Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-06-06, 09:53 PM   #1
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default shakey head worms

OK guys , I have never fished one of these. Lets hear where and when you fish them and what were the results? Fish2win
Old 02-06-06, 10:15 PM   #2
fishn'fool
BassFishin.Com Member

One of go to lures!! Its simply a jig head with a finesse worm usually, but 6 to 7 inch worms produce too.
1. I use them with a finesse worm or a finesse tube. I use them on weed edges of like coontail in deeper water with a ligh wire hook and an 1/8 ounce jig head. 2. Steep drop offs or rock piles with a 1/4 ounce jig head. I play around between a finesse worm and a finesse tube all the time. I like the finesse worm on the grass edges, and a finesse tube in the deeper water.
They are very effective any condition and in time of the year.
Old 02-07-06, 02:03 AM   #3
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass
Default Shakey Head Jigs

I've got very little experience with them, in my early days of bass fishin, I used the yellow or black (w/eyes) ball type jig head with a curly tail grub and would just toss it out and reel it back in slowly. I caught alot of weeds, twigs and suspended debris, and even a few bass now and then.
As time passed...I got fancy and starting "darting" the jig, and giving it a sporatic action. That did seem to produce more strikes. I don't use that technique anymore, but I bet it would still work. The shakey head is the rig that Mr. Classic Winner (Van Dam) used to catch that 11#'er out on Lewisville to set a (temporary) record a few months ago....There's always google, if you want to get any information regarding this technique. I tried it recently, and got impatient and moved on to something else.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 12:38 AM   #4
Fishing4Soup

i use the zoom trick worm in bright colors and shake it on a jighead at the bottom and i also use a curly-tail grub on a shakey-head jig. Shaking the jighead on the bottom works great for me.
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 09:14 PM   #5
Fish2win

There is a new worm rig out. It is called the shaky head worm. they have it at BPS. it is a straight tail worm with a odd shaped hook that is made on a starnge looking bikk or spoon. It causes the worm to wiggle or swim when you move it in the water. It is called the shaky head worm. This is what I am asking about. Fish2win
Old 02-08-06, 10:42 PM   #6
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish2win
There is a new worm rig out. It is called the shaky head worm.
A new bait and I don't have it yet, where are my priorties

Lizards
Old 02-08-06, 10:43 PM   #7
fishn'fool
BassFishin.Com Member

This isn't a new bait or style, it's been around forever
Old 02-11-06, 08:26 PM   #8
Jackl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default JackL

FISH2WIN,
We fished these "Shakey Head Worms" years ago by rigging a 7 inch worm on a Johnson "Silver Minnow" spoon (You have probably never seen a Silver Minnow either!!!)

JackL
Old 02-12-06, 03:25 AM   #9
lonestarboater

Send a message via AIM to lonestarboater Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarboater

I think berkley came out with one like you described about 6 months ago. The spoon causes the bait to wiggle from side to side. It looks like a very inticing lure to use.
Old 02-12-06, 01:40 PM   #10
Fish2win

Jackl, I was fishing a silver minnow in the 50's. What I am talking about is a new brand and type jig head being sold at Bass Pro Shops in Sevierville Tn.It is new to me anyway. I have seen a jighead like these before but they were very small and light and were used for crappie lures. Originally we didnt put plastic worms as a trailor on the spoon because they had not been invented yet. We used pork strips and fished it as a top water spoon. Lonestar I think you are seeing the same thing I am talking about. It would give a swimming worm a crank bait type action amd make it a chunk and winde lure.The jig head has a diving lip built into it. I can visualize a real bedding bass opportunity. Especially if the retrive can be suspended on the bed. The action would draw the same attention as a blue gill , I dont think anyone here exept us has seen or tried this yet so I guess my question is a little pre-mature. Shaking a worm on a jig head is not the same as this bait. We used jig heads for years before bullet weights or texas rigs were invented,I still fish worms on jig head at times. Thanks guy's. Look at the BPS catalog and check this out. Berkley has a version of it on page 179 of the 2006 Anglers Catalog, The exact one I am talking about is being marketed under the brand name Shakey Head and looks somewhat different from the Berkley. They just hit BPS stores in the last 2 or 3 weeks.The lastest version of the BASS membership packet includes one of these also. Fish2win

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.