Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 07-31-12, 02:32 PM   #76
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bryce, your bigotry and small mind has once again made it to the forefront. I live in a state that just recently took the civil rights away from thousands of gay couples. What was the overwhelming reason here in the 19th century?
" The bible says it's wrong."
Mr. Cathy can do whatever he wants with his fast food joints.
I used to think that you were just some sort of curmudgeon, but the more I read the bile that you put forth, the more I see you as person to only be pitied.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 02:42 PM   #77
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
Bryce, your bigotry and small mind has once again made it to the forefront. I live in a state that just recently took the civil rights away from thousands of gay couples. What was the overwhelming reason here in the 19th century?
" The bible says it's wrong."
Mr. Cathy can do whatever he wants with his fast food joints.
I used to think that you were just some sort of curmudgeon, but the more I read the bile that you put forth, the more I see you as person to only be pitied.
You continue to dodge the issue...the Bible had nothing to do with it. A majority of the citizens in your state voted for it. I'm pretty sure nowhere in your state's constitution is the Bible granted status as Law.

What is sad is that you refuse to stand up for Mr. Cathy, at least on a legal (but obviously not moral) basis, and in the same breath complain about the government taking away other people's rights. Don't you even see the contradiction? Or is tyranny only unacceptable when it is contrary to your aims?

"First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me."
Old 07-31-12, 03:20 PM   #78
Top Tiger

Not dodging anything. The majority of people in my state voted and used the bible their reason. You're right though, the bible is not in the state constitution but when it's used as reasoning for legislation, then it might as well be.

First they came for the communists....... Tail gunner Joe.
Then they came for the trade unionists...... Wisconsin, Ohio etc.
Then the came for the Jews...... If I was Jewish, I'd start being concerned about folks voting to not allow Sharia Law in their state. I'd be wondering if perhaps, I wasn't on the to-do list a little further down the road.

Finally, as I stated. Mr. Cathy can do as he pleases with his restaurant. It is after all, his right. It's his restaurant. Please, don't attribute to me, things that I didn't say. A little intellectual honest might be in order for you too.
Old 07-31-12, 03:51 PM   #79
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
I live in a state that just recently took the civil rights away from thousands of gay couples. What was the overwhelming reason here in the 19th century?
I'm not familiar with N. Carolina politics so, exactly what Civil Right(s) was/were taken away?

Did N. Carolina, perhaps refuse to recognize gay marriage as ligitimate? If that is/was the case, exactly which Civil Right was violated?

If that is the case, how is marriage considered a Civil Right? I don't see marriage listed in the Constitution or any ammendment, nor is marital status listed in the Equal Opportunity Employment Act as a basis to contend discrimination. Speaking of the Equal Opportunity Employment Act, an employer may not discriminate when hiring or firing based upon race, National origin, gender, age, religion, physical disability or pregnancy. Sexual orientation, martial status or being plain ugly are not included.

So which Civil Right was removed? A real one or an imaginary one? Marriage is basically a religious concept, what a marriage is varies a bit between religions. The Government cannot meddle with, interfere in, or alter religious concepts - that is forbidden by the U. S. Constitution and doing so impacts everyone's Civil Right, spcifically Freedom of Religion, and is the Constitution specifically spells out Seperation of Church & State.

So, I have to agree with Byrce in that gross inaccuracies are being spoken as truth or fact. Wild claims, without any foundation in fact. Bigotry? Are you kidding me? The bigotry is in the backlash against a business owner by a politician, specificly Rahm Emanuel, who is completely clueless as to what the First Amendment is about, abuses the power of his office for political pandering, threatened to deny a business access to the City (costing jobs) and bashed publically a white, business owner for expressing his personal moral and religious beliefs. Who is the larger threat to our society?

Stop the presses, late addition.
Quote:
You're right though, the bible is not in the state constitution but when it's used as reasoning for legislation, then it might as well be.
I have to say once again the above quote is twisting what I believe happened, based upon what I also read above. The Bible WAS NOT used "as reasoning for legislation" - I don't for a minute belive legislators consulted the Bible, Tora, Koran or any other "holy book" when they drafted the law (Legislation is what the elected officails do). As I read it, VOTERS used their religious beliefs and moral values, based on the Bible or other "holy book" of their particular religion to DEFEAT or RECALL legislation. There is a big difference - Voters do not have any part in legislation. Therefore the above statement saying "when it's used (the Bible) as reasoning for legislation" is inaccurate and very misleading. As the statement reads, it would be easy to believe legislators consult their respective "holy book" when drafting law - they do not, and cannot without violating the Constitution and every citizens Civil Rights in doing so.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 07-31-12 at 04:11 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 04:34 PM   #80
Top Tiger

Let's see
Loss of rights to child custody in case of death of one partner
Loss of the right to even visit your partner in the hospital if other family members object.
Loss of protection against domestic abuse.
Loss of the right to file joint tax returns as a family.

