Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-18-12, 07:07 PM   #1
IowaBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Tackle Bag

I'm thinking about getting this 370 tackle bag from Bass Pro. It's on sale for $26 and comes with 5 big utility boxes for the main compartment.

Does anyone else have this bag, or a similar one? I'm hoping a spinnerbait box would fit in one of the end-pockets and a worm binder in the other end-pocket.
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 08:10 AM   #2
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I got the bps co- angler bag and love it, it may have a little more room in it.
Old 03-19-12, 08:11 PM   #3
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That seems like an outstanding price if it's a quality bag. For me, brand is a secondary consideration. I'd buy almost any name brand if it's the right size for me and has the pocket sizes and configuration that I want.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 07:46 AM   #4
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
That seems like an outstanding price if it's a quality bag. For me, brand is a secondary consideration. I'd buy almost any name brand if it's the right size for me and has the pocket sizes and configuration that I want.
I thought it was a pretty good deal - it's very big bag. I looked at it in the store and it was around $45 w/ 25% off which made the price $33.75, then saw on-line it was an even better deal. I think the configuration will work for just about anything. I typically don't like the big plano style boxes. They work great for crank-baits, but I tend to have more spinner baits and soft plastics with small assorted size plano boxes for hooks and sinkers. This bag was open enough that I think it could work for just about anything (assuming a spinner-bait box fits in one of the end pockets.)
Old 03-20-12, 12:53 PM   #5
Mumpy

You won't believe what I did the other day. Because the Monkey got on me around February this year, he's had his hand in my Wallet just about every single day, which has caused me to accumulate an unbelievable amount of Tackle.

So, I'm in Wal-Mart and I see this Jeep 27" Multi-Pocket Upright Rolling Duffel Bag

I then head over to the Plano Boxes and grabbed one, opened the bag and sure enough they fit perfectly in it. So I get home and this thing was able to fit 11 of those dang things and it has 6 outside pockets for me to put my Packages of Worms / Creature Baits and Trailers.

Yeppers, I don't carry my Tackle Box, I ROLLLLLLLLL It to the boat!
Old 03-20-12, 09:01 PM   #6
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumpy View Post
Yeppers, I don't carry my Tackle Box, I ROLLLLLLLLL It to the boat!
What, no motorized version?

The monkey broke free today; I pulled the trigger on the bass pro tackle bag. I read some reviews and I'm a little concerned about the zipper strength, but for $26 I figure I'm not out much if they go bad. Plus my girlfriend sews so she could replace them (unless I piss her off by fishing too much.)

I also got a spinnerbait box for one of the end pockets and the $12 finesse worm bag. (There are a couple different sizes of finesse worm binders.) I've wanted one of the finesse worm binders for awhile to carry my smallmouth tackle when I canoe or wade - I'll probably get one of the large double binders for most of my largemouth soft plastics.

I ordered it through the web-site for in-store pick up. For some reason it was $8.50 cheaper on-line than it was in the store. When I get it loaded I'll let everyone know what I think of it.
Old 03-29-12, 03:43 PM   #7
Bosshog
BassFishin.Com Member

I just orded this online too also bought 5 370 boxes. I needed a bigger tackle bag. This seemed like a good deal.
Bosshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:36 PM   #8
basshunter21

This looks like its nicer than the $27 bag I bought at walmart last night.

I figured for $27 I can always just grab a new one after this one craps out.

I was surprised at walmart they sell KVD's Plano bag for like $80, its $120 everywhere else ive seen it unless im missing something.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 02:44 PM   #9
Mumpy

Well, I can say after having fished with my "Tackle" bag that I posted above. I absolutely LOVE IT! All of my buddies are now considering purchasing them one. The dang thing holds soooooooooooo much tackle!
Old 04-02-12, 04:05 PM   #10
Crank-Bait-Frank

I've had that exact same bag since 2003, zippers are in great shape still. It is sun fade but has held up to alot of punishment.
Old 04-03-12, 07:06 PM   #11
Crank-Bait-Frank

BUMP!!
No one has an opinion?? Well, I have enjoyed mine alot. I hope yall do too!
Old 04-03-12, 10:15 PM   #12
IowaBasser

I still haven't been down to BassPro to pick it up! BassPro is about 45 minutes away and I've had a sick kid and busy schedule. I read somewhere that they changed the materials a couple of years ago - basically cheaper materials, so we'll see. I should get it this weekend!
Old 04-07-12, 08:10 AM   #13
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBasser View Post
I'm thinking about getting this 370 tackle bag from Bass Pro. It's on sale for $26 and comes with 5 big utility boxes for the main compartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBasser View Post
I looked at it in the store and it was around $45 w/ 25% off which made the price $33.75, then saw on-line it was an even better deal.
I ordered the tackle bag on-line to be delivered to the closest store. I picked up the bag last night and was extremely disappointed.

Here's the deal; I looked at the bag in the store, wrote down the model number came home and saw it advertised on-line for a better deal. I was so excited!
*The exact same model number in the store and on-line.
*The on-line pictures were exactly what I had seen in the store.
*The price of the bag in the store before the sale was $45.
*The price of the bag on-line before the sale was $45.

You guessed it - It wasn't the same deal. At the store 5 plano-style boxes were included; on-line the boxes were not. After going back to the web-site, it does say that the boxes are not included. I must have had it stuck in my head that the boxes were included because that's how they were packaged at the store. At the store the tackle bag cost $8 more, which now makes sense. Honestly I haven't even taken the bag out of the packaging to look at it cause I will probably return it.

(F.Y.I. five utility boxes: regular price: $6.29 each = $31.45, now on sale for $4.97 each = $24.85)

Our BassProShops is only a year or two old. I thought I was going to love shopping there because I could look up the specifications of rods and reels on-line - then go to the store to check them out in person... but that hasn't been the case - what is offered on-line has not been available in the store. Items they promoted during their spring sale have been out of stock... They tell you the promotions are "While Supplies Last" and explain that they do not offer rain checks. I would have purchased at least one rod-reel combo and possibly more if they had in their store what was advertised.

I've had other issues with sales people who didn't seem to know what they were talking about - telling me they had the same deals in the store as they did on-line only to have them tell me they were wrong 15 minutes later. And now this issue with the tackle bag; all the little stuff is mounting up. I'm about done shopping at BPS, either on-line or in person. I'll be ordering from tackle warehouse in the future.

Last edited by IowaBasser; 04-07-12 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-08-12, 05:58 PM   #14
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bought that same bag a couple years ago, it's treated me well. No torn seams, broke zippers or nothin.

At that price, go for it, the the original price, go for it!
Old 04-08-12, 09:33 PM   #15
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you see something on sale online, a lot of times you have to go to customer service and have them look up the online add. They will always match the price but often times things on sale on the website aren't on sale in the store.
Old 04-09-12, 05:08 PM   #16
Mumpy

I just received an Email from BPS. That Tackle bag is now on sale for 16.95!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.