Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-02-09, 06:01 PM   #1
DJ_Callahan_27
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Laser Bass Boat

Alright guys I just bought a 1988 19' Laser 3880 Bass boat. Thanks to Zooker for pointing me in the right direction. Well I got alittle more than the ad said though. If you seen the ad when Zooker posted it, it said it was for the boat and trailor only (no motor). It did have an old hand controled Johnson trolling motor also. When I went up to Ohio to look at the boat it still had the Suzuki 175 oil injected motor on it. After talking shop for a few min.s he informed me that it would take a couple of hours to remove the Suzuki but if I wanted it I could keep it with the boat.

I now have a Suzuki 175 hp oil injected motor that isn't running,but thats a different thread.

Now that I have my boat I plan on putting my Johnson GT 150 on it. I should be able to use my controls, cables, and wiring harnest from my Pro Craft I think or hope so anyway. I have a 6" or 10" jack plate on the other boat, should I use it on this one? If so how high or low should I set the prop?

This is where I need some help from Onefastlaser. He told me once before he could help if I get it....SO HELP...lol

Thanks guys I appreciate all your help.
DJ
DJ_Callahan_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 06:44 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

10" jack last i knew the laser is a boat that likes a high moter.. start at 3" under pad.. as for being definate.. 1fastlaser can tell ya..i can't since i never owned one...

zooker
Old 05-02-09, 06:59 PM   #3
DJ_Callahan_27

Thanks again Zooker for telling me about this boat. I haven't had a chance to really check out all the pumps and lights and such yet but the boat is solid and the trailor was completly redone. (wiring, lights, and tires)
Old 05-02-09, 07:33 PM   #4
zooker

i want to know how you got the "bass bote" past your wife...

oh btw you now own a laser. a cajun red beans and rice bred boat. the infamus nation wide ad was miss spelled for laser boats...ever since any one talking about there laser refures to it as "my bote"...it's a coonie thang..

zooker
Old 05-02-09, 07:42 PM   #5
DJ_Callahan_27

Yeah all the paperwork that they gave me describing the sale as far as the printed recipt and so on as it spelled Lazer. I only got to things from them that had it spelled right. The boat and the title.....lol
Old 05-02-09, 08:34 PM   #6
boater

Congrads those is sum nice floaters.post some pics to I kin clean my keyboard wit drool. I had a 86
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 08:45 PM   #7
bamabassman

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh boy. 1fastlaser is gonna have a boner when he sees this. he is probably gonna come over there and "tinker" on it fer ya. we all know he LOVES to get dem thangs hot. hahahahahahahahaha, congrats man. hope you love it and catch em all.
Old 05-02-09, 08:58 PM   #8
DJ_Callahan_27

Thanks guys. I didn't get much of a chance to play with it today. But I like what I have seen so far. I had to put in about 500 miles to go get it today and to make matters worse it was raining when I got home with it so I just backed it in the barn and came in the house. I know that I will have a ton of questions about it once I get started working on it. I don't know alot about Laser boats but I'm sure that 1fastlaser can get me started in the right direction.
Old 05-03-09, 07:28 AM   #9
ally260
BassFishin.Com Member

Alrighty then! Ya gonna like it. As far as offset it likes 6 ta 8 inches with tha 150's even if it is an "OMC" . Check your cable (steerin') length. This will have an effect on how much setback ya can use. Like said, start at 3 ta 3 1/4 inches below tha pad. Watch ya pressure guage and go from there. Tha higher ya can run and keep pressure tha better. Don't know about tha type props ya got for tha OMC, but it needs ta have something that will carry tha bow. 1fast can help with tha OMC stuff since I kinda get choked up tryin' ta say tha OMC word . They run at a little higher attitude than most V bottoms with 150's and 200's. Ya probably done it already but check tha kickers, stringers, transom and floor really, really well.

WE NEED PICTURES..................T
ally260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 07:04 PM   #10
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Question

Why would ANYONE buy a lazy bote. Seems to me you'd get nowhere fast and...What?...Lazer? Laser? Boat?...Ohhhhhhhhh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 07:04 PM   #11
boater

here 's one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO8H1eP6zKc
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 07:21 PM   #12
bassackwards

damn thats fast
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 09:47 PM   #13
zooker

and that is with a slow azzed omc.. love to see one packin a hydrotech phaze III hammer...

zooker
Old 05-04-09, 10:01 PM   #14
ally260
BassFishin.Com Member

Hammer is to heavy but a stem windin' 260 would test tha biggest set of gonads (even when I was a bunch younger )...........T
ally260 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.