Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-16-11, 09:00 PM   #1
LeBron_Hill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Lake Horton

Anyone have any tips, techniques, spots for fishing Lake Horton in Fayetteville, GA? I have been twice now and havent caught a bass yet...finally got a bite today but he got off. Any suggestions for this lake? Water level is shallow...like 8 ft and less for most of the lake.
LeBron_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 07:18 PM   #2
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I live up in Cartersville and been here since 2007 and never heard of the lake before this thread, but as close as you are to Westpoint, I would suggest going there instead!
Old 07-17-11, 07:56 PM   #3
LeBron_Hill

I usually go to West Point...havent had much luck their either...seem to just catch a few small fish but nothing major.
Old 08-02-11, 03:35 PM   #4
jjjbluray
BassFishin.Com Member

Lake Horton is an ok lake but it is shallow and has a long gradual slope. I've caught a few bass around the little red house across the lake. You can walk to it if you don't have a boat. I haven't put a boat in there yet but I plan to soon (electric only). You can catch bream there all day! What stinks is the $10 fee to get in. Maybe you can shoot me an email or a PM next time you're that way. I live at West Point lake and have very little luck there so I'm always fishing everywhere else. lol
jjjbluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 08:55 PM   #5
LeBron_Hill

yeah West Point is tough...I have yet to catch a bass out of Horton though so dont know how often I will be fishing it...had some pretty good luck @ Jackson a couple weeks ago so I guess I will be heading there again soon.
Old 08-04-11, 02:31 PM   #6
jjjbluray
BassFishin.Com Member

I haven't been to Jackson Lake in years. It turned into a party lake with jet skis and boats flying everywhere so we stopped going there. Unfortunately West Point is quickly going that route as well. You might try the new Griffin Reservoir. I hear it is a good spot too.
Old 08-04-11, 06:57 PM   #7
LeBron_Hill

what reservoir are you talkin about? If im not mistaken, people round here call the Griffin reservoir the "Dead Sea"...lol. Yeah Jackson has ALOT of boat traffic thats for sure, but alot of the coves seem to carry some pretty decent topwater early in the morning. West Point seems to be big enuf that the boat traffic doesnt affect the fishing as much...just cant seem to find many decent spots to fish on West Point...need to find me a fishing partner to take out on West Point to show me the ropes...lol
Old 08-07-11, 07:51 PM   #8
jjjbluray
BassFishin.Com Member

I believe you with the whole dead sea thing. We went once and didn't get a bite but the regulars there swear by the place and you can see plenty of large hybrids swimming around. The water was really clear that day. And it was $3 instead of $10 like Horton. I've also been told that newnan has a reservoir somewhere that has some decent fish in it. Like you, I'm looking everywhere to find a nice place to fish regularly. I've seen some monsters come out of Lake Meriwether in Woodbury. Everyone says trick worms are the thing there. And crappie are also in abundance. It's pretty quiet there as well and is only $2 a person. Something new to try maybe.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.