Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 10-28-11, 12:47 AM   #126
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Who is David Freese?...HECK OF A GAME!
Old 10-28-11, 01:03 AM   #127
WatterBoy

TWO different innings with a chance to win the world series and the Rangers can't hold a 2 run lead either time! And they also had SL down to their last strike once in each inning...what a crazy game that one was! Congrats to the Redbirds for winning a thriller. Seems only fitting that this series goes 7 games. Can't wait for tomorrow night's game to see how it turns out!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 06:54 AM   #128
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I think before watching tonights game I better double up on the blood pressure meds, haha. What a game!
Old 10-28-11, 12:26 PM   #129
carolina-rig-01

I honestly feel bad for Joe, he is so close to experiencing the thrill of watching his team win the World Series and they let game 6 get away from them, but like I told Joe lastnight........I don't feel bad enough to cheerfor the Rangers lol. David Freese has been as clutch as they come this postseason and it was nice to see. Him make up for his error earlier in the game. Early on the Cardinals played terrible and I never thought they would get themselves back in the game but they showed a lot of heart.
Old 10-28-11, 12:33 PM   #130
3dkicker

I'm not sure I agree with all the pitching changes made by the Rangers last night.....
Old 10-28-11, 01:25 PM   #131
Jrob78

Talk about a disappointing night. I felt like I got kicked in the balls a couple dozen times. It was one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen, on both sides. Last night was the first game I really felt Wash mismanaged. The decision to pinch hit for Feldman and put Lowe in to pitch was the last nail in the coffin and I knew it as soon as I saw German put a helmet on, I knew we had just lost the game.

Kudos to the Cards though, they got the big clutch hits when they needed them and just would not go away. Lance Berkman and David Freese have been huge thorns in our side. The Cards showed a ton of heart last night and showed why they made it to the World Series, they definitely deserve to be here. Thankfully, we have one more game. I hope my heart can take it.
Old 10-28-11, 01:44 PM   #132
LVSKEETER
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm a huge cards fan and didn't think I was gonna survive last night!! wow! One thing I didn't agree with Ron Washington about was him walking Pujols to face Berkman late in the game..I know Pujols is one of the greatest if not the greatest player ever, but you gotta play in the moment. Berkman had been killin the ball all series and if I'm not mistaken Pujols had been somethin like 0-16 up to that point since game 3..There's those that will say hind sight is 20/20 but you gotta play the numbers..for the most part sports is a "what have you done for me lately" business and Pujols was slumpin..Call me crazy but that's my .02
LVSKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 06:16 PM   #133
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSKEETER View Post
I'm a huge cards fan and didn't think I was gonna survive last night!! wow! One thing I didn't agree with Ron Washington about was him walking Pujols to face Berkman late in the game..I know Pujols is one of the greatest if not the greatest player ever, but you gotta play in the moment. Berkman had been killin the ball all series and if I'm not mistaken Pujols had been somethin like 0-16 up to that point since game 3..There's those that will say hind sight is 20/20 but you gotta play the numbers..for the most part sports is a "what have you done for me lately" business and Pujols was slumpin..Call me crazy but that's my .02
I totally agree, but then again I am not a huge Pujols supporter either.
Old 10-28-11, 08:24 PM   #134
WatterBoy

That's one of the things that makes baseball so great -- there are tons of moves/non-moves and other decisions every game that everyone can have their own opinion about. Personally, I'd walk Pujols every time and face Berkman, so I didn't have a problem with that move. Settling in now for what I hope is a great game 7!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 11:38 PM   #135
keithdog

CARDS WIN CARDS WIN CARDS WIN CARDS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A great team effort all around tonight. What a great way to end the season!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bd4a071409eaa5ec64a11ced1e9c7b38-getty-130724577.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	7301  
Old 10-28-11, 11:43 PM   #136
Jrob78

Big congratulations to the Cardinals! They played a hell of a series and came out ahead. I'm happy for Kory and all the rest of you guys who were routing for the Cards. We had our chance in game 6, twice, and the Cardinals got it done when they needed to. Like I told Kory, we didn't give it away, they took it, they deserved to win. It was a great series and one that I will never forget.
Old 10-29-11, 12:22 AM   #137
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Big congratulations to the Cardinals! They played a hell of a series and came out ahead. I'm happy for Kory and all the rest of you guys who were routing for the Cards. We had our chance in game 6, twice, and the Cardinals got it done when they needed to. Like I told Kory, we didn't give it away, they took it, they deserved to win. It was a great series and one that I will never forget.
Another thing that I wish to say is that the Rangers proved they belong in the World Series and that they are a top notch team with a great group of guys who know how to fight hard for a win. This series could have gone either way last night. The Rangers have nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 10-29-11, 12:38 AM   #138
bcklash

Congratulations to Kory, Keithdog and all Cards fans and the Cardinals.

