Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-26-09, 02:14 PM   #26
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well I bought a 2002 Tracker Avalanche, W/150 merc. XR6 motor, can not wait for a warm day (50) to go really check her out!!
What a xmas gift to myself!!! With the wifes blessing!!!

Now I'm selling my old boat:
1994 Tracker Magna 17, with a 95 115mariner, full wrap around windshield, 50ftpd minn-kota 12V TM, w/galvanized trailer, newer trailer about 6 years old I'm guessing, eagle 320c deptfinder, the large screen one. Everything works great on this boat, and a great deal for the beginner. Yes it's in ruff shape, it was my first boat, but she floats and runs great. Asking 4grand.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 02:38 PM   #27
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Congratulations, Harold!

I think you're going to really like your Avalanche. With the XR6, you'll be able to do over 60 mph.

I'm hoping you do get to join us at Dale Hollow, even if it's only for a day.
Old 12-26-09, 03:07 PM   #28
bassfisher

Thanks Bryce for all the information you gave me on your Avalanche, if it wasn't for you, I'd have another boat in my driveway, and not this SWEET one I have now!!! I do know the previous owner had no idle what regular mantenance was. But I'm having fun learning my new boat!! Come on 50degree day/weather!! haha

I'll do my best on dale hollow this spring!! Never been, but looking forward too it and in meeting a bunch of you guys to boot!!
Old 12-27-09, 12:16 AM   #29
BeaverIslander

I started shopping for a used Tracker this Summer and ended up with a used 17.5' glass boat that fell nicely into my price range. Its a 2004 Stratos 275 Pro XL with a Johnson Bombardier 90 in great shape, and it tops out at 46-48 mph and is about as stable as can be. Not too heavy either.

Having fished extensively in aluminum bass boats and now a smaller glass boat, I think that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

That said, whether you go tin or glass, look into used boats! For that amount, you can do a whole lot better than a Tracker. The Stratos 275 or Triton Explorer are what come to mind.
BeaverIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-09, 12:30 AM   #30
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Beaver...do you know what an Avalanche looks like? I'm not trying to be an a-hole here.

It just gets tiring, everytime I tell someone I have an Avalanche, and they give me the venerable "oh, you could have gotten so much more in a fiberglass boat" speech. 99% of the time, I can tell because they heard the word "Tracker," they think I'm hauling some jonboat type of thing.

Harold...welcome to my Hell. hahaha
Old 12-27-09, 01:10 AM   #31
BeaverIslander

They're nice boats from what I've heard. I had a Tracker PT in mind.
BeaverIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 06:27 PM   #32
bassfisher

That's okay, I like it and that's all that matters. It will suit my needs prefect!!
Old 01-24-10, 10:23 PM   #33
Boltzie

We purchased basically that exact same boat last summer (2004 Tracker TX185 Special Edition) with the Merc 90 on it. I consistantly get 43 to 45 mph out if it. It had a 21 pitch Stainless Laser II prop on it for better performance. The boat handles well as long as you have it trimmed correctly and handles rough water well.

Scott
Boltzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.