Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 11-24-11, 09:39 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default I have been spread pretty thin lately

I haven't been on the site near as much as usual the last few weeks. I have just been really busy with a contractor because Britney and I are strongly leaning towards building a house. We have met with the contractor 3 or 4 times now and after looking at a few houses that he has built and one that he is about to wrap up we finally came up with a floor plan. Then he brought the floor plan by the house so we could modify it to fit what we wanted and then he brought the updated floor plans by the house and we made changes to them haha. Anyways we have the land, and we have the floor plans. We have been over the contract with the contractor and discussed all of our allowances and as far as we know we are sitting on go. There are just a few things we still have to work out. First of all due to the fact that our land is in an impacted area from mining a well would cost us $25,000 to put in (thanks for nothing EPA). Rural water is ran out to our land but they want $3,500 to hook up to it because they will have to drill under the road to get to the water line. Our contractor is going to call them this week and see what he can get done because he said that as far as he knows it is their responsability to provide water to our land and then we would pay a fee to hook a meter up. All of that is above my head so I am going to let him check on it since he deals with this stuff a lot more than I do. As long as things keep going like they are now, it looks like we might be breaking ground within a month or so. Wish us luck!!!

So tomorrow dad and I are headed to the lake for a overdue day of father son smack talk and fishing competition lol. Britney and I whipped up on him and my cousin a few times this tournament season so I am sure he has a score he would like to settle lol. The boat is in the driveway with the batteries charged and I added fuel stabilizer to the tank just in case we get going on the house and I am not able to make it out again this winter. I seen where Pro Reel is leading the World Series of Fishing tournament right now and I am giving myself one day to change that as well lol.
Old 11-24-11, 10:15 PM   #2
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow, sounds good. Congrats on getting the new house going. Also, good luck tomorrow, I am heading out as well, and i'm sure your weather will be much warmer than mine, although 60 for the end of November in northern Ohio isn't bad!! Go get em'

Ryan
Old 11-24-11, 10:59 PM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

WTG Kory. I know y'all have been looking for a while. I hope it's the house of y'alls dreams.
Old 11-25-11, 02:10 AM   #4
bamabassman

fantastic kory. glad oyu and britney are getting a house to YOUR design. and i agree with the contractor aobu tthe water. THEY have to provide oyu with water, so it's THEIR responsibility to dig and pay for the road. your contractor seems ot know his stuff.
and go over the drawings again and again pal. look at EVERYTHING. even if it's just a handle for a cabinet door or how many drawers and outlet plugs on the walls. plug outlets are one of my pet peeves. NEVER TOO MANY OUTLETS KORY. think aobut how many lamps, clocks, electric blanket for the bed, tv, sattelite, vcr/dvd player, radio.........you get the idea. trust me on the outlets pal. oyu DON'T want extension cords running all over the floor. fire hazzard man.

but you seem to beon the right track. we would love to see the plans if oyu can find the time to post em up.

good luck on the house and i hope your dad whups oyu fishing, hahaha!!!
Old 11-25-11, 04:07 AM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
fantastic kory. glad oyu and britney are getting a house to YOUR design. and i agree with the contractor aobu tthe water. THEY have to provide oyu with water, so it's THEIR responsibility to dig and pay for the road. your contractor seems ot know his stuff.
and go over the drawings again and again pal. look at EVERYTHING. even if it's just a handle for a cabinet door or how many drawers and outlet plugs on the walls. plug outlets are one of my pet peeves. NEVER TOO MANY OUTLETS KORY. think aobut how many lamps, clocks, electric blanket for the bed, tv, sattelite, vcr/dvd player, radio.........you get the idea. trust me on the outlets pal. oyu DON'T want extension cords running all over the floor. fire hazzard man.

but you seem to beon the right track. we would love to see the plans if oyu can find the time to post em up.

good luck on the house and i hope your dad whups oyu fishing, hahaha!!!
Plug ins are a big time pet peev of mine too. I absolutley hate how some houses have very few plug ins. In this house we will also have a walkout basement which we will have the contractor leave unfinished. The reason for leaving it unfinished is that we are going to be building me a big shop for the boat, tackle room, rod building room, and work area on down the road but for now the basement will be my man cave. I am having him put an overhead door in the basement so I can actually back the Triton in there. I will build a few walls to create a room just for the boat. Then I will make a few other rooms as well including one for tackle and one for rod building. On down the road when we decide to build the shop I will then take these walls down and we will finish the basement complete with a bar and pool table (I am also working on Britney about a stripper pole in the basement but so far that isn't looking too good lol). You can't count an unfinished basement as living area so until we finish it we will have a house that is roughly 1,600 square feet and once we finish the basement it will be considered roughly 3,200 square feet. But finishing the basement and building a shop is more like a 5 or 10 year plan.