Congratulions to you to Jrob you nothing to be ashamed of the Rangers have had 2 great seasons in a row and I don't think they will be disappearing for awhile

This proves my point about the BCS--a month ago the Cards would not have been voted in. Then earned their WAY in the playoffs and now they are WORLD CHAMPIONS
Old 10-29-11, 02:10 AM   #139
carolina-rig-01

I was at a loss for words tonight after the Cardinals won, and I still don't know what to say. It was the most exciting World Series that I have ever watched, partially because I am biased towards my redbirds but also because these two teams were so evenly matched. I was thinking tonight during the game that these two teams could play 50 games against each other and after it was all said and done I bet neither team would have won more than 2 or 3 games than the other team. The Cardinals have shown amazing character all season long and I am proud of them. Having been a huge Cardinals fan since I was born I grew up watching some really good and some really bad Cardinals teams. Talent wise I rate this team somewhere in the middle, but the fact that they always kept it light in the clubhouse and were always laughing, joking around, and having fun really proves that a team atmosphere where all the members truly care about each other is so valuable. Look at where buying all the talent in the world got the Yank-me's this year. Berkman, Theriot, and Punto have really been instramental in the light heartedness that has made the Cardinals fun for me to watch this year and soon after they joined the team in the spring you could see everyone start to gel and start having fun.

As for the Rangers. I told Joe this a few times and I absolutley mean it. Under different circumstances I would have been cheering for the Rangers right along with Joe. If I had to pick a second favorite team in baseball it would be the Rangers. Partially because of Nolan Ryan but also because I admire all that Josh Hamilton has overcome to become who he is, and also because they don't have any show boating or arrogant players on their team. Much like my beloved Cardinals, they just show up and do their job quietly but better than almost anyone else in baseball.

Joe your Rangers were a lot of things this year but a disappointment isn't one of them. I feel for you buddy, and I mean that. I remember how hard I took it when we got swept by the Red Sox in 04 and I totally understand how you feel right now. I would be surprised if the Rangers didn't win a World Series title within the next few years. They just have too much offense to not wrap one of these things up. In my opinion your pitching just got overworked in the series and that was the difference maker. Washington did a great job but LaRussa is a master at getting everyone the work they need without over working anyone, and that was what made the difference in my opinion. Also home field advantage was huge for the Cardinals. If the Rangers have home field advantage then game 6 doesn't get postponed and you draw Lohse rather than Carpenter. Also the miracle comeback in game 6 probably doesn't happen, and winning two on the road for the Cardinals would have been asking a lot, but what really stood out to me was Washington seemed kind of lost as to what to do late in game 6 when he either had to pinch hit for the pitcher or let him bat..........in an American League ballpark that isn't even a factor because of the DH.

Good series and it was fun texting back and forth with you.
Old 10-30-11, 02:37 AM   #140
Jrob78

Thanks for the kind words guys. Kory, I've thoroughly enjoyed talking baseball with you and having a friend routing for the other team made the WS that much more enjoyable. As disappointed as I am right now (and I really am) I'm happy for you. I agree with you 100% that these 2 teams are very evenly matched. What a fantastic series this was.

I've been a Rangers fan ever since I was old enough to know what baseball was. I've lived through some really, really bad baseball. I am so proud of this group of guys, the manager and the organization. They have turned things around and changed the whole baseball mentality of the area. The Rangers drew a franchise record number of fans, won their division and the penant while suffering through the hottest summer in N. Tx history, that's really saying something. Last season we were just happy making it to the World Series, this year we really expected to win and it really hurts losing it the way we did. 1 strike away from a championship, twice. Like Wash would say, "That's how baseball go."

I love the Rangers and I am thankful for the hours and hours of happiness they gave me this year. I probably watched 140 games this year, was at opening day and listened to the ones I couldn't watch on the radio. It will take awhile to digest this but we will and we will be ready for next season. Spring training can't get here soon enough.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.