These are just a few.
This not only applies to gay couples but to heteros living together. If your girlfriend has your child, according to the law now, that's not your child. You don't have a proper marriage according to state law.

A few years ago it was against the law to marry outside of your race. The majority of the arguments against that were those that said once again
" The Bible says so"

A lot of people say they want to get the government out of their lives but have no problem with the government getting into someone elses life.
Old 07-31-12, 06:24 PM   #81
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tiger View Post
Let's see
Loss of rights to child custody in case of death of one partner
Loss of the right to even visit your partner in the hospital if other family members object.
Loss of protection against domestic abuse.
Loss of the right to file joint tax returns as a family.

These are just a few.
This not only applies to gay couples but to heteros living together. If your girlfriend has your child, according to the law now, that's not your child. You don't have a proper marriage according to state law.

A few years ago it was against the law to marry outside of your race. The majority of the arguments against that were those that said once again
" The Bible says so"

A lot of people say they want to get the government out of their lives but have no problem with the government getting into someone elses life.
BS-Try not paying your child support and see who child they say it is.
Old 07-31-12, 08:14 PM   #82
BassinBandit

Chick-fil-a has good food and I am not gonna go there because the owner said what was on his mind. Its his opinion and he has a right to it. Do I agree with him.....Not at all. I have friends that are gay and have partners and I would gladly go to their wedding if they were able to. Chick-fil-a should not be punished by the government for him speaking his opinion. Now if you want to ban Chick-fil-a for it that is fine that is your right and you right to tell anyone you want about it. Remember that is the same right that gives him the right to give his opinion.

P.S. We have two Vegas (I give everything away because I can afford to because I am a lawyer) spider? Say it ain't so!
Old 07-31-12, 08:24 PM   #83
joedog

I have to ask a question.
Is the true motivation behind all this political crap to convince the opposite side that what you preach is a BETTER alternative or is this just a one-up-manshipship , I know more than you so that makes my beliefs right. Not finding common ground (there must be some somewhere in all this) rather think exactly like me or your wrong, end of story.
I have never convinced a single person to agree even partly with me by insinuating that the person is dumb or ignorant of my view of the facts. Those that feel 'no compromising' no 'common ground' excepted really can't truely believe the other side will agree with anything you or I say.
You call ME names and insinuate that you know more about my rights as a human being than I ever will will make me 'dig in' and even if I normally may agree with some or maybe even all your ideas, I'm not changing my views even if you show me where my ideas may be somewhat flawed.

That being said, at least this round is a little more civil than the last round but do to some very poor wording and accusations we are headed right back to the 'I know more than you about history or law or the constitution' so that makes my point right and your point ignorant.
You think I'm going to change my mind and even if I do I may vote opposite of you peerly out of spite.

So if the true point of all this chatter is truely to make life in America better, some of you may want to reconsider your tactics.

Debate on ANGLERS.
Old 07-31-12, 09:21 PM   #84
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Not Vegas but I know VS.

I think a few want that to be the case as now they know who I am. (Lifestyle) My first name is Robert but I am called Bob, Bobby, hey you etc. My last name is Forbuss. Google it, there are several of us in Vegas. (3-4 I think) I actually live in Henderson, closer to the lake than the other Bob. If this does not clear it up for you, then go ahead and let your phobia take over.

And no you cannot contact me outside of this forum, my private life is just that please respect it. I regret responding to anything after my lifestyle post I always find it better to let the old men and boys play the game the way they want to play it. This stuff does not keep me up at night or running to the computer to see what someone said.

I mean it last response unless there is an attack that is not fitting, go back to arguing about chicken sandwiches.

P.S. – Similar writing styles, it is called educated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
Chick-fil-a has good food and I am not gonna go there because the owner said what was on his mind. Its his opinion and he has a right to it. Do I agree with him.....Not at all. I have friends that are gay and have partners and I would gladly go to their wedding if they were able to. Chick-fil-a should not be punished by the government for him speaking his opinion. Now if you want to ban Chick-fil-a for it that is fine that is your right and you right to tell anyone you want about it. Remember that is the same right that gives him the right to give his opinion.