Here are the floor plans. I labeled most everything to give you a better idea of what we are doing.

A few of the things we changed are:

1. Although the spare bedrooms aren't all that big, they were actually a lot smaller to begin with. We actually eliminated one bedroom and stretched the remaining two out a little more.

2. We told the contractor to insulate the laundry room to cut down on noise.

3. We actually added the linen closet altogether, there wasn't one at all in the floor plans to begin with.

4. The wall seperating the living room from the hallway extended out to the entry way in the begining. We cut it almost in half to give more of an open feeling and make the living room a little bigger.

5. We totally re-designed the master bathroom and walk in closet. The closet was a lot smaller in the begining and now the bathroom is laid out a lot better. We also put the toilet in a small room of it's own, I am sure I don't need to tell you why lol.

6. Britney had the contractor put a door into the laundry room just inside the garage entry door. This way if we come inside and are muddy or wet for whatever reason then we won't mess the house up.

7. I had him go with 9 foot garage doors rather than 8 foot so I would be able to get my truck in without folding the mirrors in. Also we had him extend it out about 4 or 5 feet deeper to allow plenty of room to get around my truck when it's in the garage.
Old 11-25-11, 04:32 AM   #6
1/4 stick

Cool. I really like that layout.
Old 11-25-11, 09:23 AM   #7
joedog

Very nice layout. Boy, watching a dream go up from ground up is a very exciting!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 09:52 AM   #8
lilmule

5 years ago SE Ohio they wanted 1,000 just to cross via under over a small asphalt road,considered additional expenses other than hookup fee as line not exactly to you,other side of road etc,plus often its so much $ per hundred ft.
Electric can also be a pia.costing a fair bit,if back off the grid a few hundred feet.
Nice plans,suggestion when you build walls for the boat allow for a larger boat.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 09:57 AM   #9
keithdog

Glad to see you and Britney are working on the house of your dreams bud. You'll have to post pics from time to time when you get construction. Floor plans look sweet! My wife won't go for the pole idea either, haha. Good luck with your day out on the water. Let us know how you and your dad do!
Old 11-25-11, 10:19 AM   #10
bamabassman

LOVE IT KORY!!! one thing to add toyour 5-10 yr plan.......extend the rear deck to ya'lls bedroom. take out a window and add a door. think hot tub out back by your bedroom pal. as for the stripper pole in the basement, tell britney it ain't for her excatly. we all know YOU like dancing on the pole. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! she can toss you some bait monkey bills as you dance for her.

i truly like the floor plans and you are on top of it all buddy. i like the fact that you are looking FORWARD as the years go. that makes a great HOME, not just a house. congrats to you pal. ya'll are gonna love it i know.

you can make mine and lisa's bedroom in the basement for when we come out there for a visit. there should be planty of room, lol. that way, we won't wake oyu up when we take out the boat while oyu are waking up to go to work. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 11-25-11, 01:49 PM   #11
woody

I like it!

I'm also in favor of the -open concept- and -split bedroom- floor plan. Looks good!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 03:16 PM   #12
Jrob78

Congratulations Kory! I'm excited for you!!
Old 11-25-11, 10:29 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Thanks fellas. We still have a few big hurdles to clear before we get too excited, but so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
LOVE IT KORY!!! one thing to add toyour 5-10 yr plan.......extend the rear deck to ya'lls bedroom. take out a window and add a door. think hot tub out back by your bedroom pal. as for the stripper pole in the basement, tell britney it ain't for her excatly. we all know YOU like dancing on the pole. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! she can toss you some bait monkey bills as you dance for her.
John, extending the deck to the master bedroom is actually in the plans as well. In fact that may come sooner than 5 or 10 years because there has been heavy talk about a hot tub. We want to do away with the windows and add french doors out to the deck. One concern there though is the weight of the hot tub being on the deck because the deck will actually be around 8 or 10 feet in the air. I would still like to extend the deck to the master bedroom even if we need to build a lower level deck with the hot tub.
Old 11-25-11, 10:31 PM   #14
bamabassman

it can be done kory. jsut use more bracing bud. i like it kory.
Old 11-25-11, 10:38 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

By the way........ I whipped dad today too lol.

Actually his big fish was just a few ounces smaller than my big fish so I don't guess that would be considered a whipping, more like a slight victory.
Old 11-26-11, 11:01 AM   #16
bamabassman

hahaha, shame on you kory. nice catch buddy.
Old 11-26-11, 10:44 PM   #17
Bassboss

Sounds good Kory! Hope it all works out for ya.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.