Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-09, 01:36 AM   #51
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to lazycricket000

yep startin to look good
Old 02-20-09, 11:30 AM   #52
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

I got a present today!

oh.. wahts in side?

thanks cap! the ****ing lever is kinda hard to move but i'll probally lube it up...
i've gotta go outta town in a bit so i'll drop the payment off then
Old 02-20-09, 05:42 PM   #53
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

cool!!! now ya ain't gotta use the paddle as tiller controller huh?
Old 02-20-09, 10:11 PM   #54
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

yaaaaa now more paddle ty god
Old 02-20-09, 10:28 PM   #55
MrPhotographer06

nooopee

probally hang the motor sometime next week..

2/20/09
Day out of school=progress... started at around 11:00...I had to leave at 2:00 to eat and go to practice but i was back on it at 5:30 and quit at 8:30

Theres the cable ends [ones 3ft and ones 4ft too long ] but they were free..there goin in there..haha

the hardened fiberglass

yeah, its gunna be RR'd [redneck rigged] but it'll work.. i'll make a little bracket to go in it and tighten the nut down.

the back piece..still gotta cut the hole for the bilge well but i did all that cutting with a tape mesure and a penil/paper.. and then transfered it to the big one. and still had to trim a little..

i love how close i got it to the edge too! ..less fiberglass

Theres some more pics of the back.

I got the molding on today..until i paint it this will be the last time it goes on.. paint will probally be the "winter project " before crappie fishin in like january.. and then i'll go ahead and replace the lip boards that it screws into.

Some more of the 'glass work

I found a hole that i didnt cover.. crap.. i thought the livewell dipped down in there but it dipps down over the next stringer, so i'm gunna throw a piece of wood over it so its not an open hole.

Front.

livewell doors. yeah, i have them off set so when i carpet it there will be a little lip for each door. i was planning on a little bit more room between the doors for the carpet but i guess it'll be a snug fit now..

open door...

And finnaly the wooden pieces for the side that you put stuff behind.. and then the control box goes on it. I'll probally polyurethane it and make it look good.. or just exterior paint it and make it normal.

I was gunna put those togeather but my grandpa was having a fit that i was out there too late [8:30] and it was too cold [33 deg]..

yeah thats kinda cold to be out working at night with no heat... in SC haha
Old 02-20-09, 10:42 PM   #56
bamabassman

buddy.............. this is gonna be a great rig once you get her finished. i for one am very proud of you. keep it up man. you'll be more proud of yourself for doing this. and when you are old and grey and have a kid of your own, you can watch and help him/her do this and give pointers too. great job....great job.
Old 02-20-09, 10:56 PM   #57
MrPhotographer06

i cant wait!.. i'm gunna get the motor hung and wired up..then of course test run it for a while.. then start on the casting deck probally tuesday or wedensday if i can get all of that screwed down [its just layin in there on those pics] but my dad wants to trim the fiberglass a little bit more..

i'm really disapointed in myself on the front piece of the floor.. i measured the front and the back .. and i forgot the boat was bowed out... so i have a straight cut and a big gap on the side.. but its gunna be fiberglassed on the sides and the deck will be there we should be alright.. i wont see it

I was thinking today .. well alot of thinking.. about the work, then all the fishing thats gunna be done in it, lazers sig quote for some reason [Laser's rule with Merc's doing the pushing..........KEEP THE WETSIDE DOWN AND THE DRY SIDE UP!!!!!!] and the time put into it..

and i've practicly done all of it by my self..

hours into it...
dad:5 or so probally..
Anthony.20-25...probally pretty close.. he was there for the whole tear out and re-floor..
grandpa:7 or so.. he watches alot and asks if he can help.. and i say no, then he leaves and i need him.. lol.. but a full sheet of plywood isnt that bad.. haha
Cody and Murph..2 the two guys that helped for one afternoon.. when i had my cast on..
ME:40+.. i've put in from 3-6 every day this week and last week almost and then from 11-2 5:30-8:30.. thats 35 or so right there.. then all this summer when we were workin on it, and the years before..

and then even if the floors rotted.. i'll still be able to say in 30 years that Yep.. when we were 16, me and anthony [probally sittin next to me ..] built that boat by ourselves
Old 02-21-09, 11:53 PM   #58
MrPhotographer06

well i couldnt let the post go dormant for a whole day.. wasnt home today except this mornin.. and i put the wood side rail things i made for it in the boat and had to go.. i left them in the back of the truck outside last night and the little plastic box of screws fell in the boat and it was so cold that it broke to pieces and there are some nuts and bolts under the bottom wood..