P.S. We have two Vegas (I give everything away because I can afford to because I am a lawyer) spider? Say it ain't so!
Z521Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 09:39 PM   #85
kennethdaysale

Default Let's wrap it up.

Well this has been a fun thread. Lot's of honest and sincere dialogue. I think it would be fitting to close it out with a good laugh. Many of the posters here who oppose Gay marriage do so because of their religious beliefs, others just because it seems wrong. I don't mind saying that Mr Carrington pretty much sums it up for me.
http://youtu.be/7B7Hh70nmjg
Old 07-31-12, 09:43 PM   #86
MO_CPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z521Bass View Post
I don't believe they are referring to education, Z.
Old 07-31-12, 09:44 PM   #87
nofearengineer

Do you get Bob and Tom in SC, KDS?
Old 07-31-12, 09:48 PM   #88
kennethdaysale

Sure, but if I listen to the radio in the am it's usually john boy and billy
Old 07-31-12, 09:56 PM   #89
kennethdaysale

Quote:
I am failing on every level to find you humorist? You made two post(s) here and (in) both I think you mean(t) to be funny, maybe you need to spell it out for me?

Don’t forget gaydar works through all forces and you are pinging at this very moment.
QUOTE=kennethdaysale;386966]Hey yall want to see something comical? Take a look at mudboys welcoming post to Z521. 6-20-12 post #12. What are the odds
[/QUOTE]

This is not a question. If it is a question then what is the question? Did you mean to say..."I am failing on every level to find you humorous."
Educated writing style indeed.
Old 07-31-12, 10:21 PM   #90
joedog

Hey Ken I got one for ya:

What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?

Incorrectly!

Come on thats got to be worth a smile or two!
Old 07-31-12, 10:23 PM   #91
nofearengineer

That is not a spelling error that an educated American would make...maybe someone from another country maybe.....looks a bit like Engrish to me
Old 07-31-12, 10:24 PM   #92
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Hey Ken I got one for ya:

What word in the English language is almost always spelled incorrectly?
.....vacuum.....
Old 07-31-12, 10:26 PM   #93
kennethdaysale

[QUOTE=nofearengineer;387064.....looks a bit like Engrish to me [/QUOTE]

Engrish you say Hop Sing?
Old 07-31-12, 10:42 PM   #94
joedog

How did I know you would think of another.

You give no smile, you get know smile!

OK, I'll concede to the new found 'common ground'.
Old 07-31-12, 11:53 PM   #95
BassinBandit

Quote:
I think a few want that to be the case as now they know who I am. (Lifestyle) My first name is Robert but I am called Bob, Bobby, hey you etc. My last name is Forbuss. Google it, there are several of us in Vegas. (3-4 I think) I actually live in Henderson, closer to the lake than the other Bob. If this does not clear it up for you, then go ahead and let your phobia take over.

And no you cannot contact me outside of this forum, my private life is just that please respect it. I regret responding to anything after my lifestyle post I always find it better to let the old men and boys play the game the way they want to play it. This stuff does not keep me up at night or running to the computer to see what someone said.

I mean it last response unless there is an attack that is not fitting, go back to arguing about chicken sandwiches.

Hey might want to get used to this though cause this might be your picking point like catching dinks is for Bama. Don't take to much offense to it. You will find out that most people have one.
Old 08-01-12, 12:23 AM   #96
bassboogieman

Quote:
LMAO, more like "ghost writer".
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 12:37 AM   #97
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
Hey might want to get used to this though cause this might be your picking point like catching dinks is for Bama. Don't take to much offense to it. You will find out that most people have one.

Brings up an interesting point, is this board ready for an openly gay member?
Old 08-01-12, 12:54 AM   #98
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Brings up an interesting point, is this board ready for an openly gay member?
That settles it.

Billy, you win.

Best troll ever.
Old 08-01-12, 07:01 AM   #99
RustyFender
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
I only join this forum in hopes that I could see all of you naked

Z5, Your welcomed on this forum despite the people that dont support your lifestyle....Its very easy to ignore them and turn off the computer and go bite a pillow
Wow. I go out of town for a few days and return to find gayness has broken out. Strange. What's next? I log on to my favorite Rodeo forum and the discussion has turned to the intricacies of needlepoint? Focus people focus.
RustyFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 07:56 AM   #100
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
That settles it.

Billy, you win.

Best troll ever.
Congrats on your 5,000th post, Bryce.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.