Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-07-05, 04:47 PM   #1
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie
Default What do YOU think?

I'm goin to the pond tonight around 6 or so......it start to get dark at about 8:15. The air temp will be about 75 degrees at that time. I want to thro a Tiki stick which i have in the color Watermelon/Black Flake. I'm goin to thro that around a small island that have alot of fallen timber. I will work that on a t-rig until about 7:45. Them I'm think about switching over to may buzz bait that i tried to put the "TRAILER HOOK" on and the main hooks barb broke off. That wont really matter. Do YOU guys think this is a good method?? Thanks

Clay
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 04:55 PM   #2
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Re: What do YOU think?

Sounds like a plan to me!
I wish it was only 75 here, it hardly gets that cool even at night, its 90 out now.
Good luck tonight...I would stick with your plan, and next time you go out plan what worked for ya and maybe throw in a new mix to the equation.
Good luck throwing the buzzbait, I haven't had any luck with it this week, many times when the wind it still I wont pick up a buzz bait, but will go for a stick bait or other chuggers 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 04:59 PM   #3
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

1) I posted this in the wrong place.

2) Its 90 degrees here right now too.

3) Last time i tro a buzzbait(two days ago) i got 4 bass on the first 4 casts.!!! ;D
Old 06-07-05, 05:02 PM   #4
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

awesome! WTG
Old 06-07-05, 05:21 PM   #5
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

[quote author=NJBassDevil link=board=news;num=1118173651;start=0#2 date=06/07/05 at 15:59:55]1) I posted this in the wrong place.

2) Its 90 degrees here right now too.

3) Last time i tro a buzzbait(two days ago) i got 4 bass on the first 4 casts.!!! ;D[/quote]

clay you got three bass I got one of them on a buzzbait, making the total of 4 you missed 2 good hits though
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:24 PM   #6
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, ok i confess....I had 4 hit on the first 4 casts and only got 2 for them. Thanks for the good word NICK!!!! > ;D
Old 06-07-05, 05:29 PM   #7
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

Every fisherman has stretched the truth just alil bit ;D
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:09 PM   #8
Mikey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikey

when is the best time to catch a bass moring afternoon or night
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:20 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

matt, dont worry about that, go whenever you can. but preffurably morning and evening. but still dont think afternoon wont produce, it will. nj, i would throw in 2 things...a pop r (thought you would have said that jb) and a big black jitterbug as it becomes dark. stay alittle after dark with that jitterbug.....reel in some, then let it just sit there.....for 30secs, maybe more, then reel in alittle, and let it sit again. do this around cover, like on weedlines, and near would structure(both submerged and showing) cast to the same area multiple times with it, and be patient, once a bass hits it, it will more then likely be big, thats if you have a bigger jitterbug, but if a small bas hits it dont get discouraged.....good luck.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:23 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

also matt, alot has to do with temp, if its cold....then wait till the after noon time...if its hot, then night fishin, mourning and evening fishin will be best...but, i fish whenever i can.
Old 06-07-05, 06:37 PM   #11
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

What is a litterbug? Never heard of it and never seen one before. Go a pic?
Old 06-07-05, 06:54 PM   #12
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

ok i'm goin now...I'll tell y'all how i did.
Old 06-07-05, 06:58 PM   #13
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Jitterbug, this is one, i prefur it alot bigger, and with yellow eyes. notice how the front metal peice is rounded. Â*

Old 06-07-05, 07:30 PM   #14
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

true matt i catch bass all day. u just have to be smarter then the fish. go where they go according to conditions. i caught my biggest bass at around 3-4 pm in cloudy calm conditions. i also have caught big ones on the moring, but i use conditions to help.
Old 06-07-05, 07:34 PM   #15
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

I usually do better in the morning, but probably fish more from 4-9 in the afternoons and evening due to working.
Its cooler in the morning, you can establish a pattern and stick with it, then change when the weather 8) dictate
Old 06-07-05, 08:47 PM   #16
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
Sounds like a plan to me!
Me too.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 08:52 PM   #17
FLFishFan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FLFishFan

Same here. The best luck i have had is at night with a black Jitterbug. Can't beat fishing at night with a full moon when its hot out.
FLFishFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 01:14 AM   #18
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=NJBassDevil link=board=news;num=1118173651;start=0#10 date=06/07/05 at 17:37:01]What is a litterbug?[/quote]

A litterbug is someone who throws all of his trash on the ground, roads anywhere except the trash can.
: And no I don't have any pictures of them, they are usualy very sneeky, and only do it when nobody's looking

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 02:20 AM   #19
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=NJBassDevil link=board=news;num=1118173651;start=0#0 date=06/07/05 at 15:47:31]I'm goin to the pond tonight around 6 or so......it start to get dark at about 8:15. The air temp will be about 75 degrees at that time. I want to thro a Tiki stick which i have in the color Watermelon/Black Flake. I'm goin to thro that around a small island that have alot of fallen timber. I will work that on a t-rig until about 7:45. Them I'm think about switching over to may buzz bait Â*that i tried to put the "TRAILER HOOK" on and the main hooks barb broke off. That wont really matter. Do YOU guys think this is a good method??[/quote]
i say start running that buzzbait the second the sun leaves the horizon. Just got ahead and use black as the sky is already darkening. When throwing a buzz bait, I always have the best luck whenever I can get a certain sound from the buzz bait. I have to fish it at JUST the right speed and it sounds like a wounded baitfish as if it were exasporating air. I like to do this with an all black lure, skirt, and blade. Whenever I can keep that sound going on a retrieve for 25-30 feet, as long as I'm at least another 20-30 feet away, half the time I'll get a strike. It's almost a fluttery type sound, if you fish the bait as SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW as you can but keeping the blades turning, to the point that if it was AAAANNNNNYYYYYYY slower, the blades would quit turning and fall below the surface. I know some of you verterans buzz baiters know what "flutter" I'm talking about.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 02:25 AM   #20
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

and the 2 ABSOLUTE BEST times for fishing, GUARENTEED to catch fish if they are anywhere in the area, is when it is either raining, and when it is not! If you go some other time, you prolly won't catch much.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.