Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-19-04, 02:06 AM   #1
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Nine Pounder BABY!

Hey dudes! I am taken the iced in downtime to develop a whole slue of new wood baits for this season. With the expanded staff, its a ton easier this year because I can send them to Florida, Arizona and California for some winter fishing. Anyway, Got a phone call tonight! Appears that a new Pro Basser I am trying to get on board hooked himself a 9 pound, 7 ouncer on a new lure I sent to him as a bait package sample to get him fishing my lures.... Now I have to wait for the 35mm photo to get developed to see the fish, but this is what he caught it on:

Undoubtedly, he was tickled and I pee'd my pants listen to the catch story! He caught it on Lake Jessup in Seminole County. I dont know the lake, but wish I did! Well, I started cranking out some new ones today to spread out to some of the other staffers to get some feedback! If you are familiar with the Bomber Flat Series, its very similar, but weighted a little more forward to get a bit more tail wiggle.

I'll show some paint jobs soon.....

Chip
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 12:31 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: Nine Pounder BABY!

chip wat color was the bait he was fishin. i live not more than 15 minutes from jessup. i might be interested in this bait.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 03:05 PM   #3
flachristopherkeene9

Hey... I dont want to give the impression that this bait targets 9 pounders..... We just got lucky and put it in front of the right fishes face! I say "WE", LOL, meaning my bait and his skill!

But it was in the bluegill pattern that I paint. The Avenger I am showing on my main page is in Bluegill. He said that the bait in that color was good with about 3 feet visability (which was what he was fishing).

I could think of a couple SENKOS in that color pattern to throw in that water as well. I am supposed to hit a Redfish Tour Event and a BASS Event this summer... I think I will have to search this lake out.

Chip
Old 12-19-04, 07:31 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

Another nice feather for your cap 8) Looking forward to seeing the picture when you get it.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 08:26 PM   #5
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

Lake Jessup!?! ??? ??? Thats probably one of the worst bass lakes in the area. Its a 10,000 acre lake about 5 minutes away from me. It is a nasty lake, literally there is 20ft of muck and gatorpoop on the bottom. Its got the highest concentration of gators in florida. Its great for sunfish, but its filled with gar and catfish. My friend has lived on the lake for years and fished ita bunch and only caught two bass out of it.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-04, 08:30 PM   #6
flachristopherkeene9

well when i get more details, i will try and fill you in on Jessup location... like i said... never fished it and dont know it.

did get this.... Near St Johns River? somewhere?

chip
Old 12-19-04, 09:05 PM   #7
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

got an uncle that fishes the john he lives about 1/2 mile from it.

going ta have to go visiting him some time.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 12:52 AM   #8
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Lake Jessup has been gettin cleaned up and yes theres an incredibly large population of gators there, St Johns does feed into it, I think. The Winter Park Chain is what I want to fish. Chip if you want a general working mans test done during the winter Im always willing. Dont have the pro skills but could help ya with the novice to intermediate level. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-04, 02:26 PM   #9
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

Good job Chipper,

It's good to get another bass pro on board! Hope you have great success in the new year with your business.
It's good when things go your way.

Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-04, 02:26 AM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

sure is good for catfish, we have a few trott lines on it. went over the lake 2day. looked real eerie after this afternoons rain,w/the steam comin off it and all.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-04, 07:38 PM   #11

hey i live right near lake jessup to. crazy. awsome lake i was being stupid flippin kiss. grass with a black/blue bitzy JIGS and broke off like at least five 5 plus fish.
you have to no the lake sorta to beable to fish it. o yeah this is tournyfisher508 im to lazy to sign in at my dads house. lol. yeah chip send me an email bout these baits i will surley buy from you. bassking376@yahoo.com

Kevin
Old 12-26-04, 08:25 PM   #12
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

Hey, Chip that is pretty cool!!! I need to get out on the lake !

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.