Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 01-29-05, 04:52 PM   #1
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20
Default Whats it worth

A friend has a 16' Lake Raider Aluminum Bass boat(designed like a bass tracker) with a 1989 50HP Force 2 Stroke motor.

Nothing wrong with the boat other than just usual wear, except the tilt dosent work right. It has electronic ignition, steering wheel, ETC, as well as electronics.

Nothing wrong with the motor.

He wants to sell it to me but does not no how to price it to me. Being a friend, he does not want to sell it to me for too much, but he also does not want to regrtet it later if he does not get enough for it.

How much do you think it is worth?

Thanks

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-05, 06:22 PM   #2
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman
Default Re: Whats it worth

BOSS,
Call your insurance agent. He should have a NCIC book on boats. If not, call a boat dealer and see what the NCIC Blue Book price is.

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-05, 09:12 PM   #3
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/Zip...4&wPg=1102

Type in your zip code then you can look up outboard prices and the boat and also the stuff that the boat has on it. Then you will get the price. You usually have to do the outboard and the boat seperatly because the boat is priced with no motor.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 10:00 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Whatever YOU'RE willing to pay Not trying to sound like an idiot, but have you decided what you are willing to pay him for it? Make him an offer YOU feel comfortable with, and and he's comfortable with it, then buy it. Since you said it was a freind, have you been in the boat, and used it? If it's a good boat, and you want it then pay whatever YOU think it's worth. If you're just are gonna buy it based on it blue book, then don't buy it, wait until you get one for under blue book, there are lots of those around. JMHO. If it's all about money, then I wouldn't consider it a freindship, that's a business relationship.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 12:32 PM   #5
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

Frankly I wouldn't buy it if it was a steal. Not from a friend. You have a lot better chance that it will end up straining the friendship than that it will help it.

If you find out that you paid more than it was "worth" you're going to be upset. If he finds out that you paid less, he'll be upset. If something happens to it right after you buy it, you'll be mad, he'll feel bad.

I value friendship more than a boat deal. If you're buying a NEW boat from a friend who happens to be a dealer, it's a little different, because of warranty's, but not much really. Even then it's a good chance that someone will end up mad at the other. Kepp business and friendship, (and family) seperate.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 01:13 PM   #6
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

I agree w/ cajun on this. But if you thinking about it. I have a 16.5' alumacraft w/ 50 evinrude,hummingbird fishfinder, tilt worked, set up like bassboat,trailer,one owner who bought it in 89. I paid 2 grand for it. That was with all costs from the dealer. Boat was consignment. So price is gonna be 1600-2100 dollars and thats fair. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.