Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 09-09-13, 08:38 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Well it's time for a chuckle!

Well I've been kind of lax on giving you anglers Joe Adventures to laugh at.

Kayak has been good.
I live by a goofy standard, if you buy something then you MUST replace the money spent.
So I've been seeing clients this summer. (I usually only help out those clients who have immediate needs in the summer months. They are well aware of this and at times will call me just to see how the fishing is. )
Well I bought the Kayak and decked it out. I will post pics and explanations.....soon.
I still fish daily, usually dawn and dusk.
Sugar game has been a real challenge. Doc says it's because I try to accomplish too much daily, but what does he know?

Now for the laugh.
This mornig I didn't have an appointment till like noon so at 5am I and the Kayak decided to go for an outing.
Sugars were at like 60 when I got up so I ate extra heavy and hit the water by 5:05.
Most know that I get NO warning systems with my friend. No sweats, no weakness or funky feeling that most betics get. I'm good to go at sugars as low as 30 and wouldn't know they were low if I didn't prick my finger.
So starting low, I packed some grapes and some candy to take with.
In my haste....I left them on the counter which I realized when I reached the water. I've always said, " You have to have priorities, they don't have to be right, you just need to have them".So seeing I just ate, no problem. After all, a trip to a store would probably interfer with my priorities.

So I hit the water. Fishing was slow, one 3lber, half a dozen dinks.
I covered a lot of water and covered it fast....hence burned calories.
Now when my sugars get into the 50s my mind has a tendency to come up with some really crazy thoughts. But I don't realize that till usually after the fact.
I tie double San Diego Jam knots and usually the first clue I get is when I have a challenge tieing knots. Well it took me at least 15min. to change a lure and THREE reties.
So being observant I realized my sugars were probably low.
Being the ever so cautious individual I decided it was a good time to quit. It was like 10:30.
So I'm heading towards shore and remembered a lure I tossed on to the BANK LIKE FOUR DAYS AGO. Complete angler error. Knew I needed to re-tie cause I use NuJigs and I throw them in the nastiest places I can, because others can't get thier jigs back so they stay away from the nasty trees and lay downs. Not the easy ones, just the narly jig eating ones.
Jig needed a retie, but don't forget priorities. So I waited and the line gave BUT I saw where the jig landed...at least I thought.
This bank is like almost straight up with some weed right by shore.
I manuver the Kayak along the bank and step out.
No problem.
Searched for jig, why, no idea. I carry like a half dozen and Bo almost gives them away. Only have lost TWO all season and that was from shore and got wedged between rocks.
So anyway I don't find the jig and decide to go home.
Step on the front of Kayak, no problem.
I need to step over front hatch..........YA YOU GUESSED IT. I LOST MY BALANCE.
Man do those Kayaks launch nicely.
I'm in the water now and the Kayak is like 10 yards out.
So what do I do?
I start looking for my SUNGLASSES?
They float so no problem except, they went opposite direction of the Kayak.
So instead of swimming for the Kayak....ya I went for the glasses.
The wake from swimming kind of kept moving them out of reach but persistency pays and I get them.
The Kayak is now like 30 yards away.
I'm already beat, ya out of shape, but the swim wasn't that bad so I get to the Kayak.
Now for you Kayak Anglers, you know getting into a Kayak from the water isn't as easy as one would think.
Luckily I read up on this topic and I knew all I had to do was reach across to the outter side and pull my self out.
Never been so happy to be a little guy in all my life!!!

I'm lying belly down acrosse the Kayak for a good 10 minutes.
Tired but LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF.
You can imagine where the my sugars are now. But adrenaline kind of gives your body a sugar spike so no problem.

Oh and yes I do carry a PFD....safely stashed in the front hatch!

Hope you got a chuckle....I DID!
Old 09-10-13, 07:07 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well Joe, it's a good thing you kept your priorities and gathered up the sun glasses first so that you were able to keep down the glare in order to find the yak. Good thinkin!
Old 09-10-13, 07:20 AM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice since you could laugh at it later,whats that saying that that does not kill one makes one stronger.
The only problem with those challenges eventually one may just do so.
Having low sugar myself can relate,also built on a small frame,but after having one heart attack cannot fathom doing anything that might bring another on.
Glad you enjoyed it yak yak yak,could be worse down here a yak unattended would get an occupant quick,cottonmouths like to hitch rides.
When you b ringing that thing down here do have some cyprus swamp nearby,chock full of bass among other things.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.