my dad was talkin today.. he wanted to trim the fiberglass off.. and then get the top on it.. i said i've already done it. He said well the back needs to be sanded down, ground down to the fiberglass not glass on top of the gell coat.. so its one piece.. and if you leave it like that its ugly.. i said well i'm puttin the plate on it, it'll take care of it.. he said well its not my boat, i dont care.. whatever you want to do, it dosent matter..

dont have school monday but i'll be out of town tomorrow till about 4:15 so i'll get some time in it tomorrow, and monday we dont have school... should get to work on it bout 12 [got a doc. appt ] and anthony [fishin buddy/buildin buddy] is commin over.

hopefully i can get the thru-hull sealed.. then the livewell down and tight while the attwod Marine Sealent i bought hardens.. its a silicone but for thru-hull fittings and stuff..

then i'll screw the livewell down but i've got to re-bondo the crack in the rail before i can bolt it up.

also.. what would yall figure for extra weight for my boat

Front casting deck [3/8" plywood and studs]
Rear box/casting deck for gas tank,batts and stuff[ 1/2" plywood and studs]
1/2" floor [on top of other floor]

i really want the back deck too.. but if it adds too much then i wont i need a guestimate.. i'm already gunna just be able to take 3 ppl.. esp. with my 35....

Last edited by MrPhotographer06; 02-21-09 at 11:58 PM.
MrPhotographer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 09:29 PM   #59
MrPhotographer06

2/22/09
Well i didnt get home till about 4:15 from a sea cadet drill [www.seacadets.org is the national website..]
so i didnt wanna pull the boat out.. so i put the side panels togeather.. and then i took the control cable box and stuck the screws in about half way...then routed them how they'd probally go.. and it was pretty hard to move.. so i took it and the old one [just in case] down to the shop.. and started takin it apart

theres the throttle side

the shifter side...

then theres the gobbed grease in there....

I found out that the cable end was broke ... idk if it was broke before or i dropped it and it broke.. i believe i broke it.. but its not part of the working mechanism.. its really not needed.. and i have another end if needed.. but i'm not sure how to change the ends out or anything

then the shifter side gobbed in grease...
after that i put it in the vice and coiled the cables a little.. and it was ungodfully hard.. to move.. so i straightned it.. and then it was a little easier but still hard.. so i started working it back and forth.. start with with both hands.. until it got about half as hard.. then started with my right arm alone.. .. then the shifter arm.. same way..then it got to where it was pretty easy..
so i had to replicate the way it would be in the boat..

about like that..
so in the shop i set up something similar..

and it was a little harder than the way i had it coiled.. so i worked it and now i can do it single handedly pretty well..
hopefully the cable ends will work .. i'll probally just rig it up.. with some clamps and zip ties =P
but i'll be fishin!
tomorrow my dad wants to try and make the front fit better where i didnt measure in the middle.. and i didnt account for the bow in the hull..
Old 02-22-09, 11:08 PM   #60
MrPhotographer06

http://www.cbhforums.com/index.php?s...threaded&start=
... found this.....
Old 02-23-09, 09:22 PM   #61
MrPhotographer06

well.. no floor progres.. tomorrow i've gotta do that little bit of cutting in the bilge well.. get it all right.. then we've gotta make another front floor.. and finnaly.. Thompson Water Seal it..I've already got it.. and while i was in Florence, the baitmonkey got me good.. and anthony.. we split everything except the rod and the couple lures he got

Thompson Water seal, Exterior screws ,Silicone Sealent,The brass drain tube,Value pack of 25 hooks and 100 weights,6 rod rack,50lb scale ,reel oil and he got a new spinnin rod,rapala suspending jerkbait , a frog and some worms. The man at the marine store is gunna let me borrow his flanging tool as soon as i need it. my uncle works down the road so he can go pick it up the day before i'll need it.

Well when we got home he got the bondo on the back sanded pretty flat so it needs a skim coat.. And i hooked up the control box.

the little cable started slipping from the hard pressure on it, but i took it off then tightened the cable screw things.. then put it back and routed it how it'll probally go.

then..

wait what? whats he standing on?

Yeahhhhhhhh.. we got it built.. that part weighed 23 lbs on that new scale.. so i figure the whole thing weighs about 40 since the other half didnt have the main beam

i've got to get a little aluminum brace made for it [ i made one for the other side] tomorrow and then get the plywood cut for the top.

