Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-06, 03:53 PM   #1
Fishing4Soup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Exude And Gulp, do either work?

I was wondering if either of those products worl because i dont feel like putting my hand into a jar that smells like school lunch unless it works for gulp and i love mister twister to start but have never tried exude stuff and was thinking about buying some stuff. Do either of these products work?
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-06, 07:55 PM   #2
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i have herd good things about gulp

but all the tackle retailers in my area stopped carriing exude
Old 01-14-06, 08:04 PM   #3
KH.

all i know is one thing,gulp is a piece of ****.they turn as hard as a rock,smell like cow dung,and dont catch fish
Old 01-14-06, 08:13 PM   #4
rrw4258

i'll second kh51501 on that one never had luck on any of Gulp Products, and it is a piece of s*#$!
Old 01-14-06, 08:13 PM   #5
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I caught more fish with Gulp! in '05 than any other lure. All species love it. It doesn't smell as bad as cow dung, but close. They get hard when they dry out, just make sure you remove them from the hook when you're done fishing. I just counted the largemouth I caught with various styles of it (mostly sinking minnows) in my fishing log and I caught 312 with them. The bag says to maintain freshness don't place used ones back in the bag, but I have and it doesn't matter. They rule!
Old 01-14-06, 09:13 PM   #6
KH.

hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-14-06, 11:13 PM   #7
Christopherkeene9

I have to go against KH and RRw they do work Both of them do! Tried them in Saltwater and Fresh!! But yeah take them off the hook and put them back and they wont harden up. And the exudes are hard to adjust once wet due to the stuff they put out.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 09:05 AM   #8
senkosam

Gulp is as much a hassle to use as pork and it stinks. Threw my baits in the garbage.

Exude creature baits have caught a lot of prespawners used Texposed/ no wt. but as was mentioned, slide down after a few casts because the plastic get super slippery-slimy when wet. I peg the creature bait with a simple wire contraption I use in place of toothpicks and it does far less damage to the baits nose area. I use the same wire to keep grubs on my jigs.

Another good idea is to attach an in-line to the front of the creature bait and cast to super shallow weedy water in early spring. Picks and bass blast the combo.
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 10:56 AM   #9
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Gulp is made of a very tough material if that's what you mean by a hassle to use. I love the smell of 'em. Smells like success to me. I have bought a few packs that didn't quite smell like the others and couldn't catch fish with them, pretty weird. It's very limited in styles and colors. I haven't tried their lizards yet. The senko-styled sinking minnows are really heavy. They cast super far and sink faster than most baits that owe their incepton to Gary Yamamoto. They don't move as well as plastics when wacky-rigged. Most of the time I use the sinking minnow like a soft plastic jerkbait. Texaposing the hook on them causes missed fish because of the material. I got a 3.5 lb. largemouth from about 50 ft. out, to 6 ft. from shore once, and it was never even hooked! It blew me away when I saw the hook still stuck in the bait. The fish woud not let it go! I un-texaposed it and he slammed it again. Once, I had a channel cat on and two others were following, just like smallies. I never even heard of that before. This was a lake where the channel cats were supposedly fished out. If you don't like catching various other species when you are targeting bass this might not be your kind of bait. For me they are bonus fish, but I have a friend who will claim he outfished you if you caught 30 pike and he caught 1 smallmouth. You can throw them right in front of carp and get no reaction. That's still a puzzle to me. I've read that carp may be the most intelligent fish in freshwater. Maybe they can read the Berkely logo on the bait.
Old 01-15-06, 11:02 AM   #10
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

Have used Gulp! Have caugh bass, crappie, sunfish, and 7 lb catfish. This was all on Black Nightcrawlers. (tidal river, dusk)
(Major NJ lake, from 9am til about 3pm) Used the natural color worm and had it picked apart all day by sunfish. Sight casted to some nice bass and they didn't bother with it. Tested this stuff most of the day and had no luck.
Same day switched to top water and landed 3 bass nothing to write home about. All just around a pound or two. Know for a fact some LARGE LM in the lake I was fishing. Kept the used ones away from the new, kept the new closed up tight in original bag.
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 12:11 PM   #11
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

I actually fish a lot of the exude lures by Mister Twister and I stand beside them. The fish attactant formula works very well specially on bedding bass. However, the lures that mister twister was using were a lot softer than they are now and were'nt very well liked. Now Mister Twister even makes a stick bait that works awesome and the price is very reasonable for what you get. Checkout the new technology and see how far it's come along www.mistertwister.com
basser087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 04:09 PM   #12
bassinbob

I get an outdoor mag from a smokeless tobacco company. The have hunting, fishing, etc. articles in it. The latest one has a story and in the story they say Gulp is a secret of the pros. I tried a pak of their sinking minnows last yeay with no luck. I might try them again this year.

Bob
Old 01-18-06, 04:21 PM   #13
PowerBass

I love the sinking minnows wacky rigged pre spawn. produced 8 bass in 15 minutes.
Old 01-18-06, 04:22 PM   #14
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

I've tried the gulp lures too and I haven't had any luck at all. I do like exude and I stand beside that. However, the entire line of the exude lures isn't the best stick with the dropshot worm and the comidas.
Old 01-18-06, 08:03 PM   #15
Fishing4Soup

i just ordered some stuff. I bought a pack of exude nightcrawlers in the normal brown color and some white curly tail exude grubs. How would you guys rig these? On normal lead jigheads?
Old 01-18-06, 09:36 PM   #16
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

What kind of fish are you going after?
Old 01-18-06, 10:17 PM   #17
Fishing4Soup

i usually fish a pond near my house for pike and bass...mostly bass
oh by the way i also bought some zoom trick worms, the floating ones to try on a shaky-head. Do you think this will work?
Old 01-19-06, 12:51 AM   #18
Unregistered

yes that should work good. Try watermelon colors.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.