Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-06, 12:52 PM   #26
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

what can you say about that krueger

never lost a big fish do to line snapping
Old 01-14-06, 01:23 PM   #27
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Krueger, I'll continue to respect you on the other topics - on this you are just uninformed and there is nothing else I can say.
Old 01-14-06, 02:29 PM   #28
Fishie

Krueger, I agree with WTL you are not informed on the Big Game. It is a very good line and I got it spooled on my baitcasters now. Ask some pros like larry nixon, Jay yelas, Ken Cook if its a good line. They will tell you it's one of the better lines that they use. Only thing is it has some memory but it is strong. Listen to the people on here they know what they are talking about usually.
If you haven't tried it you should. You are missing out on that.
Old 01-14-06, 02:46 PM   #29
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

All right, I give, I'll try it. I guess I can trust you guys. I just had too many bad experiences with their other lines.
Old 01-14-06, 03:07 PM   #30
Fishie

yeah their other lines blow like fireline. XT is a good line too that they make.
Old 01-14-06, 03:07 PM   #31
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Most people use the green line, it comes in large spools for like 8 bucks at walmart so it is also a very cost effective line. Great for fishing heavier baits, especially rats, spinnerbaits and topwater.

The reason Trilene makes 3 or 4 different styles of line is because each line handles differently. XL is for spinning rods, I think this is probably what you used before - it is softer with less memory but its not a tough line. XT cliams to be extra tough but I really never cared for it. Big game is the heavy duty stuff, its only weakness is the memory but thats no worse than original stren and its much stronger.
Old 01-14-06, 03:38 PM   #32
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

I wish the magazines reviewed things as honestly as you guys. What we need is a Consumer Reports style magazine that can truthfully describe a products pros and cons without fear of a company retaliating by pulling their money out. This site is working out pretty good for that though. Thanks.
Old 01-14-06, 03:47 PM   #33
Unregistered

ya i agree. Reviews always seem to favor towards their sponsors... oh well maybe we should make a section on this forum for reviews.
Old 01-14-06, 08:01 PM   #34
bass kicker

i disagree with you fishie fire line is awsome i have never snapped it and i am talkin about usin it for northern pike with no leader and never lost a fish to this date and it is great for casting

i prefer usin it on spinning reel i find it works better on them
Old 01-15-06, 12:04 AM   #35
Fishie

Doesn't work good for me but maybe it does for you. I just think their are better lines other than Fireline out there like Powerpro. Fireline ain't even a braid.
Old 01-15-06, 08:48 AM   #36
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Big Game is ok, if you like a stiff thick heavy line with lot's of memory. In fact people that have a memory equal to Big Game are considered geniuses.
Seriously though it is decent..but there are other lines I prefer. It is extremely abrasion resistant. It does come in clear also. Finally have gotten through my 3000 yd. bulk spool of 12 lb. clear Big Game. I don't like it for jerk baits or small cranks though, because of the memory, but it can be worked/stretched out so as not to inhibit the action or sensitivity. Personally speaking I do prefer a much smaller diameter line in the same weight class. Just have to check it more often and retie more often.
Old 01-15-06, 05:34 PM   #37
KH.

first of all, i have no problem with any kind of trilene.xl is more of a smooth casting which has normal abrasion resistance, it is not meant for just spinning reels,i use it on baitcasting too,mostly on finesse baits that dont recieve much nicks from rocks and stumps ect.xt is extra tough,and more abrasion resistant.but it has more memory and more line twist.i do own fireline and its not that bad.not the best either.its hard to spool on imo and
doesnt go on neatly,and doesnt cast great distances.definately for spinning reels only.imo.but has low diameter and unbeliavable strenght and cuts some vegation.my two cents
Old 01-16-06, 09:27 AM   #38
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Big Game Is As Far As Im Concerned The Best Mono There Is. It May Not Be The Best For Every Application But Its Darn Good.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.