Then i'm gunna cut the doors out. and then hinge them and then get back on the floor..

we looked at carpet today.. a 6x8 rug is 17.00 or its 52c per square foot.. i'm going to carpet the FLOOR then do the deck so i can remove it.. i'm planning on bracketing it to the floor using a type of L bracket.. so theres not holes all in the wood if i take it up.

because my grandpa said i'm going to regret the deck because he said hes fished out that boat and you need the side to lean on but i said every new bass boat in production has a deck like 4" from the top and mines 6".. he said.. well its your boat i guess... if its windy we'll fish out the back... where there wont be a deck..

and because my dad said.. i guess you took the top off and fixed the transom like i told you, i said no the steel plates going on it and no we just built that.. and he said well its gunna go 15 mph..but whatever..

so i can take it out if need be.
Old 02-23-09, 09:56 PM   #62
bamabassman

again pal....i can't say how impressed and proud i am of you. you are doing absolutly a fantastic job. kepp it up man.
Old 02-23-09, 10:06 PM   #63
MrPhotographer06

i forgot to add.. i finnaly got something positive out of my dad towards it

he was lookin at the pics on my camera and he said " i wish you woulda waited for me .. but it looks good.. its comming along"

if the front seat i'm covering up was to hold one of the 150 lb people.. that 75 lb deck wont weigh it down that much..
Old 02-24-09, 08:37 PM   #64
MrPhotographer06

Well still no floor progress..

but...

its the most redneck thing i've ever created.. but its a deck, i can stand on it and its almost done..

i've still got to box the back side in and then make the doors..the lighter colored wood on the motor side of the deck is 1/2" and the doors will be 1/2" because i need the support i can get on those areas since theres no support under them hardly.

then i've gotta carpet it but tomorrow i'm going to get the rail sanded and re-bondo'd.. as soon as i can get to it so hopefully by tomorrow evening it'll be hardened enough that i can sand it and get the console back in.

and i've got to add a skim coat to this

I'm going to tell my uncle to get the flanging tool from the marine store man tomorrow so i can put it in thursday and i can maybe get to the lake friday or saturday.. i wanna test it out then i'll put the second floor in if its not already done by then.

I'm gunna mount that tomorrow too..

Then the motor afterwards.. or at latest thursday
Old 02-24-09, 08:40 PM   #65
bamabassman

hey...that ain't looking like no redneck deck i ever seen pal. that loooks gooooooodddddddddddd!!!!!!!! after you finish it out. no one will know the difference i am betting.
Old 02-24-09, 08:48 PM   #66
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

yep its finally comin together and i cant wait to get on the water
Old 02-24-09, 09:01 PM   #67
MrPhotographer06

I KNOWWWWW
i like.. jumped up and down for like 15 minutes after i got it back in.. because i put the front piece in and took it out to put some little alumium braces on the supports.. so i just did the rest of it on the ground..

ask anthony ^^ Lazycricket..

when i get really excited.. i like jump up and down.. and yelll haha.. thats what i did today..

hopefully i can get that front piece made tomrrow.. its gunna be split because i've got two scrap pieces and they are like 4x3'9" . the boat is 4'2" at the back of where the sheet goes so at the least i'll have a 1" gap on each side to fiberglass over and to the side. then i've got to make it fit to the boat better than this piece has..
Old 02-24-09, 09:54 PM   #68
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

yea u should have seen him when he lost a fish do to a loose knot lol we where in the john boat and i swear he was about to cut a backflip
Old 02-24-09, 09:56 PM   #69
MrPhotographer06

yeah.. i leaned over to get it and it came off.. and i looked at the line and it had the signature wrinkle in it where the knot came loose.. and i wen t ... and he said..dont you do it.. and i said AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

and i had my new diawa in my hand .. i cooled it and didnt throw it down.. but losing that fish sucked.. i've got the net with my lifejackets and paddles now
Old 02-24-09, 10:08 PM   #70
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

and the fact that i was "stealing his fish" wasnt making him happy either
Old 02-24-09, 10:11 PM   #71
bamabassman

hahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-24-09, 10:12 PM   #72
MrPhotographer06

yeah..everytime i'd get a hit and take it to early.. he'd cast right there and take it..

well when were on the lake.. i'll fish my new deck and you can fish on the back.. so you cant take my fish
Old 02-24-09, 10:13 PM   #73
bamabassman

ain't no rule against that, hehehehehehehehe.
Old 02-24-09, 10:18 PM   #74
MrPhotographer06

well on my glastron there is

i've already named it but theres not enough room to put it across the back really..

maybe on the side. haha

Carolina Dreamin'.. haha

and its not a resturant

Oh i forgot to add to the progres.. my steel plate covered my little serial tag so i drilled the rivets today and i'm going to screw it down to the fiberglass below the plate
Old 02-24-09, 10:25 PM   #75
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
ain't no rule against that, hehehehehehehehe.

yea i agree lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.