Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-28-05, 07:53 PM   #1
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default [HELP] Any idea how to change spinnerbait or buzzbait fast.

Any idea how to change spinnerbait or buzzbait fast, or how to tie these kind lures effectively?

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited by H2O; 07-28-05 at 08:00 PM.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 08:14 PM   #2
NJRapala46
BassFishin.Com Member

uhm....im kind of unsure as to what you are asking, but I'm thinking the correct answer would be:

Tie an improved clinch knot. If you don't know this knot, then learn it, because it is THE best knot (palomar is good too). To change the lure, just cut the line and retie it. Or have one rod with a spinner bait and then another rod with a buzzbait ready.
NJRapala46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 08:25 PM   #3
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRapala46
uhm....im kind of unsure as to what you are asking, but I'm thinking the correct answer would be:

Tie an improved clinch knot. If you don't know this knot, then learn it, because it is THE best knot (palomar is good too). To change the lure, just cut the line and retie it. Or have one rod with a spinner bait and then another rod with a buzzbait ready.
Thanks, pal.

I know how to tie an improved clinch knot. Any more trick?

Last edited by H2O; 07-28-05 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-28-05, 08:37 PM   #4
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If you don't want to take the time to retie get some aquarium tubing and cut off a real short length. Push it on the wire to where the wire sticks out and attach it with a snap or locking swivel. I'd just take the time to retie.
Old 07-28-05, 09:32 PM   #5
JB

If you sit down on a rainy day and tie and re tie the same knot for practise, by the next time you hit the water u wont believe how easy tieing a knot will seem.

As far as changing the motion of a buzzbait, you can pull the top wire that has the blade on it down towards the body (the lower wire with lead and skirt)
this will make it ride dif in the water plus add a clacking noise to it

On the spinnerbait, you can open or close the distance that blades are compared to the hook...also a huge grub will slow the travel on both these baits a whole bunch,,try that ...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 09:37 PM   #6
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

Also you can bend the blade tip of the buzz bait at different angles. The more of a bend you put in the blade the slower it will go and vice versa. Also for your spinner, you can take a 1/8 drill bit (or bigger) and drill a hole in the middle of your blade. This will put off a different accoustic pattern something they might not have heard before.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 09:47 PM   #7
wareagle_fb5308
BassFishin.Com Member

Default ? for NJ rapala

hey NJ rapala i saw on one of your other posts that you said something about ike having a book? i was wondering where you got it from....i want to get it...thanx
Old 07-28-05, 09:54 PM   #8
Hef

Wareagle.... I just bought it the other day. Wal-Mart.....$15

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Old 07-28-05, 09:55 PM   #9
Hef

Buy it, the best book I ever read. I couldn't put it down. Well worth the money.

- Gen Patton
Old 07-28-05, 09:55 PM   #10
H2O

Appreciate you guys' ideas!

BTW, any clue about this one:

Booyah Dancin' Buzz.
Old 07-28-05, 10:08 PM   #11
wareagle_fb5308
BassFishin.Com Member

Default title

what is the title of the book hef?
Old 07-28-05, 11:20 PM   #12
NJRapala46
BassFishin.Com Member

the book is called "Fishing on the Edge" and its by Mike Iaconelli )you already knew that one, haha). I got it at borders for 20 bucks. Apparantly its at walmart too. I would imagine they would have it at any big bookstore though. Its really a great book. haha, read it in about 7 hours.

and H2O- I was trying to help you out, but you left an amazingly vague question, and surpirisingly enough, a lot of people dont know how to tie an ICK. No, need for the attitude bud.
NJRapala46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 12:16 AM   #13
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRapala46
and H2O- I was trying to help you out, but you left an amazingly vague question, and surpirisingly enough, a lot of people dont know how to tie an ICK. No, need for the attitude bud.
Sorry about confusing you guys, English is my second language.(ESL) My question was: Is there any trick to change spinnerbait fast rather than cut the line? If not, I'm still OK with cutting line as I did before.
Any way, I appreciate all you guys' help. I think I can learn a lot here.
Old 07-29-05, 12:56 AM   #14
Rebbasser

