Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-09, 06:37 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Orra SX?

Anybody else as interested as I am about this reel?
Anyone had a chance to handle one?
Old 11-16-09, 06:56 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I was sort of curious why they stepped out of their "Revo" naming for this reel. I have no evidence to support my theory but here goes.

My guess is that they put 2009 Revo SX parts into a (cheaper) non-Xcraftic alloy body to reduce cost, while they revamped the Revo SX for 2010. So what you're getting is a 2009 Revo SX with a cheaper body. I think this reel is meant to take the marketing niche of the Revo S. Can anyone confirm they have seen a Revo S for 2010?

Man, I am borderline paranoid delusional haha. Remember, all theory.

Still probably a very good reel for the price.
Old 11-16-09, 07:20 PM   #3
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I was sort of curious why they stepped out of their "Revo" naming for this reel. I have no evidence to support my theory but here goes.

My guess is that they put 2009 Revo SX parts into a (cheaper) non-Xcraftic alloy body to reduce cost, while they revamped the Revo SX for 2010. So what you're getting is a 2009 Revo SX with a cheaper body. I think this reel is meant to take the marketing niche of the Revo S. Can anyone confirm they have seen a Revo S for 2010?

Man, I am borderline paranoid delusional haha. Remember, all theory.

Still probably a very good reel for the price.
Your probably right,It makes good sense,sense they advertise it as ''Revo performance'' haha.
I bet its smooth little reel though...I hope it does have the R-SX parts..Hopefully the shop down the street will have them in stock soon ...and in three months on Ebay they'll be a steal!!
Old 11-16-09, 07:59 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Nofear, abu is planning on bringing out a new SX for 2010.

I doubt they put old revo parts in it though.

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 11-17-09 at 08:25 AM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 08:35 PM   #5
Bassboss

I'm pretty curious myself about it! But I've asked about it on an other forum, and they say (and I agree), that a BPS pro Qualifier would be a better deal for 100 bucks.
Old 11-16-09, 09:20 PM   #6
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Nofear, abu is planning on bringing out a new SX for 2010.

I doubt they put old revo parts in it though.

BB
Not Revo SX, BB144...the Revo S. I have seen a 2010 SX...It is SWANK looking. Probably the best looking Revo ever. Maybe even better looking than the Premier or STX. I just haven't seen a Revo S for 2010 is all. I'm a conspiracy lover haha.
Old 11-17-09, 08:25 AM   #7
BigBassin144

Nofear, sorry I read and responded on my cell phone earlier, but yes, they are planning on keeping the S

From Tackle Tour:

"Revo S Casting Reel: Not only are the higher end Revos get upgraded but the Revo S as well. The low profile S get's the new Pitch Centrifugal Brake System. The new brake design provides better cast control reducing backlashes whether pitching, flipping, or on long casts. How it works is that the cast control system uses six brake blocks, three that are spring loaded and three that aren't, working independently for different types of casts. The new improved Revo S will still retail for the same price of $129.95 and will be at stores in October 2009."

Also, I don't think the Revo SX is made with the X-Craftic. I could be wrong, but I think only the higher end reels are. I know the Skeet Reese is, The new Premier is, the new STX is, but don't even think the old premier has it. (but again, I could be wrong.

BB
Old 11-17-09, 09:53 AM   #8
bassboogieman

I not a big fan of HOOKED ON PHONICS, but Orra SX, to me reads: ORAL SEX. Has Abu gone subliminal?
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 10:40 AM   #9
nofearengineer

Haha...wonder how long Boogie's post will remain.

BB144, thanks for the information. My theory is shot to heck. Oh well, it looks like Abu found a way to drop a reel into the $100 price point that existed between the Revo's and the Max reels. Win-win for fishermen.

I found the article you referred to. Now tell me the Revo SX isn't great looking. As long as your rod isn't bending from fish, you can still stare dreamily at your sweet looking reel.

Old 11-17-09, 04:08 PM   #10
WaffleJaw

That is a sweet looking reel!!

Yea I just wanted to post that,hahaha
Old 11-19-09, 01:34 AM   #11
TN_Bassin

I would be afraid of boat rash with all revos. The paint likes to chip off the very sexy body.

The Orra sounds to me like an inbetween the Revos and the Maxs. Anyone have a price on the 2010 Revo S?
Old 11-19-09, 08:18 AM   #12
BigBassin144

TN, I believe the new Revo S is supposed to have the same price (like the SX and STX). I think the only one that received and "upgrade" in price was the Premier, which was upgraded to 280 (The same as the Skeet Reese).

I wonder If they'll be upgrading the Skeet Reese for 2010 as well? I sure think it could use it!

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.