Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-04-12, 11:11 PM   #1
tc_firefighter311
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Pitching and flippin set up.

Hello everyone. Im new to this site. Im looking into getting me a flippin and pitching set up. Money is a little tight right now. Just bought my first fishing boat, new to me anyways i bought a 1997 tracker pro 17 redone all the wood and carpet in her and made her shine. So im on a budget for a while. Looking for a good set up to start out for this year and then up grade next year to a upper end rod and reel. Have to keep the wife happy. So any input would be great. Thanks Tommy
tc_firefighter311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 11:22 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the forum Tommy, I am sure you will get allot of opinions on your question.

IMO a good place to start would be a 7ft MH F rod with a reel somewhere in the 6.4:1 gear ratio. There are better setups for flippin and pitchin, but this setup will give you allot of versatility.
Old 05-05-12, 12:27 AM   #3
LittleBigBass
BassFishin.Com Member

There are a lot of options for reels I know of that are decent if you are not trying to put a dent in the piggy bank. I recommend Most Abu Garcia reels especially the black max, silver max, and pro max....Also, Im not sure if the sale is still going on but BPS had Pro qualifiers on sale for about $80.00....But honestly the best quality combo for the price would be the black max combo that is on sale at wal mart and Dicks Sporting goods. It is only $70.00 and you get a decent pole with a good reel...Hope this helps
LittleBigBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 08:01 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey TC, I can completely relate to your situation. I don't know what your budget is so I will suggest this in hopes you can swing it. The Garcia Vendetta rod is about the best low/mid priced rod I know of. As Tavery suggested, the 7'MH/F is the way to go. Pair that up with a Garcia Revo S from Tackle Warehouse.Com for $99.00 amd you have an awsome combo for $200.00.

Ohhhhh, and welcome to the best darn bass fishin site around!
Old 05-07-12, 05:10 PM   #5
Mumpy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Abu Garcia Black Max Reel for 49.99/descpage-BXMX.html

Abu Garcia Vendetta Rod for 79.95/descpage-AGVCR.html

All of this with Free shipping and you've got yourself a DAMN Nice set up for just under 130 bucks.

Hell, I may buy that set up now after looking at it and that price!
Old 05-07-12, 11:44 PM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Know what you can budget out for a single setup would definitely help. On a budget to some may be a $60 combo while to others it may be a $200 combo.

BB
Old 05-08-12, 12:25 AM   #7
Kimberly Cook
BassFishin.Com Member

Agree with you..... Good and helpful answered by you.... Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Hey TC, I can completely relate to your situation. I don't know what your budget is so I will suggest this in hopes you can swing it. The Garcia Vendetta rod is about the best low/mid priced rod I know of. As Tavery suggested, the 7'MH/F is the way to go. Pair that up with a Garcia Revo S from Tackle Warehouse.Com for $99.00 amd you have an awsome combo for $200.00.

Ohhhhh, and welcome to the best darn bass fishin site around!

Kimberly Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 11:11 PM   #8
tc_firefighter311
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the input. Budget is around 150, So there is a couple of good leads on here i wll have to check out. Thanks Guys and Gals.
tc_firefighter311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 08:39 AM   #9
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the site tc !
I'm not going to give suggestions cause these folks know reels and poles better than me.
My only input is once you've made a choice or two,
try to get one in your hands to get some sort of feel especially the pole but in my opinion a pitching reel has to have a real good fit (varies person to person)) because it's such a 'feel type technique'.
2 shop the internet hard, unless your in a hurry with todays market almost anything can be found with a deal or discount. One shops hot seller is another shops can't get rid of what they got challenge and manufacturers now seem to have prices set high enough that rebating and such is now common. There are great deals to be had out there for those who can resist the 'I need it tommorrow' temptation. I usually can't and I can't even begin to tell you how many purchases I've made just to find 'ALOT' better deal on the web or from my very helpfull fellow shoppers around the post shortly after getting my new equipment. So once you've made a choice come back to site and tell everyone exactly what you want and I can almost guarantee someone here knows where to get a 'deal' on it.

Have fun with the new boat and have fun and a great season of fishing!

Lastly I can only assuume your still in the fire business so, THANKS!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.