beat the Veritas just eyes are the only problem. Have a good one.

Matt
matt3mckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 11:12 AM   #6
IUbass

For the price, you cant beat the Veritas.It is a very good rod....and they are sooooo sexy... that white gets me.
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 03:34 PM   #7
fish4942

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt3mckee View Post
Hey I voted for the Veritas becasue they make a great rod. The only problem I have had with people in the store with them is the eyes. Not made very well and will break off. Have several guys who buy them and have a local guy re do each of them. At $100 you can't hardly beat the Veritas just eyes are the only problem. Have a good one.

Matt
Were the eyelettes falling out? What exactly was / is the problem?
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 06:19 PM   #8
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah they will break off or fall off easier than say a Duckett or one of the other. Just not the best quality guide, other than that they are hard to beat. However, I have never used a rod as good as those Duckett's. If your considering a micro guide there isn't any better. Great product, great people, and great warrenty. I deal with them on the inside level and that is the best company I have dealt with since I have started the store almost a year ago. Boyd is a heck of a guy and great person to do business with. Feel free to shoot me an email and ask any questions you want. matt3mckee@gmail.com

Matt
matt3mckee is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.