Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-23-04, 06:35 PM   #1
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1
Default lure question

Do any of you have a major preference as to what kind jig you use? And does any body have a particular favorite kind of shallow diving crank in the 0'-1' range> Why? Thanks, I'm going to be buying a bunch of tackle at BPS and these are just a couple things I wasn't sure of.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 06:59 PM   #2
bruce
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bruce
Default Re: lure question

I like the Mann's stone jig and the Mann's Baby 1- crank. I like the stone jig cuz of the rippled head, good quality hook and hook angle. No particular reason on the Baby 1-, just what I've always used. LOL.

Scott
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 09:32 PM   #3
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Another vote for Mann's Baby 1-. I haven't used others in that category, like Shallow A or Footloose, but the 1- was the first in that category, it produces and I don't feel the need to change.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 01:42 AM   #4
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Manns Baby 1- is awesome!!!!! Might I suggest the Ghost and Firetiger colors
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 10:18 AM   #5
dave_in_fl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dave_in_fl

The baby 1- is awesome, if you are looking for variety also get a subwart (shallow version of the wiggle wart) they are another great lure in that depth range.

Merry Xmas
dave_in_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 07:19 PM   #6
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Hula, The Manns baby 1- is a great crankbait ,but do not limit it to shallow water only. I fish jigs 98% or more of the time, but I know what works well for me may not be to your liking.I really like the Picasso brand jigs,but I like the round bend hook ,not the wide gap hooks.(they make both)The second jig that I have been using is the Booyah jig. I do not use a jig less than 1/2 oz.Usually 3/4 oz. for most fishing applications The Booyah jig seems like a stupid name but it has a good big hook and decent jig design. I use 30lb Tuf Line braid and have narrowed my trailer choice down to a Zoom LiL critter craw, or a Yum chunk 2.75" size, or a zoom Superchunk Jr. Bass pro sells a Lucky strike Rick Clunn series chunk that is durable.I hope this helps you , If you have any jig questions ,I don't know everything but I can give you what I know that works and help explain some questions you may have. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 09:40 PM   #7
bassmania25
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmania25

I agree the mann's baby1 minus cant be beat, well not that i have found anyway. .......... Scott R
bassmania25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 10:00 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Another vote for the Baby 1-. I also like a Bandit 100 series but it runs just a bit deeper. Jigs-I don't think they are made anymore but I like a Cyclone jig-has a bullet head which I prefer, or in heavy cover/flipping I like the Grassmaster Weed jig, which PnJ introduced me to. Here's the link:

http://www.allterraintackle.com/products/grassjig.html
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-04, 10:17 PM   #9
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.

Another vote for the Bandit! Throw one every time out, catch bass, perch, trout even muskie. Never tried a baby #1 will buy one next week. But Im telling all of you, Please take heed THE EAKINS Jig set with salted craw trailers are Awsome! So awsome Im all out. Also watched Denny B. win a tourney the other night on ESPN BassProTour, On a Strike King jig with purple craw trailer.(he swears by it and any man that can win 2million fishing cant be wrong) Pick these up It will be the best 10$ you spend all winter!
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-04, 07:28 AM   #10
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

Thet have a Bandit lure that they call footloose.Is this the one you are talking about ? Rebbasser, The Allterrain jigs are a great design, but I buy the Picasso's & Booyah jigs because they are cheaper & I can buy them locally. The hooks are good & heavy for keeping the fish on when puling them out of the thick milfoil.
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-04, 11:26 AM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

I personally use the Strike King Pro Model Jig, with A Yum Craw Trailer. Mainly because I've found it to have a sharp point, and a sturdy hook, and I can get them Locally I'm Planning on getting some from Allteraintackle because I love the inset eye 8) Never used them yet, but they look pretty dang good. I do also have some Stanley, and BooYah jigs, just prefer the Strike King. No opinion yet on cranks, since I'm still learning those, ask me again next year

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.