H2O, I'd take the time to cut the line and retie. I trust my knots more than any snap or swivel. If you don't use or know it, I'd start using a Palomar knot:

http://www.fish4fun.com/palomarknot.htm

Quick, easy to tie, and is one of the strongest knots out there.
Old 07-29-05, 02:34 AM   #15
Spandextros
BassFishin.Com Member

Not to mention if you use braided line use the palomer knot because the clinch will break the line
Old 07-29-05, 02:45 AM   #16
Cuban_Cigar
BassFishin.Com Member

Somes lures just can't be done lazily.....but if you have spurts of energy through out the day and your local regulations allow it...I guess your budget too...get a boat load of rods all tied with different lures. Personally I like to have a top-water/mid-water lure on one rod and a worm/similar bottom lure on another. Regs around here allow for only 2 poles a person. Depends on time of day if I go top or middle.
Cuban_Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 02:58 AM   #17
Spandextros
BassFishin.Com Member

I didn't know that you could only have 2 poles on you, I thought it was only 1 pole in the water at a time.
Old 07-29-05, 03:26 AM   #18
Cuban_Cigar
BassFishin.Com Member

Hmmm...maybe I have misunderstood this my whole life along with everyone I know...Damned back woods can't read english hill billy town! Heheh...anyhoot...I have always only brought two poles with me in fear of getting a ticket...the wording on the signs and in the books is "Two poles per person". Maybe I take it too seriously. Maybe it does mean 2 IN WATER max....I live in Illinois...anyone live in Illinois know any different?
Old 07-29-05, 11:50 AM   #19
KenDammit

don't live in IL but I would take it as meaning, you can only fish two poles at one time. A lot of catfish guys will rig up 4 5 or 6 poles at once, crappie fishermen do it, too. This limits the amount of fish you'll catch at once. Usually you can have one deadline pole and one other to fish with. I would guess you can carry as many as you want as long as they are not all in the water at the same time.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 06:33 PM   #20
zooker

i never switch actually if i have a blade on -we all know what that one will be-i just turn the bulge running blade into one that can trickle along the surface -took me a while to build one that would do it right but i have figured it out..

zooker
Old 07-30-05, 11:30 AM   #21
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

palomar knot or i really like the double palomar knot for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits
Old 07-31-05, 08:05 PM   #22
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
Sorry about confusing you guys, English is my second language.(ESL) My question was: Is there any trick to change spinnerbait fast rather than cut the line? If not, I'm still OK with cutting line as I did before.
Any way, I appreciate all you guys' help. I think I can learn a lot here.
Yes as Rebasser stated. Get s small piece of tubing, I use the tubing given with some of the trailer hooks or some that comes with the glow sticks you put on a bobber. Slide a little piece the "R" bend. Then tie a "Duolock", not a snap swivel to your line. I use this for cranks, also. I usually don't use it anymore on spinnerbaits, because I don't change the chart/wht one I have tied on very often The tubing is also supposed to help make the "R" bend last longer, I have my doubts on that one though. Anyway the tubing is the trick. It will keep the DUOLOCK from slippping arround. I have complete and utter confidence in the Duolocks. I have pulled in things resembling corpses, and still kept fishing them until I pulled in the casket to go with it.

Lizards
Old 08-01-05, 11:09 PM   #23
LubbockFisher
BassFishin.Com Member

Here in Texas we take a whole rod box full of poles to the lake. You can only have two in the water at a time. Of course that only matters when crappie or catfishing and stuff.
LubbockFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-05, 11:28 PM   #24
Rebbasser

Glad to know that, Lubbock-I have a whole rod box full. Got checked by the game warden about 6 weeks ago and had six on seven on the deck, but only one in the water.
Old 08-02-05, 12:02 AM   #25
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I carry seven w/ me. S/R- carolina rig, S/R- unweighted plastics, S/R- multi purpose- if I need a topwater or crank or a different set up for plastics. B/C- spinnerbait, B/C- spinnerbait, B/C-buzzbait, B/C- hard jerk or ratltrap. Sounds like a lot but Im inheritantly lazy. This way I work a certain lure, no luck, drop the pole pick up another and keep going. I usually keep 2-3 different colors of spinnerbaits on at all times.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.